That Atlanta Housing Market is Insanely Affordable...

Had HGTV on in the background and I noticed that on Property Virgins, they feature Atlanta (or suburbs of the city) a lot of the time. This is for good reason. I don't know anything about the neighborhoods, schools, etc., but I just saw some dude cop a 3000+ square foot home (4bedroom/4bath) for under 150k. Had me like :wow: Really put things in perspective if you live elsewhere where 150k will only get you a 300 sq. foot efficiency :lol:

Oh...
2012-BET-Hip-Hop-1215.jpg

Da host...

What's the job market like down there?

I really have no clue....but it seems like you get a lot of bang for your buck in atlanta and the surrounding suburbs.

Known fact. That's one of the reasons why a lot of people are coming here.

Job market isn't bad. There are a lot of movie studios coming out here, so that's a growing market. It's not a bad place to be, by far.

Like others have said places like Atlanta and as well as Texas have this going for them. Im sure there are many others in the south in areas that aren't bad.

Job market is terrible, I checked. My aunt/uncle have a mini mansion they bought when the neighborhood was 400-500k. Now there's a few foreclosures and one can be had for less than 200. Helped one of those families move out when I was down there. Sad stuff. Great if you have telecommute options though.

Last edited:
it sounds all nice and everything but there are probably certain factors that keep housing values very low, which make you wonder...

also what was the neighborhood like…was it aggressively suburban or where there access to amenities that increase housing value such as walkability, public transit, and local business?

more and more people don't want to live in an auto-centric environment…by no means are cars dead but people want the ability to choose their method of transit

but paying $1500 for a studio or 1 bedroom is absolutely ridiculous as well…word to the DC-area rental market 
mean.gif

Last edited:

why the pacers video?

i couldn't care less about the miami heat.
laugh.gif
Basically insinuating that PG decided to stay here over going to a larger market such as LA, NY, etc... kinda says a lot imo.

Indy has a great/growing job market, affordable taxes, great schools but it is getting kind of violent (I'm sure ATL isn't the safest either).

ATL is dope too though, but if you're looking for bargains as far as housing market goes, Indy got damn pleighboah.

Job market in Atlanta sucks because the city is flooded with people who heard atlanta is the move and can't don't a job.

All the cheap houses are in the burbs and atlanta has top 10 worst traffic in the nation so you do the math.

The only people who can live in the city and really see it being a steal compared to most other cities are people leaving NYC or Cali since their intown living cost are nasty.

why the pacers video?

i couldn't care less about the miami heat. :lol:
Basically insinuating that PG decided to stay here over going to a larger market such as LA, NY, etc... kinda says a lot imo.

Indy has a great/growing job market, affordable taxes, great schools but it is getting kind of violent (I'm sure ATL isn't the safest either).

ATL is dope too though, but if you're looking for bargains as far as housing market goes, Indy got damn pleighboah.

:lol: @ thinking PG stayed in Indy because of all that. Pretty sure that 80-90 million guaranteed had A LOT to do with his decision. PG ain't worried about schools and a job market, fam. :lol:

why the pacers video?

i couldn't care less about the miami heat.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@ thinking PG stayed in Indy because of all that. Pretty sure that 80-90 million guaranteed had A LOT to do with his decision. PG ain't worried about schools and a job market, fam.
laugh.gif
You're outlandish if you don't think LA  have offered more money in Free Agency...

Nice try doe

Last edited:

I really have no clue....but it seems like you get a lot of bang for your buck in atlanta and the surrounding suburbs.

Always been the case down there along with Texas.
this house is 350k in Houston, just off the physical differences alone, it would be hard to remain positive in my 150k box in the city

Folks on House Hunters wind up paying double that for a fixer upper

jOCFRYt4YKt7z.png

You're outlandish if you don't think LA  have offered more money in Free Agency...

Nice try doe

Just stop, B. Plus you're thread jacking, mad rude.

Anyways, what are the major job industries in ATL? I don't feel like finance/consulting jobs are heavy down there so it'd be a no go for me. Only thing I can see is buying then flipping or buying then renting out.

Back
Top Bottom