Team Metal Heads thread : Keep metal alive join the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nthat.gif

Came out a lot better than I expected. They've gone from another breakdown band to a band on the fence of 3 genres.
Rock and Roll, Metalcore, and good old riff metal.

Think some of you older heads might like a few songs off here. Check "Break Down the Walls" (not much screams and growls that you can't understand) and "Creature".

Last edited:
Saturday 14 September 2013
Worm Ouroboros, Lycus Oakland Metro
Oakland, San Francisco CA,

Sunday 15 September 2013
Worm Ouroboros, Helen Money Echoplex
Los Angeles,

Monday 16 September 2013
Worm Ouroboros, Bloodmoon SLO Brewing Company
San Luis Obispo CA,

Tuesday 17 September 2013
Worm Ouroboros, Gloam The Catalyst
Santa Cruz, CA, San Jose,
United States

October 12th at the Star Theater in Portland,OR

:smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

with AA i did notice a while back that they changed genres which can be good or bad. they might lose fans who still are sticking to crabcore or crapcore but gain some of it back from the classic metal heads who know them for being in crapcore. It'll take a while but their make it back, to whichever scene they want to do

put it this way, they used to tour with We Came As Romans, Attack Attack! (disbanded now), Abandon All ships and Of Mice And Men for example and now it looks like their trying to tour with Killswitch, Avenged Sevenfold and Darkest Hour

with AA i did notice a while back that they changed genres which can be good or bad. they might lose fans who still are sticking to crabcore or crapcore but gain some of it back from the classic metal heads who know them for being in crapcore. It'll take a while but their make it back, to whichever scene they want to do

put it this way, they used to tour with We Came As Romans, Attack Attack! (disbanded now), Abandon All ships and Of Mice And Men for example and now it looks like their trying to tour with Killswitch, Avenged Sevenfold and Darkest Hour

Personally I loved Stand Up and Scream (their first album), and have liked their different approaches to try to find a more accurate way of depicting the music they want to make. They're getting much closer, I just wish there was more breakdowns.. It's what made seeing them live so much damn fun.

I'm a huge breakdown fan and always have been, but I still have an appreciation for the different types of metal and the music behind a lot of older styles. Everyone has their opinion, but to me things don't need to be complicated or very intricate to be musically entertaining. Emmure live was one of my favorite shows, and half their tabs are open deathchords. :smokin

And by the way, AA is set to play here in Sacramento sometime in September on the same day as A7x's headline. It's a 2 day event, with A7x, AA, and ADTR being some of my favorites on day two. Aftershock Festival if you wanna look it up.

Personally I loved Stand Up and Scream (their first album), and have liked their different approaches to try to find a more accurate way of depicting the music they want to make. They're getting much closer, I just wish there was more breakdowns.. It's what made seeing them live so much damn fun.

I'm a huge breakdown fan and always have been, but I still have an appreciation for the different types of metal and the music behind a lot of older styles. Everyone has their opinion, but to me things don't need to be complicated or very intricate to be musically entertaining. Emmure live was one of my favorite shows, and half their tabs are open deathchords.
smokin.gif

And by the way, AA is set to play here in Sacramento sometime in September on the same day as A7x's headline. It's a 2 day event, with A7x, AA, and ADTR being some of my favorites on day two. Aftershock Festival if you wanna look it up.
you put the
smokin.gif
up but I'll put the
laugh.gif
up for those bolded. that's your thing bro I'm not hating, not saying I hate all breakdowns, but breakdowns that are generic with no skill involved will just leave me disappointed. Born of Osiris has a lot of technical breakdowns and with Djent rising in popularity I'm getting more into that technicality that's being more appreciated while still holding onto the frames of metal that the new generations are making. plus I'll see the **** out The Devil Wears Prada because their more than just breakdowns even though they have the symptoms of being in the same class as AA or Romans but I believe their the best out there lyrically and musical structure wise.

That's what get me musically entertained.

I always came out with this, my personal theory on music. You want to learn to play football so obviously you learn from the best to see what you can accomplish, whether watching NFL or learning from your dad, he's the best in your eyes. as you grow you learn their are better, faster stronger people out there to push yourself into reaching your limit. Once you reach college level ball and what not, why would you listen to your dad for advice on getting better or go on studying a peewee game?

I love and appreciated the forefathers (Iron Maiden, Dio etc) but then I found those who are faster better stronger (Motorhead) and even then but in the 70's they would play their double bass songs last because the drummer would run outta energy. now seeing NFL status bands (fleshgod, Slayer[in my book still], Decapitated and Machine Head) I'm not going back to semi pro or peewee metal(AA, Romans, A7x etc)

and I did see the lineup for that show but I'm, not gonna waste money for that
laugh.gif

also with their tabs being open chords I hate that because that means i can do that and the only difference is that their signed, I remember reading a wiki on some band, probably AA or Attack Attack where a member left then their close friend decided to join the band as rhythm WITHOUT HAVING ANY PRIOR KNOWLEDGE OF PLAYING GUITAR. I was done after that
roll.gif

but they all serve a purpose in the genre. Nickelback has a purpose somewhere just as A7x, The killers, and Cannibal Corpse. those who listen to Cannibal can surely listen/understand those who listen to A7x or Nickelback, but I can't say those who listen to Nickelback can understand or apppreciate those above them

you put the :smokin up but I'll put the :lol: up for those bolded. that's your thing bro I'm not hating, not saying I hate all breakdowns, but breakdowns that are generic with no skill involved will just leave me disappointed. Born of Osiris has a lot of technical breakdowns and with Djent rising in popularity I'm getting more into that technicality that's being more appreciated while still holding onto the frames of metal that the new generations are making. plus I'll see the **** out The Devil Wears Prada because their more than just breakdowns even though they have the symptoms of being in the same class as AA or Romans but I believe their the best out there lyrically and musical structure wise.

That's what get me musically entertained.

I always came out with this, my personal theory on music. You want to learn to play football so obviously you learn from the best to see what you can accomplish, whether watching NFL or learning from your dad, he's the best in your eyes. as you grow you learn their are better, faster stronger people out there to push yourself into reaching your limit. Once you reach college level ball and what not, why would you listen to your dad for advice on getting better or go on studying a peewee game?

I love and appreciated the forefathers (Iron Maiden, Dio etc) but then I found those who are faster better stronger (Motorhead) and even then but in the 70's they would play their double bass songs last because the drummer would run outta energy. now seeing NFL status bands (fleshgod, Slayer[in my book still], Decapitated and Machine Head) I'm not going back to semi pro or peewee metal(AA, Romans, A7x etc)

and I did see the lineup for that show but I'm, not gonna waste money for that:lol:

also with their tabs being open chords I hate that because that means i can do that and the only difference is that their signed, I remember reading a wiki on some band, probably AA or Attack Attack where a member left then their close friend decided to join the band as rhythm WITHOUT HAVING ANY PRIOR KNOWLEDGE OF PLAYING GUITAR. I was done after that:rofl:

I see what you're saying, and while it is true I do like to jump all spectrums.

It's like this-

A $7 In-N-Out Burger isn't going to taste as good as a $20 gourmet burger from Gordon Ramsay's restaurant.. but does that mean that the $7 burger doesn't taste good at all? Nah. It just doesn't have all the works and extra tidbits. Sometimes I feel myself craving a $20 burger, but sometimes in life it's just the simple $7 burger that you need in front of you in order to enjoy a good burger.

I enjoy music that makes me feel. I find that breakdowns make me feel like I need to get up and hit somebody, and melodic 5 minute solos in Born of Osiris' songs are a bit too much for me to really get a feeling to come over me. I do play guitar so remember I do appreciate and jaw-drop at the solos played, but when it comes to my heavier music I like to appreciate almost all of it.

Except PTV, BVB, Attack Attack!, and Sleeping with Sirens. :x

In-N-Out is decent in my book anyway lol. I agree you bro but who's PTV? It might be a simple band but I got a mental block on bands right now, You lost me the other is Black Veil Brides which indeed are horrific

My lil bro likes some of these bands but knows when to like and when to troll if they see them. He'll HXC dance to all these bands but I know when he's troll dancing to sleeping with sirens or serious dancing to Romans. He said I should've went to Warped tour just for entertainment (watching him or dumb people go at it). Last year's Mayhem AA played and in the crowd I told my Brother "if I hear 1 breakdown I'm done" and hella people laughed around me. I didn't go to warped because Black Dahlia was playing but I'm no gonna sacrifice my current favourite band for the other 49 crapy ones I'm gonna have to hear live in the same day. Plus he confirmed that 95% of people there were all under 21 so no fun for me

This years mayhem was good for the most part, hated FFDP and Rob Zombie was decent. Emmure had a hell of a show because it was entertaining out ***. Machine Head disappointing because they had so many technical problems like mics kept cutting out and guitars stopped working. Last song was Halo which they did perfectly.

Also believe that Halo is the lastest song that should be in the metal hall of fame or "songs that every Metalhead should know"

Also the video of metal idols that I posted about 40 seconds in the fat one on Canadian idol actually went through to the next round.

but they all serve a purpose in the genre. Nickelback has a purpose somewhere just as A7x, The killers, and Cannibal Corpse. those who listen to Cannibal can surely listen/understand those who listen to A7x or Nickelback, but I can't say those who listen to Nickelback can understand or apppreciate those above them
this. fans of extreme metal can listen/understand (or at least deal with) genres of music like pop/rock and rap but fans of those genres don't understand metal, especially extreme metal.

Hate it it when people say that metal is just noise and takes no skill to play when in reality, it takes much more skill than most other genres of music.

In-N-Out is decent in my book anyway lol. I agree you bro but who's PTV? It might be a simple band but I got a mental block on bands right now, You lost me the other is Black Veil Brides which indeed are horrific

My lil bro likes some of these bands but knows when to like and when to troll if they see them. He'll HXC dance to all these bands but I know when he's troll dancing to sleeping with sirens or serious dancing to Romans. He said I should've went to Warped tour just for entertainment (watching him or dumb people go at it). Last year's Mayhem AA played and in the crowd I told my Brother "if I hear 1 breakdown I'm done" and hella people laughed around me. I didn't go to warped because Black Dahlia was playing but I'm no gonna sacrifice my current favourite band for the other 49 crapy ones I'm gonna have to hear live in the same day. Plus he confirmed that 95% of people there were all under 21 so no fun for me

This years mayhem was good for the most part, hated FFDP and Rob Zombie was decent. Emmure had a hell of a show because it was entertaining out ***. Machine Head disappointing because they had so many technical problems like mics kept cutting out and guitars stopped working. Last song was Halo which they did perfectly.

Also believe that Halo is the lastest song that should be in the metal hall of fame or "songs that every Metalhead should know"

PTV = Pierce the Veil...

I wanted to stab my ex because thats her favorite band.. I cringe every time I hear someone say "Yeah I like metal! Pierce the Veil is amazing!" :x

Was going to post Fleshgod's release but you got it Ninja, it is great just gotta dissect it right now to pick out the amazing songs

Back
Top Bottom