TEAM AIR TRAINER

Sick stuff these last few posts.

Damz, an at1 collection for everyone to envy. I can look at that top photo for days... When I first got into cross trainers, I was thinking about going for theentire collection like that, But I soon changed my tune and went for the originals from 2000. no regrets.. its good to see someone else go through with that"dream" fulfilled that i once had early on. I love that euro at III white/red/black.. nice compliment to the pair posted below you.

somekid, i too need a sz12 or higher. I have NEVER once seen anything larger than an 11 on any website/auction site. I swear they don't even exist.It's purely a myth that some might have existed in the past. Like big foot... Weird stuff going on with that release back in 2001. supposedly a co.jprelease. most know these as being limited in the larger size range. limited is the key word. not NON existent. These appear to never have been made in anythingin 11.5 and above.

team ack right, those were my first AT III retro... decent quality and a jordan like c/w... good stuff to still see those being worn and around.

nice pickup this past week.. might be sold to a fellow person in need...
48825654b8660cf9c37bcfc96a5b49d18e9413a.jpg

I got another surprise coming in these next few days... it'll be a EXTRA of something I already own.. gotta love the backup pairs

modzzilla, if you were a 12 or 13, id have the hookup on a bunch of stuff, but youre a sz too small unforunately.

Thanks for all the posters on this thread sharing one of the most under appreciated Nike shoe categories. Nice to see so many others share my passion forthese great shoes. I was critical of the new Air Trainer 1 model, but I'm excited with the way Nike hyped the release with the athletes and back story.

For those to young to remember, this was how the buzz was for the newest cross trainer release in the late 80's. Nike would debut the new cross trainerwith a Bo Jackson commercial at the mid summer classic. Before the strike, steroids scandals and bad Fox announcers, everyone tuned into the Baseball All-Stargame included sneaker fans to see Bo Jackson and watch the new commercial. In the first inning Bo Jackson makes an amazing catch in the outfield and thenleads off the inning with a huge HR. Talk about great PR! Any doubts about purchasing the shoe were ended by the time the commercial appeared since "BoKnows.." clearly which shoe we needed.

Let hope Nike keeps raising the visible of the trainers in the future!

WallyHopp, Thanks for the info on the goods. i guess i can only keep the hunt alive and hope for the best. What is the deal with those Air zoom tennistrainers? You are thinking of giving them up? To someone in need? Actually can you give me some insight to how they run in size. Are they like the rest and runa half size small? Or are they more true to size? Looking for some of those too. Love zoom air. Love trainers. Best of both worlds. Not sure why i missed outon them in 2008.

wallyhopp is an invaluable contributor to this threa and i for one appreciate his info and insight.

somekid, the trainers were sold to another NTer. He was quick to jump on them and had them at retail. Size wise, they run about true to size.. I can go up afull size and not feel like im swimming in them. definetly true to size.

sinnerp posted that at nike.com, there is a new zoom tennis trainer colorway out there.. might be worth a look

Some newer pickups
29125394056c4c31c5cb600059e95db17c4583f.jpg

used pair to take the strain off of another used pair..

my new set:
a7225ca4616c6c0cc8bbe4db77823592e138894.jpg

My first 2009 atIII purchase. MEDICINE BALLS!
Alittle 2000 vs 2009 comparison... fell details can be seen in nike retro section:
a571504a66c9c2ba7bdd0e8b0d0e8417ccaf25d.jpg

01825e1483605c8dcddb1d6f4770f3f173a3abf.jpg
8023597d413f6969ce4ec87bb8f8fa6f7623013.jpg
72e1524066cbcfb7a641a99703bebcf81cf216c.jpg

What do i think about those tecmo bos? TECMO NOS!!! yuck to the nth degree.

throw in some true colorblocking and you have something special
3d725df40b6ffca0c62b7e89f9f11b1ede875d8.jpg

WallyHopp wrote:

What the frack? Sometimes I don't unterstand what Nike "creative designers" do with the Air Trainer I heritage! There are so manyoutstanding colourways that have to be retroed but instead they'll release this outrageous cw. Why?
eek.gif

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

sinnerp posted that at nike.com, there is a new zoom tennis trainer colorway out there.. might be worth a look
yeah, forgot to post those in here...

Sumbled onto some new pics Wally... ehhh... still too much white... Interesting that they went with a checker-board tongue this time around...
MacTrainerFa09.jpg
MacTrainerFa09_1.jpg
MacTrainerFa09_2.jpg
MacTrainerFa09_3.jpg
MacTrainerFa09_4.jpg
MacTrainerFa09_5.jpg

Originally Posted by elim

WallyHopp wrote:

What the frack? Sometimes I don't unterstand what Nike "creative designers" do with the Air Trainer I heritage! There are so many outstanding colourways that have to be retroed but instead they'll release this outrageous cw. Why?
eek.gif

The reason for the CW is Kansas City Royals. They could've done a better job with blocking (understatement) but the colors are spot on. If the pixelatedside were absent I'd pick them up with the quickness. Mr. Snap-a-bat-over-my-head was a beast on the diamond.

Word Wally about the size info. I actually stumbled on to those white and red zoom trainers and hit the retro thread with them. Thinking about it. But thereare too many retros coming our way. And what SinnerP said is right, super white. Did any one get the Trainer II LE tecmos? If so hit us with some pics. Sometimes the heel part looks really silver and some times it is black (according to the auction site). Like to see what it looks like

missed the 00 michigan's, guess i was taught my lesson for getting drunk the night before... big letdown. tecmo bo's... i don't even know where tostart with that lineup. the varsity red tennis trainer looks very good imo, although the toecap and outrigger could easily be switched up for a much betteroverall cw. i guess i'll just keep my eyes peeled for older at1's, low's, nd sc's for now. did everyone get a chance to see the sneakgeekzvideo of the orange bo's? cw looks much more accurate than it did in some earlier scans.

^
On eBay?
nerd.gif

Thanks with the comparison on the med balls wally. I think i'll just sit and wait til the originals come my way...

Nike isint really the bidness nowadays with these whack releases.

well the good news is that a true GAUGE of the marketplace will take place on that auction site within the next few days.. A FSR has started at below 50% offretail price.. Will some sell at $50-60, or will they all rise to around $110? We shall see.

Some original 2003 med balls just ended on ebay at just $107 bucks.. sad times for trainer fans on the SELLING END.. but its great for buyers.

The most popular trainer on the market right now, the adrian peterson new trainer 1 pe limited edition eastbay shoes..
laugh.gif
Those are terrible in my eyes. Barely worth $90, let alone twice that.

those sz9 michigans are a funny one. THey had a BIN at just $80 and noone took the bait. instead the starting bid of $30 turned into a end bid price of $100..people are weird
laugh.gif
. I told a few guys. im here looking at $200 dollar sz11s and thinking thats a DEAL of a LIFETIME. but with sz9s, even at $80bin no one went at them right away.
eek.gif
shocking

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

well the good news is that a true GAUGE of the marketplace will take place on that auction site within the next few days.. A FSR has started at below 50% off retail price.. Will some sell at $50-60, or will they all rise to around $110? We shall see.

Some original 2003 med balls just ended on ebay at just $107 bucks.. sad times for trainer fans on the SELLING END.. but its great for buyers.

The most popular trainer on the market right now, the adrian peterson new trainer 1 pe limited edition eastbay shoes..
laugh.gif
Those are terrible in my eyes. Barely worth $90, let alone twice that.

those sz9 michigans are a funny one. THey had a BIN at just $80 and noone took the bait. instead the starting bid of $30 turned into a end bid price of $100.. people are weird
laugh.gif
. I told a few guys. im here looking at $200 dollar sz 11s and thinking thats a DEAL of a LIFETIME. but with sz9s, even at $80bin no one went at them right away.
eek.gif
shocking

I KNOW! I was very surprised at where that ended... there appears to be a lot of med's on ebay... maybe I can sit back a bit...
smil3ea6266f6797e.gif

^
Those Sz9 Michigans had a BIN of $80? I may have missed that...

Or maybe im looking at the wrong auction....

I'll be throwing up my Trainer Contribution real soon...
pimp.gif

Michigans and Energy's are Aug pickups...

Sorry for the lag of quality in these pics...

So, Did I make the cut?
nerd.gif

So I was looking over the red Zoom Tennis Trainers at NT. Not bad in person. Tried them on; comfortable. I noticed the inner tongue tag has the Johnny Macsignature. The chloro retros didn't have that did they?

Originally Posted by heelntoe wit my nyks

So I was looking over the red Zoom Tennis Trainers at NT. Not bad in person. Tried them on; comfortable. I noticed the inner tongue tag has the Johnny Mac signature. The chloro retros didn't have that did they?
Hi,
my Air Trainer I chlorophylls from 2008 have the checkered tongue, but don't have the McEnroe signature.
Cheers
elim

Back
Top Bottom