Teams who choked the most in Sports thread

Even I'll admit that Memphis choked in the 2008 Title Game...

2013 Chiefs 
mean.gif
 freaking Luck and Hilton...
tired.gif

Don't get me started on KU losing in the Tournament...

1997, best team in the country, one loss all year, lose to Arizona

2002, arguably best team in the country...up 13-2 on Maryland in the Final Four, lose

2003, 12-30 from the FT line...lose to Syracuse by 3...McNamara in the first half 
sick.gif

2010, Northern Iowa...uhh what?

2011, VCU...field is WIDE open...lose in the Elite 8

2013, up 15 on Michigan with fish minutes left and lose...

2014, lose to Stanford (although I don't think that team was going anywhere)

Even I'll admit that Memphis choked in the 2008 Title Game...

2013 Chiefs :smh:  freaking Luck and Hilton...|I

Don't get me started on KU losing in the Tournament...

1997, best team in the country, one loss all year, lose to Arizona
2002, arguably best team in the country...up 13-2 on Maryland in the Final Four, lose
2003, 12-30 from the FT line...lose to Syracuse by 3...McNamara in the first half :x
2010, Northern Iowa...uhh what?
2011, VCU...field is WIDE open...lose in the Elite 8
2013, up 15 on Michigan with fish minutes left and lose...
2014, lose to Stanford (although I don't think that team was going anywhere)
I still remember that deep *** 3 Farokhmanesh hit

02 Miami Hurricanes.

Why pass interference you had the title!!!
That game wasn't a choke. OSU led most of the game. Oh and it wasn't a PI. 
indifferent.gif

If you want to talk about choking nothing compares to the 1987 Fiesta Bowl when we lost to Penn State. NOTHING. Testaverde single handedly threw away a NC.

2013 Detroit Lions :smh: How the hell do y'all have to win one of your last four games and lose them all? Cutler AND Rogers out for extended periods during the season smh

The 2011 Oakland Raiders were some serious chokers too. 7-4, playing in a weak AFC West, and all they had to do was win another game to get into the playoffs. They host the Chargers in Oakland for the last game of the season; win and they get in. Obviously, it didn't happen. I was in the Coliseum and went from ecstatic to numb over the course of the game.

Last edited:
The 2011 Oakland Raiders were some serious chokers too. 7-4, playing in a weak AFC West, and all they had to do was win another game to get into the playoffs. They host the Chargers in Oakland for the last game of the season; win and they get in. Obviously, it didn't happen. I was in the Coliseum and went from ecstatic to numb over the course of the game.

I was at that game :smh: They were up like 14 at half, it was like my 5th or 6th year having season tickets with my brother and cousins and we were like "it's finally going to happen" talking about how we might just cry tears of joy when it happened.

**** Phillip Rivers.

And yes, being a Sharks fan is unbearable.

Last edited:
2 of 18 from the field in game 7 of the NBA Finals anyone?
98 Vikings letting the Falcons Dirty Bird in The Metrodome:smokin

Last edited:
The biggest choke I've seen was the Sacramento Kings in OT of game 7 of the 2002 Western Conference Finals. Absolutely horrible. That Peja air ball while wide open

Last edited:
1998 Minnesota Vikings "Gary Anderson missed FG". 2009 Minnesota Vikings "Brett Farve INT.

2003 Chicago Cubs "Steve Bartman" Cubs lost the next 2 games while being up in the series 3-2.

2007 Green Bay Packers " Brett farve INT in overtime against the Giants" Plaxico Burress killing Al harris all game.

I've seen a lot of 2003 Cubs mentions because of Bartman, but no, sorry. That isn't their biggest choke.

When they rolled out THIS lineup

Corey Patterson
Nomar Garciaparra
Sammy Sosa
Moises Alou
Derek Lee
Aramis Ramirez
Todd Walker
Michael Barrett

With a Pitching staff of

Kerry Wood
Mark Prior
Greg Maddux
Carlos Zambrano
Matt Clement
Ryan Dempster

And finished THIRD in their own division, THAT is the biggest choke job, I have ever seen. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom