TEAM AM FAM SINCE 2006

higuy, arbys2k and lemon- thanks fellas! i think ill do some online research and maybe head to the library. looking through the photography thread really gives me motivation. some talented people in there and of course you guys always take some great sneaker photos :pimp:

Damn you Wei...you and Dave (Lemon) make me want to quit. Buying all the good 10.5-11s. :x

Jayson- I was told that by the guy who taught the class I took on photography, also I am in the market for a new camera body and a lot of the reviews say the same type of thing.

Rich- No prob my man, definitely grab a book or check out you tube videos like Arvin/Jayson suggested, when I bought my first Nikon, they gave classes for free with purchase so I took advantage.

Airkeung- awesome pick up on those HUA's

Arvin- lol you crack me up sometimes, but I will take that as a compliment
smokin.gif
 you were the one who told me I needed the big bubbles any way haha!

Great pickup on the MLB Am1. Cant believe you have two pairs.

Someone was selling another pair of 12s a while back for a decent price. Still feel like I should have grabbed them.

Congrats higuy!!!

Congrats kev on the baby!!!

Rich - oooo solid pick up

Tak - that white on a all black leather pair is nice meng!

airkeung - thats a clean pair!

lemon - $53 is a friggin steal! wish i could get that lucky man.

Geces- haha yea couldnt pass them up for that much, I actually bid a bit higher than that even, but that is where they ended. they are very very clean too, very happy with them, i love your avatar btw lol KU-ma-TE!

lemon - they are both sz 14. these were released at NTSF in pretty limited numbers so it crazy i landed two sz 14s. i wonder how these made it all the way to the UK?

dang those SF AM1 id's are too clean...

this page needs some color lol
heres some before and after pics i did a LONG time ago on my HOA's. idk if any of you guys remember this...

Hey folks, guess what? In what seems like a record month, we've got another new member!

Everybody, please welcome higuy to the Air Max Family!

Congrats Jayson!

Welcome to THE FAM Jayson!!!!!!

And congrats to Rich on the new DSLR: I ventured that way myself a year or two back and still haven't a clue what I'm doing. Mess around, take a class, read and search. I was super into film and had no idea how different these would be. Best of luck!

Insane weather here, but none worthy of AM's. We went from 62 and rainy to 17 with snow and crazy wind in 24 hours. Cleveland is nuts.
Be well all!

-Andrew-

tak - clean 90's!

sprigan - good job on those ID's!

david - again with the pickup! nice mass on those 95's! nice HOA 97!

arvin - spiridons!

wei - great pickup on the HUA's!

rich - i see doubles! very nice!

these today:

thats a great girlfriend Rich haha, Like Msgt said, the lens is where its at. I use a 50m f1.8d for my shoe shots, super crisp lens, not to expensive either. The canon's are great for beginners and users who just want great shots with out going in to adjust setting etc, the nikons are more for advanced users. as lame as it sounds, i took one of those camera classes at my local camera store after i bought the camera and boy was that a big help. Just a suggestion, either way those shots were good!

AM$- those look very good, release info?

Errr...whaaaa???

Thanks Friends & FAM........

Hope ya'll have Super Duper- Super Bowl Weekend. May the Winners "WIN" and the Losers "LOSE"

Lemon - that's not a very accurate statement. Nikon and Canon (and Pentax, and others) all make cameras for different types of users, and both make cameras that top-level professionals use. To say Canon is for beginners and Nikon is for pros is just not true. Nikon makes "beginner" cameras too. Most DSLR's can also be set to auto to where all you have to adjust is your aperture, let the thing auto focus, and snap away. It doesn't get much easier than that, and even the highest end Nikon can do it. Also, taking a course to learn about a hobby you're interested is not lame at all.

Besides, if you guys were really 'bout it 'bout it, you'd get a nice Hasselblad and try shooting without any automation or auto focus on some medium format film. :D

Last edited:
Yea I see what you guys are saying, I was going off what the guy in the camera class was saying, but it makes more sense now as they were heavier on nikon products. Either way both cameras are good, I've used both and the pics were great. I mainly use auto mode anyway lol

I'm a dummy when it comes to cameras. I have an older DSLR that was my father-in-law's. He's into photography; I'm not. So, he sort of donated this one to us when he got his next toy.

If this was a rom com, my wife would have known everything about photography and nothing about sneakers, and we would have fell in love with the other hobby while falling in love with one another.

But, life isn't a rom com, so she only knows a bit more than I do about this camera and she yells at me all the time about how the "the old lady who lives in a shoe" was probably really an apocryphal tale of her life! Vince Vaughn and Drew Barrymore could still make it work though, I think.

Good stuff everyone!!

Rich- Awesome pickup on those Escape Hua LE's, And 1's!

Aneks- Awesome teals! Lovin that air unit flex!!

Tak- Awesome wears on the 90's Mike!

AM$- Awesome work with the reviews! I've seen your whole collection on SC. You have some hidden gems!!

Lemon- Awesome pickups!! I wouldn't miss out on that deal if I had the chance! $53 for 03 neon 95. I would!!

Arbys2k- Very clean 05 Royal Spiridons Arvin!!

Wei- Awesome pickups on the Michigan LE's and OG structures!! My goodness more unwearable goodies!!

Msgt16- Those are some clean Atmos 1's!

Good weather today finally..

Last edited:
BIP : mad props for using the word apocryphal correctly

Cameras suck. Crappy phone pics rule. The end.

It's always been my mission to have the best shoes and the worst pictures of them, witness this Instagram monstrosity on my HoA beaters :

Tahl... Mike will give you a run for your money for worst pics. Dont challenge him.

Back
Top Bottom