The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
ESPN NT Finest 2.0 draft has been changed to to Monday 9 ET. There are still more spots available just PM me if you want in. Season is starting soon!

Damn Kobe's attitude is looking bad to me.

When asked If he thought the Lakers would make the playoffs this year he responds...

"I'd say yes but you guys are going to debate it anyway so what the hell does it matter"

He's like a grumpy old man.

I mean what did you want him to say....

Kobe believes he can take this Lakers team to the playoffs.
I concur, but...he's got a few young guys on his team that don't need to hear him doing interviews like that, period.

Now we're micro-analyzing player's "attitudes?"  Just when the dust settled with this BS about Randle.

Still not safe to come in here.  

Kobe believes he can take this Lakers team to the playoffs.
I concur, but...he's got a few young guys on his team that don't need to hear him doing interviews like that, period.
Come on bro, what point are you trying to make here

What do the young guys not need to hear exactly?

Yeah. If I was Kobe, I wouldn't want to talk about the Lakers either.

But I gotta give Lakers fans credit for having hope. The other day I was at my coffee shop and overheard a dude tell one of the cashiers, "we should be fine when the season starts because we're getting some people back. We'll have RYAN KELLY...so we'll be better than in summer league" (emphasis added).

All his interviews have an "F you media" attitude to them.Young guys don't need that.

Him saying Lakers could make the Playoffs was ok.

His attitude about it, his attitude.
Young guys see that and emulate it, it's natural, it's what you do when you look up to People.

I'm just not sure how an F you attitude to the media is all that detrimental. Not like he out there cursing at reporters or being obscene

Last edited:
This Champions Revealed: Spurs is awesome. If you're not doing anything, watch it.

I found it hilarious the way the spurs and pop were trying to plant the seed to under pay kawhi as soon as the finals ended and he won mvp (literally in the post game conference ). Glad he didn't fall for that crap

I'm off it.
When I'm the only guy that thinks the Lakers have a shot at the playoffs, the last thing I want to be boxed in on is a comment about What I think about Kobe's attitude.

You win Van Ho.
I digress my dude

Don't know if this has been talked about already or related, but is the NBA's League Pass worth getting? My house got struck by lightning and damaged everything electronic (tv, xbox, etc.) so I don't have a way to watch anything unless it's on my macbook. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
KG, Duncan, and Dirk were all in the best player discussion at various points in the past decade. Seems very silly to say AD can never be the best player in the league.

When exactly in the past decade were any of those names possible candidates for #1 guy?? Being the best at their position, maybe, but best in the L? Stop it 5

AD is nice. AD is not top 10 though.

I think if we all give JD and CP 5 reps(on their AD top3 comments) they will be happy.

Last edited:

Yeah. If I was Kobe, I wouldn't want to talk about the Lakers either.

But I gotta give Lakers fans credit for having hope. The other day I was at my coffee shop and overheard a dude tell one of the cashiers, "we should be fine when the season starts because we're getting some people back. We'll have RYAN KELLY...so we'll be better than in summer league" (emphasis added).

Gotta see how they pan out especially being in the West.

When exactly in the past decade were any of those names possible candidates for #1 guy?? Being the best at their position, maybe, but best in the L? Stop it 5
When Garnett put up 24 pts, 13.9 boards, 5 assists, 1.5 steals, and 2.2 blocks he wasn't in the running for being the best player in the league?  

Granted that was a little bit more than a decade, but he followed up that season by putting up similar numbers for the next 2-3 years. 

Last edited:
I agree. If Davis really is the 3rd best player in the league -- and a two way player at that -- then he should be able to get the Pelican's into the playoffs, despite how loaded the West is. Not to say that I don't think AD is great, I just agree that the 3 ranking is a little high right now. But whatever. At the end of the day any media generated rankings are basically meaningless and just designed to fill space and get people talking.
This sums it up.

AD has all the potential in the world but let's not elevate him automatically to the best big in the league yet

If he was the Pelicans would certainly make the playoffs with the talent he has on paper

However, player rankings are so subjective to begin with. Fruitless discussion really

When Garnett put up 24 pts, 13.9 boards, 5 assists, 1.5 steals, and 2.2 blocks he wasn't in the running for being the best player in the league?  

What year was that? Kevin love in 11-12 averaged 26, 13 and 2.....NOBODY mentioned him being in the running for the best in the L.

Hell, he averaged 26, 13 and 5 THIS YEAR, and wasn't even in the top 10.

Last edited:
Kevin Love doesnt impact a game the way prime Garnett did.  KG took that team to the conference finals.  And was first team all defense.  

See my edit as far as years ago.  The season I posted was 03-04.

Last edited:
Kevin Love doesnt impact a game the way prime Garnett did.  KG took that team to the conference finals.  And was first team all defense.  

See my edit as far as years ago.  The season I posted was 03-04.

wolves weren't winning **** back then bro. and that was still shaqs time.

KG, Duncan, and Dirk were all in the best player discussion at various points in the past decade. Seems very silly to say AD can never be the best player in the league.

KG was the best player in the league in '04.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom