++++++TEAM VINTAGE HEAT THREAD++++++

nice pumps

what'sthe story behind this "above the rim"?
i also have a pair, and i don't know much about reebok

Hey Karl, I'm guessing they were made for the movie "Above the Rim" from '94 ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109035/ )

One of my favourites back in the day
pimp.gif
.....you might remember "Regulate" by Warren G as the theme song. ( )

Never knew there was a Pump made for the movie...nice!
eek.gif
eek.gif

Nice Reeboks. I don't know if they're actually related to the movie. What I can recall is that 'Nique Wilikins wore those, and that Reeboksponsored the Above The Rim All-Star Dunk Contest.

moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
found some catalog scans on lacebag.nl from afrench postorder catalog (correct me if i am wrong)
i have enjoyed scrolling through this
smile.gif

^
eek.gif
Takes me back... Great stuff... Love those air span and USA T&Fpegasus in particular. Been lookng for a pair of those for so long

^ thats awsome stuff right there, those adidas runners are remarkable...alot of great stuff, takes me back. it will never feel the same as it did when i wasa kid and seeing those air jordans coming out, or trainers ect. a true love for the designs and the feel, look and just simply the passion for sneakers. forinstents, you watch the NBA now nobodys wearing anyhting special, back then when you watched the players all i can remember doing is trying to get a glimps ofthe sneaks nothing but heat. esp if jordan was playing you just new witch ones he had on, only thing you would do is just syyy and say damn i want thosebaaaaaddd. that feeling just kinda came back looking at those mag adds, very nice stuff guys..

Originally Posted by kicks4eva

^ thats awsome stuff right there, those adidas runners are remarkable...alot of great stuff, takes me back. it will never feel the same as it did when i was a kid and seeing those air jordans coming out, or trainers ect. a true love for the designs and the feel, look and just simply the passion for sneakers. for instents, you watch the NBA now nobodys wearing anyhting special, back then when you watched the players all i can remember doing is trying to get a glimps of the sneaks nothing but heat. esp if jordan was playing you just new witch ones he had on, only thing you would do is just syyy and say damn i want those baaaaaddd. that feeling just kinda came back looking at those mag adds, very nice stuff guys..

I remember getting mad at the camera man for cutting off the players feet. When I first say the hares and bordeaux on mjs feet, I was beasting for them butnever got them
eyes.gif

and OP is this enough for Team Vintage Heat admittance

I got a couple of older retros and og carmines coming in too btw
OGs are def. unique and are the best in term of quality. When companys but their best into a product to try to make it to sell in which later they becomecollectors grails is def a
pimp.gif
part of collecting sneakers.

^^I'm not op, but I approve! Concords seem to be in good shape too.

Sneaker heads say this all the time, but oh how nice would it be to go back in time and cop those Bourdreaux's in that ad X10.

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

Originally Posted by kicks4eva

^ thats awsome stuff right there, those adidas runners are remarkable...alot of great stuff, takes me back. it will never feel the same as it did when i was a kid and seeing those air jordans coming out, or trainers ect. a true love for the designs and the feel, look and just simply the passion for sneakers. for instents, you watch the NBA now nobodys wearing anyhting special, back then when you watched the players all i can remember doing is trying to get a glimps of the sneaks nothing but heat. esp if jordan was playing you just new witch ones he had on, only thing you would do is just syyy and say damn i want those baaaaaddd. that feeling just kinda came back looking at those mag adds, very nice stuff guys..

I remember getting mad at the camera man for cutting off the players feet. When I first say the hares and bordeaux on mjs feet, I was beasting for them but never got them
eyes.gif

and OP is this enough for Team Vintage Heat admittance

I got a couple of older retros and og carmines coming in too btw
OGs are def. unique and are the best in term of quality. When companys but their best into a product to try to make it to sell in which later they become collectors grails is def a
pimp.gif
part of collecting sneakers.

the quantity of shoes or waht shoes you have isn't that important to be a member
you just gotta lovethe og nike's
smile.gif

i think our team is now lik maybe 15 active members since itstarted almost two years ago... low profile team, high profile shoes
pimp.gif

some stuff already posted in my blog

JoseBronx - Nice OGs man, you got my approval.
I haven't been able to contribute to this thread in a loooonnngg time. Finally got some white cement IVs. Don't seem that old, but its been 10 yearssince they released.
All my IVs

I think that Reebok's "Above The Rim" program was a series of shoes designed for outdoor basketball use, similar to the Raid idea by Nike.

To contribute to the thread, here are my original 1980s adidas Forums, made in France. Appeared in Sole Collector issue 2.

n67900221_30004203_139.jpg

Karl, that catalogue scan on the last page was pure heaven!
I was just scrolling down, & talking out loud to myself "oh yeah, I remember those" ......"oh man, I remember that pair"
roll.gif

Man, I'd almost forgotten just how much I used to love Reeboks back in the day, they really had some great designs. Battlegrounds & Blacktops obviouslystand out, but there were a lot of hidden gems in there also. Pretty much all those shoes were nice ...even Converse & Filas were killing it back in the90s! ....No Brittish Knights though?
frown.gif
...I only saw some outdoor boots.

Also, anyone notice how those Bordeauxs were laced? I remember everyone used to lace their kicks like that, I dunno really why that trend isn't stillaround ...I guess maybe the factory's started lacing them differently.
ohwell.gif

Thanks for the trip down memory lane Kapepper, one of the most enjoyable "reads" I've had on Niketalk in a long time!
pimp.gif

Oh my lord those catalogs brought back some memories. . . .

The Original Dikembe's, completely forgot about those. Hope he's alright. I'd hate to see him leave the league like that. (the injury the othernight)

The Ewings, The Cons w/ react juice for LJ. Wow!!!

And, The Above The Rim Pumps had nothing to do with the movie. It was the same era, but not directly related.

well kapepper I do love OGs
pimp.gif
, and thanks ajjack. Were you the one whobought those 9.5 IVs here, I mad I missed out on a good deal.

here what came in the mail today
happy.gif

What up Vintage FAM! Just wanted to ask around here before I start a hunt. I am looking for a late 90s Nike box (black, orange, and brown with the swoosh onthe top), if anyone has one to spare or can point me in the right direction of attaining one that would be great.

Back
Top Bottom