The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Players who would be at worst, near-locks for the basketball HOF (obviously extends beyond the NBA)

CP3(YUP)

Durant(YUP)

LeBron(YUP

Kobe(YUP)

Dirk(YUP)

Pierce(YUP)

KG(YUP)

Nash (technicality lol)(YUP)

Wade(YUP)

Bosh(YUP)

Pau(YUP)

Parker(YUP)

Ginobili (YUP)

Westbrook(TOO SOON TO SAY)

If you want to go ahead and add folks who will be near-locks for the HOF once it's all said and done then the list obviously extends to many more:

Steph(TOO SOON TO SAY))

Klay(WAYYYYYY TOO SOON TO SAY))

Davis(TOO SOON TO SAY)

Lillard-TOO SOON TO SAY)

WallTOO SOON TO SAY)

RoseTOO SOON TO SAY)

BlakeTOO SOON TO SAY)

Aldridge TOO SOON TO SAY)

Kawhi TOO SOON TO SAY)

etc, etc.

But yeah, only Kobe/Duncan/LeBron should be mentioned in that top 10 player of all time convo (at this point, emphasis on accolades + accomplishments). If you want to go strictly off of talent then the Durants and CP3s of the world have to be in the convo as well.

And that's fine too. You don't have to. Hence why I put "I speak for myself."

But, what I meant is if you have two great players, is one better than the other simply because of rings?

There's a totally different pressure that comes with playing in a 2nd round series and playing on the Finals stage. That's why TP winning Finals MVP means something to me. Same with MJ never going 7. They shined under the brightest of lights.

No man I said if you say coaching is 50/50 to players quest to get rings then maybe bad coaching has screwed some great players out of a ring over their career?

If so....then name the great players who were affected

Where did I mention Jerry Sloan or George Karl as bad coaches?

Coaching is 50/50, you acting like these all time greats were guaranteed titles since draft night

Every star isnt gonna win a title, the stars who won titles obviously had great coaching, saying jordan & duncan were gonna win rings regardless of the coach is clown talk

i dont even remember looking at the list of all the hall of famers when i visited like 5 years ago so who really cares who makes the hall

its def a cool place to check out though, lots of historic stuff on display 

what's easier, getting into the basketball hall of fame or getting your jersey retired by the kings? 

I think they should hounor great international players, If i want my kids to learn about the history of basketball they should see Yao Ming/Sabonis/Oscar Shmidt in there.

But Mitch Richmond?

Cmon now.

For me, rings definitely can propel or elevate a legacy. Shaq for instance. Robinson, Hakeem Ewing etc. are all All-Time centers but I view Shaq higher than them because of his rings. If Shaq only got 1 or 2 rings who knows where he would stack up, perhaps he wouldn't be above them in my eyes

Rings in the end aren't the end all and be all for me but they can definitely improve a legacy, I don't see how that makes sense that they don't elevate someone

Shaq was dominating since day 1, carried his team to the finals at 23, you're telling me with only 1-2 rings, he wouldnt be above robinson & ewing :rofl:

Shaq was dominating since day 1, carried his team to the finals at 23, you're telling me with only 1-2 rings, he wouldnt be above robinson & ewing
roll.gif
Maybe? I don't know considering we don't know what his production would have been if he didn't win more rings

Either way, I'm saying rings aren't the end all and be all

Hey kids this is one of the greatest most skilled centers in the history of basketball his career was cut short by injuries, and because of the soviet union he couldn't play in the NBA, he was one of the first big men shooting 3's.

Hey kids this is...Mitch Richmond...he made a couple..al star teams..

:smh:

There needs to be a separate thread for all this ring nonsense. Last 25 pages are a steaming trash heap.

I never get post like these? If you don't like the topic then post something and change it. Why do other people's conversations bother folks so much? Who reads through 25 pages of trash? Ha ha ha

Last edited:
There needs to be a separate thread for all this ring nonsense. Last 25 pages are a steaming trash heap.

I never get post like these? If you don't like the topic then post something and change it. Why do other people's conversations bother folks so much? Who reads through 25 pages of trash? Ha ha ha

Isn't he the guy that takes screenshots of posts and saves them on his hard drive? If so, then I think that answers your question.

2 days ago in this thread....Chris Paul slander

Come back to this thread 2 days later...still Chris Paul slander. Smh. Let the hate go.

Y'all still arguing about this 2nd round, WCF rings nonsense. I won't bite. This is exhausting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom