TEAM PENNY is LIVE!!! - We made it to 100

Originally Posted by fattymagee14

For my money those White/Navy IVs are the best CW. I didn't like the IVs when they came out in 99 but lately I have been making up for lost time.

First time i saw them, i was disappointed. They reminded me alot of the XIII.

One of Avar's concept drawings had encapsulated heel air, probably Zoom. Possibly even full length/double stacked zoom.

Even on the OGs the heel unit feels a little unresponsive. Like the shoe was originally designed to have cushioning other than an Air Max unit in the heel.

In the Sole Collector interview Penny says he was told by Nike that the team designing his shoes had been moved to other projects...

Overall, i think the Penny IV represents a shoe that had some major changes from concept to retail product, and that it possibly reflects Nike getting coldfeet about Penny after his knee injury.

Originally Posted by swingshot

For my money those White/Navy IVs are the best CW. I didn't like the IVs when they came out in 99 but lately I have been making up for lost time.

One of Avar's concept drawings had encapsulated heel air, probably Zoom. Possibly even full length/double stacked zoom.

Even on the OGs the heel unit feels a little unresponsive. Like the shoe was originally designed to have cushioning other than an Air Max unit in the heel.

In the Sole Collector interview Penny says he was told by Nike that the team designing his shoes had been moved to other projects...

Overall, i think the Penny IV represents a shoe that had some major changes from concept to retail product, and that it possibly reflects Nike getting cold feet about Penny after his knee injury.
I agree with you on that last part. The IV doesn't fit with the others as far as looks go (even though I still think it is a good lookingshoe). I have always wanted to cut the lace cover to see how it looked. I need to get my hands on that Sole Collector issue.

Is it weird I still dream of the Penny V?

Originally Posted by jae626

Originally Posted by Dynamics82

as a youngin opening up the ogees on xmas
pennies.jpg

haha someone gets penny2's and the other kid gets some reeboks... sad
Don't say that. If they're some Kamikazes, Big Hurt, Shaqs, Emmitts I'd be trying to trade with the quickness.
roll.gif

Great pic. It's nice to see sentiment instead of hype.

Overall, i think the Penny IV represents a shoe that had some major changes from concept to retail product, and that it possibly reflects Nike getting cold feet about Penny after his knee injury.
I agree with you on that last part. The IV doesn't fit with the others as far as looks go (even though I still think it is a good looking shoe). I have always wanted to cut the lace cover to see how it looked. I need to get my hands on that Sole Collector issue.

Is it weird I still dream of the Penny V?
haha a penny V would be
pimp.gif

good info swingshot!

I'm not going to lie, this is a nice colourway of the Nike Air Penny II.

It's a shame about the logo on the back and who they were created for...

2622s5u.jpg

2me2z9u.jpg

29fxeaa.jpg

2im6s21.jpg

2ah5yrq.jpg

307xmjs.jpg

Originally Posted by Justin Slayer

Scored a mini-grail the other day. (No, it's not the size 10.5 pair that was on eBay recently)

Insole is much thicker than on the dreaded $30 Ross version. A bit more comfortable overall, and significantly more comfortable at the forefoot.
I'm not sure if the later ones actually have Zoom in the forefoot?

I forgot to add: Even with the thicker insole, i think the run a little smaller than the Retros.(?)
wink.gif
nerd.gif

14j2azl.jpg

Does anybody have a picture of the OG black/red or OG black/light blue colorway?

Danget haha I was bidding on those.

Does anyone realize that if it wasnt for David Robinson injuring Penny, he would have been a Hall of Fame Player and Kobe woulda had to take the torch fromhim. I HATE DAVID ROBINSON!

Anybody here buy that DS Sz11 pair of Playoff Penny IVs listed on eBay recently?

Thanks for the link bro. I was gonna get them, but the funds weren't correct right now.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by abernja

Anybody here buy that DS Sz11 pair of Playoff Penny IVs listed on eBay recently?

Thanks for the link bro. I was gonna get them, but the funds weren't correct right now.
frown.gif

They'll come back round again - keeping my eyes open for you.

Originally Posted by ShoeConnoisseur09

Originally Posted by Justin Slayer

Scored a mini-grail the other day. (No, it's not the size 10.5 pair that was on eBay recently)

Insole is much thicker than on the dreaded $30 Ross version. A bit more comfortable overall, and significantly more comfortable at the forefoot.
I'm not sure if the later ones actually have Zoom in the forefoot?

I forgot to add: Even with the thicker insole, i think the run a little smaller than the Retros.(?)
wink.gif
nerd.gif

14j2azl.jpg

Does anybody have a picture of the OG black/red or OG black/light blue colorway?

Danget haha I was bidding on those.

Justin Slayer! Hit me up man, I'm interested in those size 10.5 Penny IVs. I PM'ed you.

Let me know if you'd still wanna sell.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by penny4president

Does anyone realize that if it wasnt for David Robinson injuring Penny, he would have been a Hall of Fame Player and Kobe woulda had to take the torch from him. I HATE DAVID ROBINSON!
if this is true then i hate him now too
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom