Team USA Mini-Camp Roster

Love has a game suited better for international play than possibly any player in that mini-camp. Brings a lot of intangibles (toughness, rebounding, etc.) sohe has a chance to make a roster spot. I would take him as the last spot on the roster along with Rose, Mayo and Durant for 2010.

2012 would look a little different I would imagine...with Roy filling in somewhere (probably for OJ)

Didn't the select team beat the actual roster a couple times last training camp? Jay Triano is that dude....Are these scrimmages ever televised?

Ariza
pimp.gif

to think i would do that when this thread was made

I can see Roy, Randolph, Durant and Mayo/Rose. Each and every one of those players remind me of what Team USA core looks like. A combination of length,athleticism, scoring and leadership.

Originally Posted by shaft

IMO, you have to replace 5 from the active 2008 roster before 2012. I was under the impression that we get in the '12 Olympics automatically because we won the gold in '08. The '10 Worlds are not that important and can be used as a tune-up. If I am wrong and we need the '10 Worlds to get in, then these changes should be made this summer.

C Boozer / David Lee put his hard hat on & work
K Bryant / Kevin Durant Scoring
J Kidd / Derrick Rose Don't need a statesman
T Prince / Andre Iguodola Defense
M Redd / Danny Granger 3pt shooting keeps getting better

The only problem I have is leaving off Roy for Granger, so they are interchangeable.

Again, if I am Colangelo, I do this.
thank god you're not then, no offense to you.

I know the scrimmage was televised last time. Is it going to be on TV again. I def plan on watching it

Originally Posted by BangDak

Originally Posted by shaft

IMO, you have to replace 5 from the active 2008 roster before 2012. I was under the impression that we get in the '12 Olympics automatically because we won the gold in '08. The '10 Worlds are not that important and can be used as a tune-up. If I am wrong and we need the '10 Worlds to get in, then these changes should be made this summer.

C Boozer / David Lee put his hard hat on & work
K Bryant / Kevin Durant Scoring
J Kidd / Derrick Rose Don't need a statesman
T Prince / Andre Iguodola Defense
M Redd / Danny Granger 3pt shooting keeps getting better

The only problem I have is leaving off Roy for Granger, so they are interchangeable.

Again, if I am Colangelo, I do this.
thank god you're not then, no offense to you.

then what would you change?

Back
Top Bottom