The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may have been about 50/50 in the 90s; Lakers have always had a national following, only team to be relevant (contender) in every decade. 

It may have been about 50/50 in the 90s; Lakers have always had a national following, only team to be relevant (contender) in every decade. 

I can guarantee you it wasn't 50/50 in the 90s. Even in Southern California the Lakers didn't have nearly the following they have now. People across the country were not repping the Nick VanExcel, Vlade, Eddie Jones, Elden Campbell Lakers.

Not to mention, just as a practical matter, it was much harder to follow teams from outside your area back then. Much fewer games on TV, no Twitter, many fewer media outlets, etc.

Last edited:
LuBuna needs some guy to check him. There aint nobody in that organization that gunna say, "NO" to him. Pat Riley and wade were two guys that could.
gilbert damn near begged dude to come back and blatt, he wasn't brought in to coach lebron, but develop young guys

Last edited:
I can guarantee you it wasn't 50/50 in the 90s. Even in Southern California the Lakers didn't have nearly the following they have now. People across the country were not repping the Nick VanExcel, Vlade, Eddie Jones, Elden Campbell Lakers.
You talking a 3 year stretch from maybe 92/93 to 94/96. Went to the Finals at the beginning of the decade and got Shaq and Kobe and were a contender by the end of the decade. 

bron just gon be like 'i wasnt pushing him out of disrespect, i saw the fire in his eyes and i just didnt want our coach to get a tech right as we were digging ourselves out of a hole. No freebies. We need his leadership on the sidelines.'

then when he's on the phone caking with his boo dwade its just gon be 'maaaaaaaaaan **** that ***** bruuuh'

You talking a 3 year stretch from maybe 92/93 to 94/96. Went to the Finals at the beginning of the decade and got Shaq and Kobe and were a contender by the end of the decade. 

I get that and I don't deny that the Lakers have always had a bigger national following than other teams, but I'm fairly certain its gotten considerably bigger in the last 15 years. That's due to a combination of them winning 5 titles and the rise of the Internet/social media age.

Blatt shoulda busted out a cross faced crippler, Benoit style on Lasagna and made him tap out. lol

Or he shoulda just DDTed Lebron into the chair.

Last edited:
QFT

thats why the 'Fan loyalty" thread was pretty much pointless.

There's no sense in debating when the overwhelming consensus is essentially that of bandwagoning and "cheer for whomever you want to", which of course there is also some truth behind.

Always made me sad on my trips to Sacramento when, after about 2004, I started seeing more Lakers stuff for sale in the Sacramento Airport than Kings stuff. I'm hoping that's changing again, but I haven't been up there in a while.

I don't care if you're LeBron James or Matt Dellavedova, you have to respect your coach.

What does it say about you, the best player in the world, pushing your coach out of the way?

Lebron was saving Blatt from a Tech, as he told the media.

And plus, Lebron basketball IQ > Blatt's - and by a long shot. He doesn't have to show any extra love to a rookie coach has never proven himself in this league.

OKC is about to struggle @Houston tomorrow after having 6 days off. They needed the Knicks after a break like that.

I can‘t believe people are trying to excuse LBJ and his behavior. Pushing your coach in such a manner is a bad move. There were plenty of option routes for him. He didn‘t need to bully his coach that way. I wasn‘t joking when I said he was violent. That needs to stop.

giphy.gif

This gif always gets to me :lol:

And plus, Lebron basketball IQ > Blatt's - and by a long shot. He doesn't have to show any extra love to a rookie coach has never proven himself in this league.
No  way in HELL you would ever work for me.

If Bron thinks this is okay, he is a mental ******. Same with those who think it's okay.

Not pushing a guy out of the way like a little kid = showing "extra love" to him? OK.

I get that and I don't deny that the Lakers have always had a bigger national following than other teams, but I'm fairly certain its gotten considerably bigger in the last 15 years. That's due to a combination of them winning 5 titles and the rise of the Internet/social media age.
Yes it's gotten bigger, but Showtime is what established them as "America's team" in the 80s just the flare and way they played, plus Magic's larger than life personality. Even with MJ's ascention I don't think the Bulls ever took hold nationally until maybe the end of the 1st 3 peat then Mike bounced and came back. By that time Shaq signed with LA, drafted that high school kid and the buzz was back with the purple and gold. 

Definitely low EQ though.  Rookie coach or not, you cannot cross that line.  LBJ obviously crossed that line.  LBJ's leadership has to be on the court, and work ethics, definitely not this way.  His 'vacations' during the year and 'excuses' continues to VALIDATE the softness and competitiveness of himself and the league.

Nah it's a cardinal sin in basketball to overstep the coach
Coaches try to get the tech to rile the team up so they can perform better

This isn't something new for Bron, he did it to Spo too that first year, the Don probably checked his *** after the game. Nobody to do that here. 

Coaches get techs all the time and have more leeway from the refs than players do. If anyone is going to stop him, an assistant gets between the coach and the ref. No one just shoves a coach to the bench while he's talking to a ref.

Very blatant disrespect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom