Tekken vs. Street Fighter/Street Fighter vs. Tekken Gameplay, Trailer, Rundown of Gameplay pg. 5

New details:
How familiar would, say, Street Fighter X Tekken feel to a seasoned Street Fighter IV player? "As you can see on our logo," said Ono. "We're not specifying Street Fighter IV or Tekken 6. We're not going to confine ourselves. It is going to be Street Fighter and Tekken, and that includes all the titles." Harada chimed in with, "I'm sure that the graphical look of the game might change and the gameplay elements and such will be quite different. For each of our franchises it's not like each cross game is just going to be a continuation of our individual franchises. It's something that's going to be quite different."

So basically, the gameplay isn't going to be strictly based on Tekken 6 and Street Fighter 4. Instead, they're going to use elements from every game, which explains why Ryu got that kick from 3rd Strike.
Hopefully, they'll add both Parrying and Focus Attack into the game.

New details:
How familiar would, say, Street Fighter X Tekken feel to a seasoned Street Fighter IV player? "As you can see on our logo," said Ono. "We're not specifying Street Fighter IV or Tekken 6. We're not going to confine ourselves. It is going to be Street Fighter and Tekken, and that includes all the titles." Harada chimed in with, "I'm sure that the graphical look of the game might change and the gameplay elements and such will be quite different. For each of our franchises it's not like each cross game is just going to be a continuation of our individual franchises. It's something that's going to be quite different."

So basically, the gameplay isn't going to be strictly based on Tekken 6 and Street Fighter 4. Instead, they're going to use elements from every game, which explains why Ryu got that kick from 3rd Strike.
Hopefully, they'll add both Parrying and Focus Attack into the game.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at the crowd.

Seriously though, the vid looks instant cop worthy.
pimp.gif

all i needed to know was that this doesn't effect tekken 7's release. thank you GOD.

all i needed to know was that this doesn't effect tekken 7's release. thank you GOD.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

First look at Tekken vs. Street Fighter:
tekken_x_street_fighter.jpg

500x_tekken_x_ryu_2.jpg

Namco held an unusual event at Gamescom today to give its European audience a peek at Street Fighter X Tekken. But fans of both fighting games also got a sneak peek at its successor sibling, Tekken X Street Fighter.

Street Fighter IV producer Yoshinori Ono and Katsuhiro Tekken producer Harada showed Gamescom attendees the same Street Fighter X Tekken gameplay that was demonstrated to fans at Comic-Con last month. And while Harada said that the Tekken team was busy with other projects ("the next Tekken") and wouldn't ship their entry in the Namco vs. Capcom collaboration until after Street Fighter X Tekken arrived, he did offer a very brief glimpse of Tekken X Street Fighter.

Harada offered a very early look at the 3D Ryu model being worked on in the Tekken style, one that he stressed was not finished with proper lighting or even with a final uniform. In the shots shown off at Gamescom, the Tekken X Street Fighter version of Ryu was wearing the gi of Paul from Tekken.

The producers of Street Fighter X Tekken and Tekken X Street Fighter asked fans not to worry too much about the current prototype state of the model, pleading that they'll keep groaning on Facebook and Twitter to a minimum.

Cliffnotes:
Tekken team is still busy with Tekken 7
Wouldn't ship until after Street Fighter vs. Tekken
Pics above are very early shots
Not finished
Doesn't even have proper lighting or correct uniform
The gi Ryu is wearing above actually belongs to Paul from Tekken

this is the game I want 
pimp.gif

I will but both, but once this one drops, it will get REAL SERIOUS. 

Tekken X Street Fighter will probably take more skill to master as far as being great at it, considering the side stepping, juggling, and other Tekken characteristics that will be more dominant as far as game physics go. 

but I feel that SF x Tekken will be the best one as far as "pick up and play" will be. Street fighter has always been a more inviting game to beginner fighting game players, and thats definitely not a bad thing because Street fighter is my FAVORITE game of all time. but Tekken is right there in the number 2 spot as far as fighting games go. 

but good GRACIOUS look at Ryu's face as a Tekken character... that first picture actually gives us an idea of how he would look as a real person 
eek.gif

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

First look at Tekken vs. Street Fighter:
tekken_x_street_fighter.jpg

500x_tekken_x_ryu_2.jpg

Namco held an unusual event at Gamescom today to give its European audience a peek at Street Fighter X Tekken. But fans of both fighting games also got a sneak peek at its successor sibling, Tekken X Street Fighter.

Street Fighter IV producer Yoshinori Ono and Katsuhiro Tekken producer Harada showed Gamescom attendees the same Street Fighter X Tekken gameplay that was demonstrated to fans at Comic-Con last month. And while Harada said that the Tekken team was busy with other projects ("the next Tekken") and wouldn't ship their entry in the Namco vs. Capcom collaboration until after Street Fighter X Tekken arrived, he did offer a very brief glimpse of Tekken X Street Fighter.

Harada offered a very early look at the 3D Ryu model being worked on in the Tekken style, one that he stressed was not finished with proper lighting or even with a final uniform. In the shots shown off at Gamescom, the Tekken X Street Fighter version of Ryu was wearing the gi of Paul from Tekken.

The producers of Street Fighter X Tekken and Tekken X Street Fighter asked fans not to worry too much about the current prototype state of the model, pleading that they'll keep groaning on Facebook and Twitter to a minimum.

Cliffnotes:
Tekken team is still busy with Tekken 7
Wouldn't ship until after Street Fighter vs. Tekken
Pics above are very early shots
Not finished
Doesn't even have proper lighting or correct uniform
The gi Ryu is wearing above actually belongs to Paul from Tekken

this is the game I want 
pimp.gif

I will but both, but once this one drops, it will get REAL SERIOUS. 

Tekken X Street Fighter will probably take more skill to master as far as being great at it, considering the side stepping, juggling, and other Tekken characteristics that will be more dominant as far as game physics go. 

but I feel that SF x Tekken will be the best one as far as "pick up and play" will be. Street fighter has always been a more inviting game to beginner fighting game players, and thats definitely not a bad thing because Street fighter is my FAVORITE game of all time. but Tekken is right there in the number 2 spot as far as fighting games go. 

but good GRACIOUS look at Ryu's face as a Tekken character... that first picture actually gives us an idea of how he would look as a real person 
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom