Teams that should become Buyers or Sellers before the NBA trade deadline....

In your opinion who are some teams need some help and others need to cut their losses before the deadline?

Sellers:
Chicago Bulls: For sure Hinrich and Deng but basically everyone but DRose
OKC Thunder: All in available except RW, KD, JG
Charlotte Bobcats: Okafor and Augustin imo are the only untouchable pieces
Clippers
Bucks
Grizzlies

Buyers:
Dallas Mavs: its hard for me to think that Cuban will stay pat with this team
Hornets
Raptors: could go both ways
Heat
Nuggets
Knicks

what is you opinion?

Kirk and Deng can actually play with Rose. I wouldnt mind Kirk as 6th man. Hughes, and Ben Gordon are another story.

I would try to find a 2 that can play off Rose. Redd, Bell for Gordon, and Hughes. Bucks buy Hughes out at the end of the season.

Rose, Redd, Deng, Thomas, Noah. Bench: Thabo, Nocioni, Kirk, Gray, Bell.

Thats an instant upgrade and would make the Bulls a better functioning team.

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

In your opinion who are some teams need some help and others need to cut their losses before the deadline? Sellers: Chicago Bulls: For sure Hinrich and Deng but basically everyone but DRose OKC Thunder: All in available except RW, KD, JG Charlotte Bobcats: Okafor and Augustin imo are the only untouchable pieces Clippers Bucks Grizzlies Buyers: Dallas Mavs: its hard for me to think that Cuban will stay pat with this team Hornets Raptors: could go both ways Heat Nuggets Knicks what is you opinion?
How about a little sentence structure?

I can't imagine Mark Cuban standing pat with this team right now...

There were quotes from GMs around the league on ESPN's Daily Dime not long ago that said the Mavericks have been the most active team calling around theleague trying to make moves...

Whether that means they're a buyer or seller, I'm not sure... But I'd assume buyer because I just don't believe Mark Cuban has the patience torebuild and reload...

Eh,

Some teams though will be both.

Take the Nets and Knicks for example.

Recent rumors have the Nets taking Larry Hughes for Simmons and Ager. The Nets get a player in my opinion that is better than the players they are moving eventhough both simmons and hughes are not having great years., get a roster spot, and still keep on that plan for 2010. The negative is that it adds 3 mil insalary for next year that would not be there even if they kept simmons.

Then, they could trade Vince if they can get young talent like they did for RJ or JKidd. (YI has grown on me a bit and showed he could play before he hurt hishand.)

The Knicks still want to move Curry and have discussed moving David Lee although they have said reports are not true. Yet they still feel and have played wellenough to get that eighth spot in the east (yeah it is against a good team but the Knicks make the playoffs again which has not happened since the nets sweptthem in 2004.)

So with the Knicks still looking at 2010 as well, they too will be cautious buyers and sellers as well.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

There were quotes from GMs around the league on ESPN's Daily Dime not long ago that said the Mavericks have been the most active team calling around the league trying to make moves...

Whether that means they're a buyer or seller, I'm not sure... But I'd assume buyer because I just don't believe Mark Cuban has the patience to rebuild and reload...

Does Dallas really have anything worth offering now outside of Dirk? Do they have expiring contracts?

Originally Posted by goukiteg

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

There were quotes from GMs around the league on ESPN's Daily Dime not long ago that said the Mavericks have been the most active team calling around the league trying to make moves...

Whether that means they're a buyer or seller, I'm not sure... But I'd assume buyer because I just don't believe Mark Cuban has the patience to rebuild and reload...
Does Dallas really have anything worth offering now outside of Dirk? Do they have expiring contracts?
Stackhouse is essentially an expiring contract, with only 2 million guaranteed on his tab for next year... But they can still trade him at a valueof $7 million for cap purposes...

Mark Stein said a week or two ago that Josh Howard still holds a TON of value around the league because of his contract and the fact that when he'shealthy, he's a fringe all-star caliber player...

Jason Terry has been playing out of his mind all season, and I'd assume if they really wanted to trade him, they might be able to before the deadline...But I can't imagine they're itching to get rid of him right now...

Then they've got a handful of filler guys on expiring deals to round out cap value if need be...

They don't have a ton, but they've got some working pieces...

The Bulls need to keep Hinrich. They should trade Deng, Hughes, Noah and Gooden.

The only untouchables should be Rose and Thomas.

Recent rumors have the Nets taking Larry Hughes for Simmons and Ager. The Nets get a player in my opinion that is better than the players they are moving even though both simmons and hughes are not having great years., get a roster spot, and still keep on that plan for 2010. The negative is that it adds 3 mil in salary for next year that would not be there even if they kept simmons.
Im all for that move. Sure you have the situation with the salary, but I like what Hughes brings. Ager never gets minutes, so you fre up thatroster spot as you mentioned. Simmons (imo) has been a bench player starting for us barely adding anything. I think adding Hughes would add another scoringweapon & would be much more productive than both of those two.

Theres gonna be nights where VC, Devin, or Yi are off...having that other option for scoring in the lineup would help a lot. When we lose, its because Vince& Devin are having off nights. Now, if Larry is here, that's just one other scorer that could help out on any given night. He'll take some pressureoff VC & Devin.

If he gets traded here, give that group some time to gel, & that's a very solid starting unit, better than we have now. Plus a healthy Yi who has beenplaying real well before the injury, it could be a boost that we need.

if the bulls make any moves ill be DAMNED if we dont get a got damn BIG MAN

kirk can stay him and rose play good together

ben can come off the bench that way he can be the scorer on the floor at the time but son needs to get it together you cant go from giving us 30 tonight and 6the next and shot us out the game trying to find your shot. if we cant get ben to give us a solid number every night then he can go

The heat need to trade marion quickly but for jermaine oneal..... that would of been a good trade in 2001

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

In your opinion who are some teams need some help and others need to cut their losses before the deadline? Sellers: Chicago Bulls: For sure Hinrich and Deng but basically everyone but DRose OKC Thunder: All in available except RW, KD, JG Charlotte Bobcats: Okafor and Augustin imo are the only untouchable pieces Clippers Bucks Grizzlies Buyers: Dallas Mavs: its hard for me to think that Cuban will stay pat with this team Hornets Raptors: could go both ways Heat Nuggets Knicks what is you opinion?
How about a little sentence structure?

My Mac doesnt put the " < b r > " thing into the post. its fixed now tho!...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i should of double checked tho!!!

Cavs: Buyers. I really hope they make an offer for Camby (even if only a rumor) or Amare demands a trade to a contender (I'm allowed to hope...Barack'sin office) for Wally and a 1st rounder or filler.

Originally Posted by KayGeeDaGr8

The heat need to trade marion quickly but for jermaine oneal..... that would of been a good trade in 2001
actually im coo with marion right now... dude usually brings a double double... we just have no center... if we can get rid of some of the benchfor a center.. then well be ok...

Warriors = SELLERS. Anyone but Beans, Monta, Wright, and AR.
laugh.gif
Ok, give up Wright or AR if you HAVE TO but please get rid of Maggette, Jackson, Crawford oranyone I'm forgetting in the process...

Warriors need to get rid of Maggette in any way they can. I can't believe they got themselves to that mess:smh:
laugh.gif

I got a question Stringer. You dont think Kirk would be good off the bench? I mean yea hes overpaid, but he can score a bit, defend, and If you want to put heand Rose in the backcourt for small stretches you can. Plus you still have the assets to trade for a non selfish 2. I think a shooter, to allow Deng to slashwould be great.

Back
Top Bottom