TENNIS: OFFICIAL US OPEN 2011 THREAD! hawt.

Djoker is the best bar none right now. What he's done is incredible.

His girl is mad fine too. All kinds of winning
pimp.gif

Djoker is the best bar none right now. What he's done is incredible.

His girl is mad fine too. All kinds of winning
pimp.gif

So proud of my dude Nole. He's a BEAST and he's essentially to Rafa what Rafa is to Roger. He's mentally tougher than both those guys and that's the difference.

So proud of my dude Nole. He's a BEAST and he's essentially to Rafa what Rafa is to Roger. He's mentally tougher than both those guys and that's the difference.

^ Yeah, she is maddd cute.
embarassed.gif

Utter domination by Joker. Don't think I've ever seen Rafa get manhandled like that, let alone in a GS final. Definitely was pulling for him, but I'm happy for Joker. As long as Federer doesn't win, I'm good.

Never would've thought he'd come out of that "little brother" role so quickly, if at all. Absolutely amazing what he's accomplished and how far he's come in the last year and a half or two.

^ Yeah, she is maddd cute.
embarassed.gif

Utter domination by Joker. Don't think I've ever seen Rafa get manhandled like that, let alone in a GS final. Definitely was pulling for him, but I'm happy for Joker. As long as Federer doesn't win, I'm good.

Never would've thought he'd come out of that "little brother" role so quickly, if at all. Absolutely amazing what he's accomplished and how far he's come in the last year and a half or two.

Originally Posted by aepps20

And Roger looks like the only one who could beat him..

They on some rock, paper, scissors !%+$.

Djokovic is killing right now though.

Originally Posted by aepps20

And Roger looks like the only one who could beat him..

They on some rock, paper, scissors !%+$.

Djokovic is killing right now though.

It was a very strange final, cuz despite the intense drama, the quality at times wasn't that good... 51 UE's for Nole and 37 for Rafa vs. 55 and 32 winners respectively.  Anytime there are more errors than winners, it's never a good sign.  Both guys were definitely not at their best... Having said that, the quality of some of the rallies was ridiculous.  Probably some of the most physical hard-court tennis you'll ever see.  
Anyway, it's interesting seeing the dynamic between these 3 players right now.  Fed first owning the field, then Rafa owning the field and Fed, and now Nole owning the field, Rafa and Fed (lets not forget, he also beat Fed in 5 in the '10 USO).  The thing with Rafa vs Fed is that Rafa (with his high-kicking groundstrokes) was able to penetrate Fed's single-backhand.  That's how he neutralized him.  But for Nole, who has a stronger backhand than Fed, Rafa isn't able to do this to him.  Nole's speed and physical agility, which is similar to Rafa's, allows him to be successful against Rafa.  Nole isn't able to attack Fed's backhand the way Rafa does so, which is why Fed seems to have a bit more success over Nole.  Of course, this is all referring to the Nole over the past 12 months.  Confused yet?

Anyway, this will probably go down as, statistically, the greatest single-season performance ever.  We still have the World Tour Finals to look forward to!

1000x.jpg

x999.jpg
x999.jpg
x999.jpg
1000x.jpg
x999.jpg
1000x.jpg

x999.jpg

The girls...

1000x.jpg

x999.jpg

x999.jpg

x999.jpg

It was a very strange final, cuz despite the intense drama, the quality at times wasn't that good... 51 UE's for Nole and 37 for Rafa vs. 55 and 32 winners respectively.  Anytime there are more errors than winners, it's never a good sign.  Both guys were definitely not at their best... Having said that, the quality of some of the rallies was ridiculous.  Probably some of the most physical hard-court tennis you'll ever see.  
Anyway, it's interesting seeing the dynamic between these 3 players right now.  Fed first owning the field, then Rafa owning the field and Fed, and now Nole owning the field, Rafa and Fed (lets not forget, he also beat Fed in 5 in the '10 USO).  The thing with Rafa vs Fed is that Rafa (with his high-kicking groundstrokes) was able to penetrate Fed's single-backhand.  That's how he neutralized him.  But for Nole, who has a stronger backhand than Fed, Rafa isn't able to do this to him.  Nole's speed and physical agility, which is similar to Rafa's, allows him to be successful against Rafa.  Nole isn't able to attack Fed's backhand the way Rafa does so, which is why Fed seems to have a bit more success over Nole.  Of course, this is all referring to the Nole over the past 12 months.  Confused yet?

Anyway, this will probably go down as, statistically, the greatest single-season performance ever.  We still have the World Tour Finals to look forward to!

1000x.jpg

x999.jpg
x999.jpg
x999.jpg
1000x.jpg
x999.jpg
1000x.jpg

x999.jpg

The girls...

1000x.jpg

x999.jpg

x999.jpg

x999.jpg

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Nole isn't able to attack Fed's backhand the way Rafa does so, which is why Fed seems to have a bit more success over Nole.  
If you lose to Nole in 5 the way Fed did, it seems he had more success than just "a bit"

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Nole isn't able to attack Fed's backhand the way Rafa does so, which is why Fed seems to have a bit more success over Nole.  
If you lose to Nole in 5 the way Fed did, it seems he had more success than just "a bit"

^ No, I'm saying Fed had relatively more "success" over Nole than Rafa did. He did end his streak at RG this year... And when I saying "a bit more", I'm referring to their meetings over the last 12 months. Including USO 2009, they've met 9 times, in which Fed won 4 times. Compared with Rafa vs Nole, they've met 8 times since last year's final... Rafa only won twice. So like I said, relatively speaking "Fed seems to have a bit more success over Nole".

^ No, I'm saying Fed had relatively more "success" over Nole than Rafa did. He did end his streak at RG this year... And when I saying "a bit more", I'm referring to their meetings over the last 12 months. Including USO 2009, they've met 9 times, in which Fed won 4 times. Compared with Rafa vs Nole, they've met 8 times since last year's final... Rafa only won twice. So like I said, relatively speaking "Fed seems to have a bit more success over Nole".

Murray is such a distant 4th.  He needs to find a way to breakthrough like Novak did.  It might be a couple of more years before he wins his first major.
What's up with all those strange rashes on Novak's neck?

Murray is such a distant 4th.  He needs to find a way to breakthrough like Novak did.  It might be a couple of more years before he wins his first major.

Originally Posted by shogun

laugh.gif
he's good enough to be capable of beating everyone ranked after him but not good enough to be competitive with federer nole and rafa. sucks to suck. and he always blows it, it's great.

Originally Posted by shogun

laugh.gif
he's good enough to be capable of beating everyone ranked after him but not good enough to be competitive with federer nole and rafa. sucks to suck. and he always blows it, it's great.

Back
Top Bottom