Team Metal Heads thread : Keep metal alive join the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never been a fan of the Dead Kennedys or punk for that matter but since your into it you might also want to try The Sex Pistols if you don't already knowabout them. As for the shirt thing. I sat next to this dude in one of my classes who had an Iron Maiden shirt and I asked him what his favoritealbum was and he told me The Trooper. I first
laugh.gif
then I had to give him one of these
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by iTalk

Any Trivium fans on here?

Trivium....one of the metal bands you're just supposed to like.
The modern Metallica?
laugh.gif

not quite....but the latest album IS not bad. Not 80 talica. but a step up from modern metal.

Machine Head is on rotation lately.... The Blackening >/= Master of Puppets? No, but I love it!!!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BCF06

Never been a fan of the Dead Kennedys or punk for that matter but since your into it you might also want to try The Sex Pistols if you don't already know about them. As for the shirt thing. I sat next to this dude in one of my classes who had an Iron Maiden shirt and I asked him what his favorite album was and he told me The Trooper. I first
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

roll.gif

I literally would have walked out of class in disgust. Or atleast moved to the opposite side of the room.
Good to see some posts in this thing! BTW I used to rock to Trivium hard about 4 years ago. Hows the newer stuff?

Today:
Grateful Dead (not metal I know but I saw it mentioned and I listened to American Beauty. One of the greatest albums of all time
pimp.gif
)
Black Sabbath
Haste The Day
As Blood Runs Black

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

Never been a fan of the Dead Kennedys or punk for that matter but since your into it you might also want to try The Sex Pistols if you don't already know about them. As for the shirt thing. I sat next to this dude in one of my classes who had an Iron Maiden shirt and I asked him what his favorite album was and he told me The Trooper. I first
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

roll.gif

I literally would have walked out of class in disgust. Or atleast moved to the opposite side of the room.
Good to see some posts in this thing! BTW I used to rock to Trivium hard about 4 years ago. Hows the newer stuff?

Today:
Grateful Dead (not metal I know but I saw it mentioned and I listened to American Beauty. One of the greatest albums of all time
pimp.gif
)
Black Sabbath
Haste The Day
As Blood Runs Black
As much as I wanted to put this kid on blast the professor had already walked in but your right I should have moved to the opposite side of theroom. Anyway I never jammed out to trivium a couple of my friends told me they sucked but of course they are stuck on 80's metal so if anybody suggeststheir best album I'm all ears.

Jammed out to:

Triumph
Journey (I know its not metal but I was in a mellow mood today)
Rainbow
Megadeth (Waiting for their new album to come out)

trivium...hmmm

never really gave them a chance. of course, i heard they sucked from ALOT of people. i could care less what they say though.

i heard heafy stopped screaming? if so, good. his harsh vocals sucked.

modern day metallica? nahhh i dont think so. you saw that issue of guitar world, didnt you brett lol.

speaking of maiden apparel, i want a live after death shirt. word to bcf's avy. i found a hoody but i wasnt feeling 'live after death' runningdown the sleeve.

Did you get to see them Physicx in concert. That is where I got mine from. The plus is they have all the dates on the back but go to your local record shopsor try ebay. I've been trying to get that Metallica Metal Up your *** shirt. But I can't find it anywhere except ebay. By the way speaking of metalgroup apparel does anybody else get funny looks from people when you wear them. I feel like sometimes I get looked down on at times or get different treatmentfrom people. The reason I know is because I don't always wear metal shirts but when I do people look at me differently. My uncle loves to wear his Venomshirt because some people cringe when they see it.

Thanks for the website dude gotta wait till I get paid now. But I've always liked it. Its a classic.

Did you get to see them Physicx in concert. That is where I got mine from. The plus is they have all the dates on the back but go to your local record shops or try ebay. I've been trying to get that Metallica Metal Up your *** shirt. But I can't find it anywhere except ebay. By the way speaking of metal group apparel does anybody else get funny looks from people when you wear them. I feel like sometimes I get looked down on at times or get different treatment from people. The reason I know is because I don't always wear metal shirts but when I do people look at me differently. My uncle loves to wear his Venom shirt because some people cringe when they see it.
lol what shirts are you wearing?

my shirts arent necessarily over the top. nonetheless, yeah, i get a couple stares because some blatantly promote death metal. i hate it when peoplestereotype. so what, im asian in a band shirt. is that the specific way im supposed to dress? like, *** you,seriously. not all of us ascribe to that pseudo-satanic stuff. btw, your uncle is
laugh.gif
and
pimp.gif
. he sounds awesome.

anywho, no i didnt get to see maiden when they came. i was busy. you know who came just 1 week before? RUSH! i missed that one too. i was on a family vacation.it took me awhile to get over that.

just wanted to contribute , team metal head FTW
pimp.gif

-metallica
-megadeth
-anthrax
-pantera
-avenged sevenfold
-slipknot
-black sabbath
-system of a down
-deftones
-motorhead
-in flames
-all that remains
-korn
-diamond head
-killswitch engage
-NIN
-meshuggah
-RATM

sorry if it's too many , was just looking through my zune and saw all the great names , thought i should post . trivium is overrated IMO .

Originally Posted by joshyy1834

just wanted to contribute , team metal head FTW
pimp.gif

-metallica
-megadeth
-anthrax
-pantera
-avenged sevenfold
-slipknot
-black sabbath
-system of a down
-deftones
-motorhead
-in flames
-all that remains
-korn
-diamond head
-killswitch engage
-NIN
-meshuggah
-RATM

sorry if it's too many , was just looking through my zune and saw all the great names , thought i should post . trivium is overrated IMO .

Good list there. Go head and throw up the sig. The more the better.

would be glad too , and BCF06 , your uncle sound's great ! and you can always go to the metallica website and get that shirt if anything too . most of theshirts there are about $20 to $30 if i remember correctly .

Yeah my uncle has pretty much seen and heard it all. He's the one that has pretty much schooled me about metal and its history. He could probably write abook. But anyway its good to have you and if you discover any good groups we are all ears.

^I absolutely love Volume IV: Hangover Music, but you can't really go wrong.

Today:

Genghis Tron
Municipal Waste (joshyy1834 this is a great thrash band)
Slayer
Sea of Treachery
Electric Wizard
Isis
Neurosis
Originally Posted by ReliantJ

I saw a hot +** scene girl wearing a "Dead Kennedys" Tee on campus
I'm hoping you guys know their best stuff and can reccomend... ice breaker
smile.gif
please?
Did this girl end up knowing any DK stuff, or was she just flossing her new Hot Topic pickup?

Yo Joshyy, not hating on the sig but I got my sig taken away for using mobile emoticons. But I got it back after a week or two, just a heads up.

Did you get to see them Physicx in concert. That is where I got mine from. The plus is they have all the dates on the back but go to your local record shops or try ebay. I've been trying to get that Metallica Metal Up your *** shirt. But I can't find it anywhere except ebay. By the way speaking of metal group apparel does anybody else get funny looks from people when you wear them. I feel like sometimes I get looked down on at times or get different treatment from people. The reason I know is because I don't always wear metal shirts but when I do people look at me differently. My uncle loves to wear his Venom shirt because some people cringe when they see it.

Haha, I get the look everyonce in a while. Only when I wear a couple of my more "agressivc" metal shirts. WhiteChapel shirts always get an extralook. But most of my maiden shirts never get a second glance. Its when I used to wear my metal shirts to casual fridays at work was when I would get the mostlooks haha. And ive never been the biggest metallica fan but that shirt is pretty awesome.
laugh.gif

Today:
A Day To Remember
Before Today
Early Times
Iron Maiden
Death

Damn Rust if I ever wore any of my shirts for casual friday at work I'd be fired. Not because their bad but to them it is unappropriate and I work for theeducation system. Maiden shirts never got much looks the only one was The Number of the Beast one. It was mainly my Mercyful Fate ones (Dont Breakthe Oath Album cover shirt and 9 album cover shirt) but I've never really wore anything too much to grab much attention but people are weird likethat. By the way those White Chapel shirts are awesome. Anyway as for Metallica they've been a rollercoaster for their whole career. But I got love forthem because they were the first metal group I had ever heard when I was a small kid around 3 or 4. My uncle would call me to his room and blast on One fromAnd justice for all and I would headbang to it. As for joshyy1834 a couple of groups that I could think of right now would be

Death
Testament
Exodus
Warbringer
Evile
early Metal Church
Municipal Waste (short songs but awesome thrash)
Nuclear Assault
Overkill

There is plenty more but thats all I can think of right now I'm sure when Johnstaysfresh pops up he'll give you a long good list of them.. Otherobvious choices of course (early Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, Megadeth)

Thank's for the heads up RUST , changing it asap . And BCF thanks for the suggestions , im downloading as i type !
happy.gif

Also , i am with you on that metallica comment , they had some disappointing times but i cant turn my back on them , listened to them since i was in elementaryschool , only 6 year old with a " Ride the lighting " shirt .

today for me :

Metallica -
Alice in chains
Megadeth
Iron maiden
All that remains
Slayer

heres a couple videos from last wednesdays free Pig Destoryer/Trash Talk show out here in LA.

oh and for my LA folks, Morbid Angel in May @ the Key Club
pimp.gif

TRASH TALK FTW! I've been bumping as blood runs black, Protest the hero, Bane, and some crossover bands
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom