====(Team LUNARlite) == (GRAVITY is our ENEMY!)====

Thanks Ray & the assassin23. My girl is running the 13 mile marathon in June @ San Diego... She's gone through 3 lunartrainers already. I wish they were on iD still. And those are my favorite LunarFlys too! Regret passin on those.

Just found this thread - I've been running since 2006, and in lunars for the past year and a half.

Lunarglide - black/orange
Run Avant - Grey/grey
Lunarswift - white/blue/black

Ray - not sure about your full race pace, but looks like you're right around my pace. I ran 3:35:10 at SFM in 2008 and have been trying to get back up to marathon distance since then (I've had 2 more kids in the meantime and family time > running time).

I was running in Structure 10's back in 2008, then Spans, then switched my gait from heel-landing to midfoot-landing, and bought the Lunarglides to make it happen. The transition HURT for a couple weeks, but the 'glides were forgiving and I haven't gone back. However, I bought the Avants and the Swifts together, and the Swifts are so stiff for my foot structure that I get blisters almost every time I run over 3 miles. The Avants are awesome and in my opinion are the best lunars available. I plan on collecting more Avants, but since the Flys came out to replace them, and they're much more readily available, I may settle.

Does anyone have a runner's comparison of differences between Avants and Flys (1st or second gen)?

Hope to see Ray at SFM maybe next year (or CIM this year?) and possibly beat my 3:30 goal!

Tim

Lunar pickups this week. All set for summer.

Livestrong Lunarfly 2 are fav of the bunch. A 2nd pair of those and a pair of black/metallic silver lunarglide 2's aren't picture as both were thrown immediately into rotation.

213gl4w.jpg

14tslfc.jpg

fkqjp1.jpg

27yso3k.jpg

Originally Posted by phreakposite

Just found this thread - I've been running since 2006, and in lunars for the past year and a half.

Lunarglide - black/orange
Run Avant - Grey/grey
Lunarswift - white/blue/black

Ray - not sure about your full race pace, but looks like you're right around my pace. I ran 3:35:10 at SFM in 2008 and have been trying to get back up to marathon distance since then (I've had 2 more kids in the meantime and family time > running time).

I was running in Structure 10's back in 2008, then Spans, then switched my gait from heel-landing to midfoot-landing, and bought the Lunarglides to make it happen. The transition HURT for a couple weeks, but the 'glides were forgiving and I haven't gone back. However, I bought the Avants and the Swifts together, and the Swifts are so stiff for my foot structure that I get blisters almost every time I run over 3 miles. The Avants are awesome and in my opinion are the best lunars available. I plan on collecting more Avants, but since the Flys came out to replace them, and they're much more readily available, I may settle.

Does anyone have a runner's comparison of differences between Avants and Flys (1st or second gen)?

Hope to see Ray at SFM maybe next year (or CIM this year?) and possibly beat my 3:30 goal!

Tim
DOPE! Another runner to visit this thread! We run about the same pace. I ran SFM last year (my first race ever) and finished at 3:30, and I actually wore the Swifts for race day. I couldn't be more satisfied with my results!
happy.gif

After having a DISAPPOINTING performance at CIM last December (3:41), I may give it another go. I had hopes for a sub 3:20 finish too
frown.gif
. I did so many things wrong that race day, which I should've experienced during my first. I went out too fast hitting the 1/2 way mark at ~97 min, and only consumed 2-3 gel packs
30t6p3b.gif
. I hit the wall @ M20ish right on the Bridge leading to Sac State. Contrastingly, with SFM, I kept it pretty consistent through M20, then tuned it up a bit. I remember consuming six gel packs that day too. Lesson learned... the hard way. 

Currently, I'm running ~20MPW with a primary rotation of Free Runs and LunarTrainers to warm me up for the Disney 1/2 (my third race and first 1/2) in September. I'm aiming for a sub-95 finish. Are you running any other races, Tim? 

Originally Posted by ILLustRAYt

DOPE! Another runner to visit this thread! We run about the same pace. I ran SFM last year (my first race ever) and finished at 3:30, and I actually wore the Swifts for race day. I couldn't be more satisfied with my results!
happy.gif

After having a DISAPPOINTING performance at CIM last December (3:41), I may give it another go. I had hopes for a sub 3:20 finish too
frown.gif
. I did so many things wrong that race day, which I should've experienced during my first. I went out too fast hitting the 1/2 way mark at ~97 min, and only consumed 2-3 gel packs
30t6p3b.gif
. I hit the wall @ M20ish right on the Bridge leading to Sac State. Contrastingly, with SFM, I kept it pretty consistent through M20, then tuned it up a bit. I remember consuming six gel packs that day too. Lesson learned... the hard way. 

Currently, I'm running ~20MPW with a primary rotation of Free Runs and LunarTrainers to warm me up for the Disney 1/2 (my third race and first 1/2) in September. I'm aiming for a sub-95 finish. Are you running any other races, Tim? 

I'd like to run CIM this year, but it's tough to get even three runs in a week right now, let alone any long runs.  I've been sticking to several local 5k's, and might get a 10k in later this summer.  SFM has been my only full race so far, but I'd love to break that 3:30.  CIM might be my best chance to do it.  Pacing strategy aside, how were the hills on CIM compared to SFM?

I dig. CIM is known to qualify runners for a ticket to Boston, so it's definitely FAST! There are a lot of downhill stretches, which I, now, see are a GIFT/CURSE of the course.

Other than the hills, the scernary of CIM is nowhere near SFM's. The majority of CIM's scenary is basically rural neighborhood, farmland, TREES, TREES and TREES.

Originally Posted by Control Are

New pics via EUkicks. Definitely picking up this cw 
pimp.gif

11026_Nike_LunarGlide_Mens_hr.jpg

Nike-Lunarglide+-3-edit.jpg

Nike-Lunarglide+-3.jpg

Nike-Lunarglide+-3-2-edit.jpg

Nike-Lunarglide+-3-1.jpg

11026__Nike_LunarGlide_Mens_Details_112_hr.jpg

11026__Nike_LunarGlide_Mens_Details_163_lr.jpg

11026__Nike_LunarGlide_Mens_Details_185_hr.jpg

11026__Nike_LunarGlide_Mens_Details_196_hr.jpg

11026_Nike_LunarGlide_Mens_Details_lr.jpg

FORWARD->

This cw has me SOLD! LG3s definitely has elements of the Eclipse in its construction.
pimp.gif
 Looks like my Lunar purchasing hiatus will end soon... FR2s'll keep me busy 'til then. 

^^coincidence,

i found my dad the same pair at the Nike clearance store. he wears em damn near everyday now. haha

theyve been there for a awhile now. i copped at $60/70 not sure

they even had the grey/neon/purple Eclipse

Hey Lunar guys,
Never owned a pair before, but have started to gain some interest in them.  Are any of the Lunar models water resistant?  I know they all have mesh, and aren't made to be that way, but if I am out in the rain, is there a model that will keep my feet dryer than the others?  Besides the Lunar Wood because I can't find that anywhere now.  Hope you can help this Lunar virgin out!

Mike

Back
Top Bottom