The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
skully 
laugh.gif
 almost 

garnet last time playing in bos?

The most annoying thing about the knicks is they don't even have a storied history.

2 championships while being in existence longer than every other franchise, sometimes in a league with like 10 franchises and only got 2? The history of the NBA could be told without ever mentioning the knicks and you wouldn't miss anything important.

Only 3 teams in the league have a storied history

Bro...I'm pointing out that it's a risk giving a 30 year old a max deal. Heard the same stuff when Gortat signed his. I'm not so much worried about his contract right now, but in years 4/5, it's gonna be a problem. Same can be said about Melo. I think he's going to be on that path.

Lebron is good enough that he could slide over as a full-time 4 and be one of the best in the league in his mid-30's with decling athleticism etc. He does MUCH more than score the ball and that's the biggest difference between the two. You can't compare Lebron at 30 to Melo at 30...even with Lebron having more wear/tear on his body.

I say yes giving the max to Gortat is a problem because well it's gortat and he isn't close to being an AS caliber player and he's a 7 Foot center which often see bigger declines. Giving the Max to Melo on the other hand isn't a bad idea when you have guys like Heyward, Rubio, Gordon, etc etc gettin 16-17 mil a year... that's the price you have to pay for a superstar

Bro...I'm pointing out that it's a risk giving a 30 year old a max deal. Heard the same stuff when Gortat signed his. I'm not so much worried about his contract right now, but in years 4/5, it's gonna be a problem. Same can be said about Melo. I think he's going to be on that path.

Lebron is good enough that he could slide over as a full-time 4 and be one of the best in the league in his mid-30's with decling athleticism etc. He does MUCH more than score the ball and that's the biggest difference between the two. You can't compare Lebron at 30 to Melo at 30...even with Lebron having more wear/tear on his body.

I say yes giving the max to Gortat is a problem because well it's gortat and he isn't close to being an AS caliber player and he's a 7 Foot center which often see bigger declines. Giving the Max to Melo on the other hand isn't a bad idea when you have guys like Heyward, Rubio, Gordon, etc etc gettin 16-17 mil a year... that's the price you have to pay for a superstar

If you're going to use the going rate in which guys get paid as the bar, then Gortat was paid accordingly to the market. Again, it all comes back to giving max deals to guys in their 30. There is more of a risk in doing this (as far as production towards the end of the deal) than there is in giving someone in their mid-20's the same.

The most annoying thing about the knicks is they don't even have a storied history.

2 championships while being in existence longer than every other franchise, sometimes in a league with like 10 franchises and only got 2? The history of the NBA could be told without ever mentioning the knicks and you wouldn't miss anything important.
Only 3 teams in the league have a storied history
I'm curious to see who you think this third team is.

No, not fat. Well sort of.
laugh.gif
But I just think he fits better (especially as he is aging) as a PF. But the Knicks don't really have a true SF on the roster, so I see the predicament.
He weighs like 230 right now......

He plays like a SF still. He barely posts up. Hes a SF bruh. Accept it.

Last edited:
That NY lifestyle being making these dudes feel more important than they are. Shump ain't grow due to health and an organization who don't know how to create players

Bruh, you say this like you are spitting knowledge or trying to clown someone.

Love is still a top PF. If his performance this season leads you to believe otherwise I don't know what game you are watching dude.
The man is a third option behind Lebron as one of those options.
They are fools for not getting him more touches in the paint or starting their offense there, but just because he gets less touches doesn't mean he's less of a player.

"where are all the people blah blah blah," 
Man chill

People were calling him Hands down the Best PF in the league last year because he put up gawdy stats on a trash team, that was never really competitive. He's always been NOTHING on defense. And so far this season he's become an afterthought on the team. There's points in the game where his presence isn't even felt on the court point blank period, you can't be in the discussion for best in the game because u put up stats and never won, and now your on a good team and you rarely have an impact.

You don't have to put up 20 & 10 to have a known impact on your team. I said he was overrated while he was on the wolves, And i'll continue to say he's overated until he proves he has any real value for Cleveland.

He isn't getting as many touches cool i recognize that... Why don't you focus on defense since u don't have to do as much on offense, Why are your rebounding #'s down by 4-5 boards a game, why don't you start to do the smaller things to help your team, Why don't you force yourself into good positions on the block considering you have one of the best passers in the world on your team??

The biggset question this year has been his Effort on the court that alone makes the asumption that he's the best laughable.

You pay Gortat that kind of money because of his role. His role is rare. He defends and can score. Him and Nene are a legit front court. Its not even to create chemistry and he has it with this team. Yall think yall can just pick and plug any good player into a team and it will work.

It doesn't work that way bruh.

If you're going to use the going rate in which guys get paid as the bar, then Gortat was paid accordingly to the market. Again, it all comes back to giving max deals to guys in their 30. There is more of a risk in doing this (as far as production towards the end of the deal) than there is in giving someone in their mid-20's the same.

That i completely agree with, when the talent level is the same.... had they let go of Melo and brought in a Heyward, Gordon, Smith etc etc for the max can you honestly say that would set them up better for the future?

Melo isn't Lebron/ KD level, but he's also not a player who comes along yearly, he's a special talent and although he's 30 i rather a 30 year old superstar/ then a 25 year old potential AS. The Nuggets planned their entire rebuild on that and are stuck in purgatory due to it.

Last edited:
That i completely agree with, when the talent level is the same.... had they let go of Melo and brought in a Heyward, Gordon, Smith etc etc for the max can you honestly say that would set them up better for the future?

Melo isn't Lebron/ KD level, but he's also not a player who comes along yearly, he's a special talent and although he's 30 i rather a 30 year old superstar/ then a 25 year old potential AS. The Nuggets planned their entire rebuild on that and our stuck in purgatory due to it.
Melo will be a better Pierce....

here is the statistical again curve the decline starts at 30 and gets worse every year

Player performance with age.
AGE CHANGE EXPECTED PERFORMANCE CHANGE FROM PREVIOUS SEASON
23 to 24 +2%
24 to 25 no change
25 to 26 -2%
26 to 27 -4%
27 to 28 -6%
28 to 29 -9%
29 to 30 -11%
30 to 31 -17%
31 to 32 -22%
32 to 33 -35%
33 to 34 -57%
34 to 35 -146%

the key issue is not the specific point in the player’s 20s where the peak occurs, but rather that performance after age 30 has a noticeable drop-off. In the player’s twenties the slope downward is quite gradual (and not something you would probably notice if you watched the player).

insider_agingcurves1_mh_576x324.jpg

Last edited:

Chicago even tho it was only one era but it was a legendary run
I figured thats what you were going to say. I cant really agree with that. Outside of the Jordan era the Bulls have been for the most part irrelevant. Dont hate me Bulls fans.

Pistons.
Still nah. I cant even rank teams for this, its the Lakers, Celtics, and them everyone else.

I figured thats what you were going to say. I cant really agree with that. Outside of the Jordan era the Bulls have been for the most part irrelevant. Dont hate me Bulls fans.

Still nah. I cant even rank teams for this, its the Lakers, Celtics, and them everyone else.
Lakers, Spurs, Boston, Miami, Spurs, Detroit.

My fault I thought Chicago was mentioned...but Bulls over Pistons...and the Spurs are right there.

Last edited:

here is the statistical again curve the decline starts at 30 and gets worse every year

Player performance with age.
AGE CHANGE EXPECTED PERFORMANCE CHANGE FROM PREVIOUS SEASON
23 to 24 +2%
24 to 25 no change
25 to 26 -2%
26 to 27 -4%
27 to 28 -6%
28 to 29 -9%
29 to 30 -11%
30 to 31 -17%
31 to 32 -22%
32 to 33 -35%
33 to 34 -57%
34 to 35 -146%

the key issue is not the specific point in the player’s 20s where the peak occurs, but rather that performance after age 30 has a noticeable drop-off. In the player’s twenties the slope downward is quite gradual (and not something you would probably notice if you watched the player).

insider_agingcurves1_mh_576x324.jpg

What's your take on the Knicks rebuild around Phil/Melo? Where do you see it going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom