Teen stabbed at National Zoo on African American Family Day....

30t6p3b.gif

[h1]Stabbing at National Zoo During African American Family Day[/h1]
Updated: Monday, 25 Apr 2011, 5:55 PM EDT
Published : Monday, 25 Apr 2011, 4:58 PM EDT

WASHINGTON - D.C. Police tell FOX 5 a teenage boy was stabbed inside the National Zoo in Northwest. A zoo spokeswoman says it's unclear where the stabbing occurred but there was a fight on the zoo's grounds.

We are told the teen was stabbed several times. EMS received several calls of a stabbing in the vicinity of 2900 block of Connecticut Avenue late Monday afternoon. The teen was transported as priority one trauma patient.

Easter Monday is traditionally African American Family Day at the National Zoo.  Easter Monday has been a Washington-area multicultural tradition that spans more than 100 years.  In 2000, there was a multiple shooting at the zoo during the same event.

A witness tells FOX 5 the scen was chaotic as police evacuated the zoo.  She says people were stumbling over each other as they ran from the zoo. 

Link

This was supposed to be a GOOD day....
30t6p3b.gif

The shooting on AA Family Day back in 2000 was some !%%@ too....don't quote me, but I think 7 people got shot....Personally, I think there needs to be more of a police presence at the zoo.  I'm not talking about just for today...but EVERY day over there.  It's such a great place, but it's a shame that knuckleheads take it upon themselves to ruin the day/event for everyone. 
http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/local/stabbing-at-national-zoo-042511#ixzz1KZijiupc

30t6p3b.gif

WASHINGTON - D.C. Police tell FOX 5 a teenage boy was stabbed inside the National Zoo in Northwest. A zoo spokeswoman says it's unclear where the stabbing occurred but there was a fight on the zoo's grounds.

We are told the teen was stabbed several times. EMS received several calls of a stabbing in the vicinity of 2900 block of Connecticut Avenue late Monday afternoon. The teen was transported as priority one trauma patient.

Easter Monday is traditionally African American Family Day at the National Zoo.  Easter Monday has been a Washington-area multicultural tradition that spans more than 100 years.  In 2000, there was a multiple shooting at the zoo during the same event.

A witness tells FOX 5 the scen was chaotic as police evacuated the zoo.  She says people were stumbling over each other as they ran from the zoo. 

Link

30t6p3b.gif

The shooting on AA Family Day back in 2000 was some !%%@ too....don't quote me, but I think 7 people got shot....Personally, I think there needs to be more of a police presence at the zoo.  I'm not talking about just for today...but EVERY day over there.  It's such a great place, but it's a shame that knuckleheads take it upon themselves to ruin the day/event for everyone. 
http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/local/stabbing-at-national-zoo-042511#ixzz1KZijiupc

30t6p3b.gif

Incidents like this only enforce stereotypes about us.

*waits for someone to say the A-word*

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Furrell

30t6p3b.gif

the only way that word would be mentioned is if it was referring to the actual things that live in the zoo like lions, tigers, bears, polar bears etc.

30t6p3b.gif

the only way that word would be mentioned is if it was referring to the actual things that live in the zoo like lions, tigers, bears, polar bears etc.

30t6p3b.gif

I was actually going to do it satirically but you ruined that for me. Thanks.

Sad story, though.

30t6p3b.gif

I was actually going to do it satirically but you ruined that for me. Thanks.

Sad story, though.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

30t6p3b.gif

Link

30t6p3b.gif

honestly, it's a zoo though, i'd expect that any protection that would be needed would be some zookeepers and some tranquilizer guns for the animals

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

30t6p3b.gif

Link

30t6p3b.gif

honestly, it's a zoo though, i'd expect that any protection that would be needed would be some zookeepers and some tranquilizer guns for the animals

I'm not even surprised.
(I'm Black,I live in D.C. and I remember that shooting years ago.Yes it matters)

I'm not even surprised.
(I'm Black,I live in D.C. and I remember that shooting years ago.Yes it matters)

Back
Top Bottom