Tedy Bruschi just called Wes Welker the second best receiver in the league

I can't remember the whole list (saw it on Sportscenter) but he had Andre Johnson first.

This guy
laugh.gif

1. Andre Johnson
2. Wes Welker
3. Larry Fitz
4. Randy Moss
5. Brandon Marshall

thats was his list

but there is NO way Wes is number 2.......I like Desean Jackson as a WR/Returner more then Wes

Moss wouldn't be nothing if Wes wasn't there to pull triple coverage.

i dont understand some of the hate he gets. I dont think hes the second best receiver in the league but i do think he is damn good at what he does

He gets hate because he is a white WR who is overpraised by the media. Hence the backlash by much of the public.

Wes obviously is not the "second best" WR in the game. He does do his role well however and is good at that. Which is about all the Pats ask of him.

You do see the media get enamored with him though, many writers put him on their 1st team All NFL this year and last. That goes with catching so many balls and being so "gritty." But it's also why the public gives him flack cause first team is fairly absurd IMO, unless you are dead set on naming a true team with slotted positions

here we go...

laugh.gif

i love wes...but 2nd best is an overstatement
laugh.gif

cosign with the ryguy said

Well didnt he lead the league in receptions? Does that not matter? If a PG leads the NBA in assist wouldn't he by default be at least top 5?

Maybe he meant Wes was the best second receiver in the league.

I could go along with that.

Edit: Never mind, I gotta go with Quan on that.

Back
Top Bottom