The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
what's next??? tex winter overrated :lol:
nt so afraid to give anyone some credit

Last edited:
yeah rondo isn't coming off the bench :lol: i think they can figure it out with time. i'm not too worried there. there's some chemistry issues but the gameplan can be tweaked. cuban wasn't going to bring in rondo if rick didn't want him on board.

naw mavs still contenders

Nope, see above post.

Mavs literally have 0 chance of beating the Warriors/Grizz/Spurs/Blazers/Rockets in a 7 game series, 0.

Look at the record against good teams, especially after the Rondo trade.

Thibs put that defensive system in place for those guys to flourish, not Doc.

Thibs may not be "great" HC but you can't deny what those Celtics teams did on defense that year.
i believe in coaching and that coaching does make a huge difference but that Celtics team was stacked. They would've been successful with any decent coach. Spo is a great coach now because he won a few chips with the big 3.
No....
I do think thibs is better then doc. I remember docs awful Orlando teams and heard nothing about how good of a coach he was back then.

Never called either awful coaches cause they are good but just good. overrated by many calling them great...

Last edited:
Thibs put that defensive system in place for those guys to flourish, not Doc.

Thibs may not be "great" HC but you can't deny what those Celtics teams did on defense that year.
i believe in coaching and that coaching does make a huge difference but that Celtics team was stacked. They would've been successful with any decent coach. Spo is a great coach now because he won a few chips with the big 3.
No....
I do think thibs is better then doc. I remember docs awful Orlando teams and heard nothing about how good of a coach he was back then.

Never called either awful coaches cause they are good but just good. overrated by many calling them great...

bruh, he won coach of the year in orlando
dont get me wrong, i think he lucked out with kg and is an overrated coach and horrible GM

Last edited:
bruh, he won coach of the year in orlando
dont get me wrong, i think he lucked out with kg and is an overrated coach and horrible GM
George Karl won coach of the year and was fired the same year bro. I never heard people talking about great coaches at that time and docs name being mentioned..i don't remember that until after he won one chip with the big 3.

You right tho he did..
has he made the clippers that much better then when they had vdn????? Results?

Last edited:
Nope, see above post.

Mavs literally have 0 chance of beating the Warriors/Grizz/Spurs/Blazers/Rockets in a 7 game series, 0.

Look at the record against good teams, especially after the Rondo trade.
rick will make it work... you're right about the mavs against most of those teams but I'd give them a fighting chance against portland or houston

Sorry but, Doc Rivers is a GREAT coach...

OK. I'm interested to hear why you think that. He won ring and got to another Finals with a loaded team. Aside from that, his record as a coach isn't all that impressive.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have him over Vinny DelNegro, but I don't think he's elite.

Dominique Wilkins Shares Awesome Larry Bird Trash Talk Story
By James Herbert | NBA writer
February 9, 2015 2:05 pm ET

View media item 1393329
“One of the first times I ever played against him, I went out for the opening tip and I went to shake his hand. He just stood there and looked at me stone-faced with his hands behind his back,” Wilkins said recently.

“I was like, ‘Whoa.' Then we were getting ready for the tip and he says to me, ‘You don't belong in this league, Homes.' I couldn't believe it, but it happened so fast, I didn't know what to think.

“Then they had the ball and I was on him and he said, ‘I don't know why they got you guarding me, Homes. You can't guard me.' Then, whap, he hit a 3. Then he came down again and said, ‘They made a mistake putting you on me, Homes,' and he took another 3.”

Getting into the story, Wilkins began to act things out with his facial expressions.

“So now I'm hot,” he said. “I'm hot. I mean, I'm steaming.

“Then a little while later, I came down on a break and he was backpedaling. I just went right after him. I jumped up and he tried to challenge, but I took that right through the rim. He fell and hit the basket support.

“He got up and said, ‘I like you, rookie. You've got(guts).' I was happy for a second, and then he said, ‘But I'm still going for 40 on you tonight.' ”

He then paused the story, stepped back and smiled.

“But I got him,” Wilkins said. “He only scored 39.”

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25063798

Last edited:
Dominique Wilkins Shares Awesome Larry Bird Trash Talk Story
By James Herbert | NBA writer
February 9, 2015 2:05 pm ET

View media item 1393329
“One of the first times I ever played against him, I went out for the opening tip and I went to shake his hand. He just stood there and looked at me stone-faced with his hands behind his back,” Wilkins said recently.

“I was like, ‘Whoa.' Then we were getting ready for the tip and he says to me, ‘You don't belong in this league, Homes.' I couldn't believe it, but it happened so fast, I didn't know what to think.

“Then they had the ball and I was on him and he said, ‘I don't know why they got you guarding me, Homes. You can't guard me.' Then, whap, he hit a 3. Then he came down again and said, ‘They made a mistake putting you on me, Homes,' and he took another 3.”

Getting into the story, Wilkins began to act things out with his facial expressions.

“Then a little while later, I came down on a break and he was backpedaling. I just went right after him. I jumped up and he tried to challenge, but I took that right through the rim. He fell and hit the basket support.

“He got up and said, ‘I like you, rookie. You've got(guts).' I was happy for a second, and then he said, ‘But I'm still going for 40 on you tonight.' ”

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25063798
:lol: only got 39 :lol:

OK. I'm interested to hear why you think that. He won ring and got to another Finals with a loaded team. Aside from that, his record as a coach isn't all that impressive.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have him over Vinny DelNegro, but I don't think he's elite.

Perk is the key. He's never lost a series with a fully healthy Perk in the lineup. So what the Clips need to do is move DJ asap.

Perk is the key. He's never lost a series with a fully healthy Perk in the lineup. So what the Clips need to do is move DJ asap.

Also, to be clear, I am not blaming the team's current struggles on Doc (at least, not his coaching) and do not think they'd be better with a different Coach (except maybe Pop, Carlisle or Phil Jackson).

laugh.gif
"Homes"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom