Technical Fouls in NBA Video Games

How are they gonna do it, and when are they gonna do it. Ive had this dicussion with my buddies before and I think it will be a cool add on

Discuss

Maybe a tech meter, where the more a player (misses/gets fouled/ gets calls on him) the meter goes up. Once full you can press a button and the player goesoff, rippin the refs and is T'd up. If used strategically it can help your teams momentum (we've seen how momentum plays in 2k10 lol) or can help theplayer play better cuz he upset (word to the stars) ....

Also could be a great way of relieving gaming stress and frustration
pimp.gif

will never happen cause these video games wont want to endorse bad "sportsmanship" unless there is a version of nfl blitz for nba

they already exhibit bad sportsmanship graphics, why not actions... for example a guy like baron davis when he fouls someone will just take the ball and placeit on the ground for the ref to go get.

sometimes when expressive players are on the ground a player on the other team tries to help them off but the player says no and gets upset..

i mean it can be done. i dont see why not. nothin over the top, just a regular T, with some verbal mouth movments or actions.

getting your player ejected would be sick as well

If they put that in the game, it would "encourage" kids to go and play nba 2k10 just so they get ejected.

Trust me, I'm the kid who when playing baseball games sometimes got frustrated and threw at the opposing teams head until someone rushed the mound.

Won't happen. Same reason you can't commit intentionally hard or flagrant fouls, don't want to encourage or support negative behavior.

I remember in kobe bryant courtside for N64 you would get a Tech for hanging on the rim after a dunk haha. Do they still do that in games nowadays?

You cant really abuse if its like what OP said
missed buckets, getting calls on the player, violations, and notorious players can be a good mix into a Technical system.
It would add more depth and reality into the game.

Like if a player went 1-12, 4 fouls, 6 turnovers and the team was down 10 points...
the player will have a higher chance of getting a T than a regular guy that got called for an Offensive foul or something like that matter.

I remember I could get techs for hanging on the rim in I think it was Kobe Bryant's N64 game.

Used to hang on the rim all day and get the techs, it was worth it.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I remember I could get techs for hanging on the rim in I think it was Kobe Bryant's N64 game.

Used to hang on the rim all day and get the techs, it was worth it.
pimp.gif

hell yehh!...that was boss
pimp.gif
and i love how they would raise the roofafter a basket and other taunts...shaq would do his little bobblehead dance...this game was definitely ahead of its time

I've thought of this too.
laugh.gif

You should be able to control how hard a foul is too. With moderation of course. Like what OP was saying with a meter or something....

Yea then all the laker bandwagons would use LA and be in the crowd with artest all day. smh

you couldnt do it ... because when i play the lakers online, i'd get d'qd from stealing kobe in his jaw with every player on my team at least 60 times...

Was just thinking about this the other day
laugh.gif

I wish they could find some way to incorporate techs. I'd abuse that $%*@ tho

I wouldn't mind adding anything that would add to the realism. But, there are a lot of other things I would change first. Techs weight about as much as theaccessories in these games to me.

Originally Posted by calibeebee

I remember in kobe bryant courtside for N64 you would get a Tech for hanging on the rim after a dunk haha.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I use to do that when I had a big lead.

Back
Top Bottom