Team Metal Heads thread : Keep metal alive join the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you got to see them johnstaysfresh. For the 35 minutes I saw them it was awesome but not enough and they played a lot of the newer songs. By the way Ialso went with an uncle that got me into metal and he saw them that same year. He's gotten to see pretty much every legendary metal group around. He wasalso telling me about that clash of the titans tour in the early 90's. The first metal group I ever listened to was Metallica and after that I was hooked. By the way give us some details on municipal waste. I wonder if they play better live.

Originally Posted by BCF06

Glad you got to see them johnstaysfresh. For the 35 minutes I saw them it was awesome but not enough and they played a lot of the newer songs. By the way I also went with an uncle that got me into metal and he saw them that same year. He's gotten to see pretty much every legendary metal group around. He was also telling me about that clash of the titans tour in the early 90's. The first metal group I ever listened to was Metallica and after that I was hooked. By the way give us some details on municipal waste. I wonder if they play better live.

So just got back from municipal waste and it was fcking insaneeeeeeeee!!! It was in this tiny bar here and trust me when i say it was a mosh pit from the frontdoor to the stage. Buckethead was playing a show a few blocks down and the guitar player made fun of him all night with a metal bucket on his head it washilarious lol. They seriously lived up to any and all hype surrounding them and sounded 50x faster and heavier then their recordings. They co headlined withthe casualties (who put on a suprisingly awesome show as well) so the crowd was a mix of thrashers and hardcore punk kids and as soon as waste went on alldifferences in genre dissappeared and everyone was just moshing and crowd surfing their #%+%# off. Dave taunted the crowd for not stage diving off the bartable of the venue so you know everyone was flying off that thing the next minute lol. Some guy came dressed in a shark costume and another guy brought aboogey board just complete insanity. If you have a chance to see these guys please do you wont regret it!

^^nice

small venues always equal great shows

anywho, just keeping this **** alive

my brother accidentally took my ipod so i used his. hes a younger guy, so the musical differences are quite vast. we enjoy only some of the same stuff, but heespecially loves his metalcore among other stuff i dont listen too. not too horrible, but not really my preference. actually, i hardly listen to it.

so

cannibal corpse
killswitch
in flames
all that remains
hatebreed
lamb of god
american head charge

ehhh. not my thing. at least he had some megadeth.

Good lord. Ive been a ghost in here for the past few weeks. I dont have wireless internet at home anymore so its like im living in the dark ages. SMH.
Glad to see some of you guys keeping it going though!!!

Anyways,

Haste The Day (I like the new CD)
Stratovarious
Iron Maiden
Iced Earth
Circus Maximus
Hammerfall

I'm the same. Every now and then I'll listen to it but its mostly old school heavy metal for me. I think the thing that gets me is the yelling. It's weird because these groups have some awesome drummers and guitarist its just the singers. Nothing against it because some do a good job at it butafter a while it bothers me. In my opinion anybody can sing like that if you just deepen up the voice. But its all good like I said I jam out to it ever nowand then. By the way you can never go wrong with Megadeth. As for small venues they are great. I saw king diamond in a small venue and its insane butsomeone like him should be playing major stadiums but hes not well known yet from the young people. As for that municipal waste concert you werent lyingjohnstaysfresh. I checked out some footage and man they can play live. Now they need to come to my town so I can check them out.

I was wondering where you were at Rust.

Rainbow- Stargazer
Bruce Dickinson- Tattooed Millionaire
Type O Negative- The profit of Doom

Yea its been real rough not having the net. But I cant really afford to purchase a wireless router right now.

Dio
As Blood Runs Black
The Roots (not metal but im going to see them tonight lol)

It's all good man. As for you going to see The Roots, enjoy it. I also listen to stuff way aside from metal so long as its good to your ears then jammout to it.

Accept- Metal Heart
Heart- Dreamboat Annie

Man the Roots was amazing. They're a great live band. I almost pooped my pants when they did a jam sesh and they covered Sweet Child Of Mine by GnR, thenthey go into Bad To The Bone by George Thorogood. It was the highlight of the night forsure.

BCF-- HearT?!?!?! Isnt that a two sisters 80's band that sang love ballads? lol.

Iron Maiden
Dimmu Borgir
Children Of Bodom

Hell yeah rust but I mean early heart before they started to get a hell of a lot softer. They had an awesome guitarist. If you ever get a chance jam outto their first two albums Deamboat Annie and Little Queen. Everthing else is garbage.

^^lol. I know nothing of the band except that there is one chick who I used to work with that blasted their music on a daily basis. That and Journey. Its allgood though. hahaha.

Haste The Day
Led Zeppelin
Necrophagist

Wolves in the Throne Room and Nachmystium in anticipation of the show.
Septic Flesh
Municipal Waste
Slayer

just saw Amon Amarth last night on the Twilight of the thunder gods tour. It was a pretty good time Ensiferium stole the show for me they put on a great showdressed totally like viking warriors.

Listening to
Ghoul-Splatterthrash
Cancer-Death shall rise
Massacre-From beyond
Metallica-Ride the lighening
Sepultura-Beneath the remains

what do you guys think of Underoath??ive been looking for some "new" bands that I can listen to minus the "emo" influence and all the crapthat goes along with all these new bands nowadays ....any suggestions??

Originally Posted by hole in the earth

what do you guys think of Underoath??ive been looking for some "new" bands that I can listen to minus the "emo" influence and all the crap that goes along with all these new bands nowadays ....any suggestions??

then steer clear from underoath then they're the most emo influenced band you can find lol. Unless your into really whiny metal i guess check it out butmight i suggest their old cd's though which are much better.

now if your looking for some "new " metal minus all the *#++!%$+ check out

Skeletonwitch
Warbringer
Toxic Holocaust
Municipal Waste
Fueled by fire

lmk if you want more i can shoot you a list

Wolves in the Throne Room KILLED last night. Nachmystium was all right too, but I was at the bar talking to the Wolves guys for most of their set. THey didplay a CG Alin song, "I Kill Everyone" that was great.

Even the openers were all right. Great show.

It's good to hear someone else knows about GG Allin. A lot of my friends didn't know anything about him until I told them.

the only thing I listen to is five finger death punch and I don't know if that's considered metal :/. love their album though.

Damn school has been crazy but metal helps a bit.

Judas Priest- Sin After Sin
King Diamond- Fatal Portrait
Iron Maiden- Piece of Mind
Metallica- Garage Days

Back
Top Bottom