The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rondo's defense has slipped significantly anyone who follows the Celtics closely will tell you this.

Maybe he can return to his top form now that he's playing for a chip, but it's tough to make a real credible argument that Rondo has been better than Rubio on D, other than "Rubio LOL!"

Rubio was one of the best defensive PGs in the league last year. Of course Mister Friendly would never know this because he didn't make an All-Defensive team.

Rubio is a better defender than Rondo but I'm trolling? :lol:

Don't believe me?

Doc Rivers will tell you, anyone who covers the Celtics will tell you, Celtics fans will tell you Rondo has seriously slipped on defense, he is not the elite guy he once was.

Also, Minnosota had, Kevin Martin, Pekovic, and Kevin Love, three terrible defenders, and no rim protection in their starting lineup and had the 12th best D in the league.

Rubio must be doing something right.

Hmm

I think we need to consider how heavily defensive rebounding is weighed...... in defensive rating and in terms of individual's defensive prowess

But saying because the Timberwolves had the 12 best D with 3 "terrible" defenders therefore by default Rubio is probably " doing something right" is a little flawed

Last edited:
Hmm

I think we need to consider how heavily defensive rebounding is weighed...... in defensive rating and in terms of individual's defensive prowess

But saying because the Timberwolves had the 12 best D with 3 "terrible" defenders therefore by default Rubio is probably " doing something right" is a little flawed
The eye test also says Rubio is elite in defense and Rondo isn't.

Hmm

Im not looking at individual defensive rating man, thats useless for individual d.

look
From watching Rubio play, he's a good defender he's big, long, great anticipation, strong hands, I don't really understand how people don't see that he's a really good defender at this point im convinced it's becuase he's a white euro. but to prove my point I try to use facts.

forget numbers Just use some logic.
Timberwolves D last year was top 12: indisputable correct?

You would agree that, Kevin Martin/Kevin Love/Pekovice are poor defenders and offer no rim protection. right?

so you have Brewer and Rubio left. One wing defender can't make a top 12 d, someone else has to be making positive contributions.

what conclusion can you come to other than Rubio is a positive contributer on d.?

I don't get it. *shrugs*

Curry has cooked the **** outta russ before, had him looking like a dirty mop. Should be a good match up

Last edited:
Austin Rivers 
roll.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom