Terrell Owens begged the Clippers to sign him?

Quote:
[table][tr][td]The NFL isn’t the only league Terrell Owens wants to play in.

Owens, who was last seen begging the Jets to give him a chance, also begged the NBA’s Los Angeles Clippers to sign him, according to Clippers forward Blake Griffin.

“Terrell Owens is always — he was at our practice facility this summer, begging coaches for a 10-day contract,” Griffin said on the Dan Patrick Show.

Although Griffin allowed that Owens “can play a little bit,” it’s safe to say that at age 39, Owens won’t be taking up a second career in the NBA. And seeing as he hasn’t played in an NFL game since December 19, 2010, we can just about declare his first career over as well.

Griffin also mentioned that he played football in high school and sometimes wonders what he could have accomplished if he had stuck with it instead of quitting during his sophomore year to turn all of his attention to hoops.

“I think about that sometimes, I wish I had played it a little longer,” Griffin said. “But I’m glad I stuck with basketball.”The 6-foot-10, 251-pound Griffin has amazing leaping ability and would be quite a threat as a receiver in the red zone. At least, he’d have a better chance of competing in the NFL than Owens would of competing in the NBA.[/td][/tr][/table]
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/11/terrell-owens-begged-the-clippers-to-sign-him/

roll.gif
roll.gif

damn he didnt have to put him on blast like that though.

clippers fans taking shots...oh ok lol.

Snake Griffin can't be trusted. Nothing is safe.

T.O. needs to hop in Blake's KIA and head back to 99 and change his life around. :smh:

From a different article I read, T.O. and Blake are good friends. He wasn't trying to indicate that T.O. was literally begging him for a job.

Seen TO play many times...he's very good for a football player...no where near NBA talent IMO. Too short to be a PF, SF or Center...not enough handle to be PG, SG. Dude is strong as an ox though, with 3 to 5 more inches in height he could've been a beast on the boards. TO is one of my favorite athletes but no NBA team is gonna waste a roster spot on a 39 year old tweener.

Dude needs to brush off his best suit and work on being a commentator.

Seen TO play many times...he's very good for a football player...no where near NBA talent IMO. Too short to be a PF, SF or Center...not enough handle to be PG, SG. Dude is strong as an ox though, with 3 to 5 more inches in height he could've been a beast on the boards. TO is one of my favorite athletes but no NBA team is gonna waste a roster spot on a 39 year old tweener.

Dude needs to brush off his best suit and work on being a commentator.
Thank you....If T-mac and Gilbert aren't in the league how the hell is a 40 year old that never played pro basketball game gonna get signed? 

Back
Top Bottom