Thanks for helping NikeTalk contribute $2,150 to Doctors Without Borders!

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Methodical Management, Jun 18, 2010.

1. ill legal operation

ill legal operation

I stand by my comment - of course I could have been more diplomatic in asserting it - but diplomacy gets no attention, much less a response or an explanation...

...using the proceeds from this website to ''build toilets for amputees'' is commendable, and you'll never hear me speak ill of it, but a fully functional NikeTalk supercedes the immediate demand for charity BECAUSE a fully functional NikeTalk will in turn produce more money - more money, more ''toilets.''

No one is asking for this site to be run exclusively to their own personal benefit, but hundreds of us are asking it to be run properly...

...obviously it won't happen at the snap of a finger, but NT had it's first major performance malfunction in the summer of '08 - granted hindsight is 20/20, and at the time none of us could foresee that Yuku foul-ups would be a reoccuring theme, but two years is ample time to fix almost any problem and was most certainly enough time to fix this website.

2. cabron james 23

cabron james 23

[​IMG]

3. cabron james 23

cabron james 23

[​IMG]

4. manglor

manglor Moderator

Why not just bite the bullet and get rid of everything after page 20 in every forum?

Don't delete it but have it saved as just data offline. With no ability to access it it should not affect the site at all.

i know something similar has been mentioned but that idea had the old information still avaliable to view. Screw that, keep it offline til something gets sorted out.

Yes it would affect the site and be fairly annoying but until stuff can be fixed it seems like a win win alternative doesn't it?

I would think it would fix a lot of the site issues if not all of them and thus increase the revenue that is donated to charity as well.

And i do fully realize this is just an idea and most likely has been thought of by someone who actually has a say in what happens here but on the off chance it hasn't i figured i'd type it out anyway.

5. manglor

manglor Moderator

Why not just bite the bullet and get rid of everything after page 20 in every forum?

Don't delete it but have it saved as just data offline. With no ability to access it it should not affect the site at all.

i know something similar has been mentioned but that idea had the old information still avaliable to view. Screw that, keep it offline til something gets sorted out.

Yes it would affect the site and be fairly annoying but until stuff can be fixed it seems like a win win alternative doesn't it?

I would think it would fix a lot of the site issues if not all of them and thus increase the revenue that is donated to charity as well.

And i do fully realize this is just an idea and most likely has been thought of by someone who actually has a say in what happens here but on the off chance it hasn't i figured i'd type it out anyway.

6. finnns2003

finnns2003

Simply saying a "50 second delay" is the gist of NT's problems is selling the users short. The frustration lies within the entire experience, from blank pages to time errors to multiple replies that fill up an entire thread. The point is, it may be a "small problem" in the grand scheme of things, but it has made this message board one of the worst in terms of function and quality. I have never seen a message board with more errors and issues as this one.

7. finnns2003

finnns2003

Simply saying a "50 second delay" is the gist of NT's problems is selling the users short. The frustration lies within the entire experience, from blank pages to time errors to multiple replies that fill up an entire thread. The point is, it may be a "small problem" in the grand scheme of things, but it has made this message board one of the worst in terms of function and quality. I have never seen a message board with more errors and issues as this one.

8. moneymike88

moneymike88

9. moneymike88

moneymike88

10. mangudai954

mangudai954

Cant believe some of these replies.

My Dad just got back from Haiti today, he said DWB was one of the few people he saw actively doing things to help the people there. He said most everyone else has left.

11. mangudai954

mangudai954

Cant believe some of these replies.

My Dad just got back from Haiti today, he said DWB was one of the few people he saw actively doing things to help the people there. He said most everyone else has left.

12. ill legal operation

ill legal operation

This has been my favorite website since 2000 - I was a sophomore in undergrad, now I'm two years outta law school - you know where I was on 9/11? In my dorm room reading some kid's post in the Lounge saying one of the planes flew right over his head...

...I'm not going anywhere.

13. ill legal operation

ill legal operation

This has been my favorite website since 2000 - I was a sophomore in undergrad, now I'm two years outta law school - you know where I was on 9/11? In my dorm room reading some kid's post in the Lounge saying one of the planes flew right over his head...

...I'm not going anywhere.

14. the north west

the north west

don't know which is more embarrassing

what you just wrote

or the way your parents raised you

15. the north west

the north west

don't know which is more embarrassing

what you just wrote

or the way your parents raised you

16. ihavemyownopinion

ihavemyownopinion

You're welcome. Glad someone is still doing something to help the people in Haiti when it seems like everyone else has forgotten.

And some of you guys are sick in the head for thinking that you issues with a message board deserve more attention that people who are on the verge of death...

17. ihavemyownopinion

ihavemyownopinion

You're welcome. Glad someone is still doing something to help the people in Haiti when it seems like everyone else has forgotten.

And some of you guys are sick in the head for thinking that you issues with a message board deserve more attention that people who are on the verge of death...

18. israel5ekla

israel5ekla

19. israel5ekla

israel5ekla