TERRIFYING DISEASE Harlequin-type ichthyosis-VERY GRAPHIC, you have been warned

antonlavey

Banned
harlequin.jpg

190px-Harlequin_fetus.JPG

harlequin-fig1.jpg

Harlequin-type ichthyosis (also harlequin ichthyosis, ichthyosis congenita,Ichthyosis fetalis, keratosis diffusa fetalis, and Harlequin fetus[sup][1][/sup][sup]:562[/sup]), a skin disease, is the most severe form of congenital ichthyosis, characterized by a thickening of thekeratin layer in fetalhuman skin. In sufferers of thedisease, the skin contains massive, diamond-shaped scales, and tends to have a blue color. In addition, the eyes, ears, mouth, andother appendages may be abnormally contracted. The scaly keratin greatly limits the child's movement. Because the skin is cracked where normal skin wouldfold, it is easily pregnable by bacteria and other contaminants, resulting in serious risk of fatal infection.

I don't get squeemish easily but
sick.gif
smh.gif

Had a friend in highschool who would draw clownsuits on harlequin fetuses and pass them out during lunch hour. For shame...

Originally Posted by airchucknorris

Had a friend in highschool who would draw clownsuits on harlequin fetuses and pass them out during lunch hour. For shame...
Tell your friend to kill himself.....I'm reading up on skin histology, and diseases, and I've been googling the images to see what theylook like and goddam.
sick.gif

Some guy survived the harlequin fetus disease, they just had to keep applying skin-cell growing cream onto his skin like twice or three times a day. Idon't know how it worked, but because their skin dies a lot faster than regular humans and becomes too dry, that's how he survived. I think he waspartially blind too, can't remember.

There was a video on that guy somewhere. But the chance of surviving is very low.

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

Some guy survived the harlequin fetus disease, they just had to keep applying skin-cell growing cream onto his skin like twice or three times a day. I don't know how it worked, but because their skin dies a lot faster than regular humans and becomes too dry, that's how he survived. I think he was partially blind too, can't remember.

There was a video on that guy somewhere. But the chance of surviving is very low.
3919727.jpg
Is this him? These baby's don't survive,most of them die off as a result of bacterial infections. I wouldn't wanna live this way tho, the pain must be unbearable.

Originally Posted by Sputnik

smh you can post these pics, but you cant post some booty or *******?
tired.gif
I mean, I gave warnings. Someone else on NT posted a video of some guy that got cut in half...I'm sure this tame in comparison.

Originally Posted by BlackBenz

whats the life expectancy?
In the past, the disorder was invariably fatal, whether due to dehydration, infection (sepsis), restricted breathing due to the plating, or other relatedcauses. The most common cause of death was systemic infection and sufferers rarely survived for more than a few days. However, there have been improvements incare, most notably the drug Isotretinoin (Isotrex). Some patients have survivedinto adolescence and, in very rare cases, lived to adulthood.

Originally Posted by DanzInRealLife

So wait, is the top one alive? What about it's eyes?
frown.gif

Wow. Can it be detected before the mother gives birth?
It is congenital so yes it can be detected before the mom gives birth.

The disease can be diagnosed in the uterus by way offetal skin biopsy or by morphologic analysis of amnioticfluid cells obtained by amniocentesis. In addition, doctors can now usually recognize common features ofthe disease through ultrasound, and follow up with 3D ultrasound to diagnose the condition.

I honestly don't know what's up with the eyes, that's really what freaks me out the most. I know they bleed a lot and their eyelips are retractedexposing the eyeballs. It looks like blood just seeped in, somehow.

Back
Top Bottom