TEAM AIR TRAINER

Lol yeah it was annoying, and he tried to make it out to be like they are all exclusive, but I just stumbled across a cross trainer video. Even though most of us own all or even better stuff than that. Not everyone is humble when it comes to their collection most are just show offs.

Annoying yeah, but i do like looking at Trainers, in fact i could look all day long.

Must've had some fools watching if he and they had no clue about the FTs though.

Damn i should get some....

interesting vid bknowbles. top 10 lists are always super subjective. I can't say mine would be any better. I think my top 10 would be a bit predictable and not very unique. But that's how trainers were during that strong 6 year run in the late 80s-early 90s. Most people know what the top 10 are. To go against that norm, you pretty much have to know very little about trainers or hate basic looking white based colorways. Is it no coincidence that he likes the viotechs, transformers, and mostly all of these other theme type "colored" shoes. The true oddball is the basic FT. That model shouldn't stand out among a top 10 list. But I digress.

Originally Posted by suguruvstotoro

Originally Posted by WallyHopp
2cqzp5d.jpg

Those are simply beautiful.  I had those growing up, and had completely forgotten about them.  Beautiful.  Thanks for the memories.

Modz- Love those orange / grey / white trainers back there.  Beautiful.

Wallyhop- Always love seein your Chlorophyll collection grow.

I posted these elsewhere and Modz suggested I bring it over here:
laugh.gif

.....so thought I'd share.

I found this box when reorganizing some shoes.
The box brought back some memories.  I remembered the shoe pretty vividly, or so I thought, but all I had was the box to go by.

Inside of the box lid:

So, I remembered adoring this pair, and beating them into the absolute ground (hence why there's no evidence of em / just the box
laugh.gif
)

After lookin around for pix a bit........ I found some!!  Funny, I remembered em bein much much doper, but still a great shoe imo.

Anything 'Alpha Project' I have fond memories of.

Originally Posted by Cleveland222

I posted these elsewhere and Modz suggested I bring it over here:
laugh.gif

.....so thought I'd share.

I found this box when reorganizing some shoes.
The box brought back some memories.  I remembered the shoe pretty vividly, or so I thought, but all I had was the box to go by.

Inside of the box lid:

So, I remembered adoring this pair, and beating them into the absolute ground (hence why there's no evidence of em / just the box
laugh.gif
)

After lookin around for pix a bit........ I found some!!  Funny, I remembered em bein much much doper, but still a great shoe imo.

Anything 'Alpha Project' I have fond memories of.

This is definitely their place.
They won't be more respected any other place than here.

BTW. They were as dope as you remember... Really comfy.
Save your money for another pair if you can. You won't regret...

21j8u3r.jpg

9fqyia.jpg

Good Lord!!!

Of course you have those as well.

I would jump all over either that pair of the other pair of yours I quoted, if I ever came across them for sale.

Can't imagine my odds of finding either DS, in an 11-12 are very good.

Where did you find your pairs, if you don't mind me asking?

-Andrew-

laugh.gif
I expected nothing less.
Never seen those Alpha trainers... good stuff.  Almost able to see the evolution of those to the Jordan Trunners... or was it the other way around?

Ha, ha , ha.... Wally, your top ten doesn't admit any doubt or question (hmmm... maybe those "grail status" mesh air trainers...).

Cleveland222, I've been lucky to find some dope shoes like those air cross trainer IIs from 1996 on "that bidding website" (as Waly calls it).
I've been even more lucky since I live outside US (Spain) so that site and this one have given me the opportuniy not only to find great shoes (sometimes for a good price, some others for a "not so one", but that depends on how much you want them) but also great people like Wally, SinnerP, Kapepper (to only mention trainer fans) to talk about our loved trainer line and help me with some international picks.

The only "secret" (if you can name it so) to find those is to be patient and "make a search" everytime you can (remember there's a lot of trainer fans here in EU).
Wish you luck on your "hunt" and sure, count on me if you find them in an European store or I can help you with the language (spanish, french and a lil' bit of german or italian).

Legacy Pack Trainer 1 Promos. Numbered 10 of 18.

dsc1922q.jpg

dsc1923h.jpg

From left to right. McEnroe TR1, Legacy TR1 Promo, Legacy Pack (TR1 and AT1).

dsc1921.jpg

Here's the kicker. The promos have a Chlorophyll lined tongue and are made with the same materials as the GR's. Whereas the Legacy Pack TR1s have a white lined tongue and are made of premium materials. Strange.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Wow... what size are the promos?

So the Legacy's have premium materials?

The promos are 10.5. Oh yeah...Only the Legacy TR1 are quality. Quality enough to be praised by me and probably all who appreciate materials of old. TR1s are same cheap stuff.

Yep. The auction site is just littered with potential deals.

Currently a paul brown SB at1(worn 2-3 times) sits at $50BIN still unsold. I saw a BIN sell at $200 the past few weeks.

I've seen trainer 1 FTs "used" sell for $31+shipping. Truly a bargain. Currently a pair sits at $60 BIN unsold.
I've seen safari AT1s end below $50. and some just go unsold.
I talked with a fellow NTer about looking at older cross trainers and getting into those. The trainer escapes came up as a potential buy. Similar to the prestos. As well as the zoom air Seismic that have some unique colorways on ebay. But I think him and I both figured that it would cut into wearing other shoes.
I've seen the cross trainer shown above on the auction site over the years. Cheap price. Looks like nice quality too... Trainerposites are another shoe that has peaked my interest.

For now Ill just stick with the basics I guess. My one alpha project era shoe, the zoom haven, shall be the only one that I own.
-------------
HnT, the legacy promos have different material vs. the normal legacy? I had the normal legacy set for a couple days. Standard synthetic cheap quality. If the promos were better, thats CRAZY for nike to do that.. Give the big wigs and media members something nice to review and give the normal consumers crap... PERFECT
--------------
Randomly reading through the SC "trainer" issue, I came upon a cut in half dissection of the TR1:
ir50ki.jpg

We are told, it's closer to the ground, it provides more flexibility. All that jazz..

The reality comes to light when you look at a dissection of the kobe VI
http://bbs.hoopchina.com/1011/1729999.html
129095398978673.jpg

Truth is: Both of them are nearly identical in foot to ground clearance. Zoom forefoot wins out over straight foam 100% of the time... Don't believe the "designer" hype..We're told these are lower to the ground than a zoom based shoe that hinders that "low profile" road griping quality, so straight foam is better... But that appears to be a straight lie.  I think we all may be better training in some 99 cross trainer II joints than this latest stuff.

Sorry about the tail end of my last comment. I meant the AT1 are the same cheap crap.

Wally, this is interesting. My non-promo chlorophyll TR1 is NICE. Nubuck is smooth to the touch and quality black leather..

The promos are made of the GR junk. Which is to say, the AT1 and the promo TR1 are made of the same materials.

I wonder what's going on with the nice pair?

suguruvstotoro:  Thanks so much for the advice.  It is greatly greatly appreciated!  I will definitely be keeping my eye out for those FT's and the Alpha's.  I would love to have either of those pairs back in my life.  They bring back some great memories of having them when I was younger.  If anyone spots them in an 11-12 please keep me in mind!  I really only have a few "modern" trainers at the moment, but I'll  go ahead and share them shortly.  I pretty much have stuck to the AM FAM thread for awhile now because of all the negativity and childishness that plagues most of the forums and threads, but this thread seems to be the exception to the rule as well.  Thanks again all!  I'll definitely be checking in more regularly from here on out.

-Andrew-

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Randomly reading through the SC "trainer" issue, I came upon a cut in half dissection of the TR1:
ir50ki.jpg

Any ideas about those 2 "bubbles" in forefoot foam...?

SinnerP: I'm diggin that top pair. They kill those obnoxious 112 pair.
Lookin forward to those coming out. They'll make up for a black / volt pair of 2010 AM's I missed out on.

NDC has a few other colorways that are out of stock. I'm really liking the basic nature of them. Sure beats the 6 colorways currently on eastbay for $140. These all seem quite late to the party. but better late than never.

Here's a consolidated look at HOLIDAY 2011: Nike Training genre
-I only chose the key models. There are many other lower tiered
991cw5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom