The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chuck is basically bored being an analyst, which is why they have him calling games once in awhile. I definitely agree with whoever said Chuck basically uses 90's basketball logic and tries to apply it to today's game. Nobody uses analytics solely to build a team. But analytics definitely is useful. Look at what Morey has done, finding guys, Landry, Chuck Hayes and Parsons, among others. Trading for Lowry even though the Rockets had Skip. Look at Lowry now. Breaking the bank for Lin and Asik, and then flipping them. Applying stipulations to acquired draft picks then flipping them for a Harden. The Pelicans pick for Asik. Etc. Morey's track record is proven. Finding guys, then unloading them when the time is right. It hasn't equated to much Rockets success, but while everybody is tanking to revamp their rosters, the Rockets have built their teams while competing. When you think the Rockets are gonna be a bottom dweller, they're in the mix for the 8th seed, or in this case, a top 4 team in the West. Ain't one soul thought the Rockets would be this good, so far. However, on the flip side, when you think the Rockets are potential contenders, (Yao+Mac, Dwight+Harden last year) they end up as a 4-5 seed then flame out. So it goes.

The thing that people completely miss about the Rockets is how effectively they rebuilt without ever "rebuilding". They lost TMac and Yao to injuries. Instead of having to destroy and rebuild. They stayed in the playoff hunt the ENTIRE time while gathering enough assets to make a move for James Harden and Dwight Howard. Whether they win a chip or not, it's not easy to build a contender without lottery luck. Houston fans have been watching a competitive team every single year. A lot of that is due to Morey finding gems in FA, the draft, and trades.

If every philosophy was judged by whether you win it all, 95% of the league would be full of failures. It also ignores how much Miami/SAS/Dallas is into analytics and numbers. Nearly every single coach in the league is into numbers and advanced stats too.

great post from the both of you... totally agree

I'm sorry but half the time only reason I watch them Thursday games is to get to Inside. I'm not tryna get a real basketball breakdown at 1AM. I'm tryna laugh. I love the whole crew. Go ahead and put hardcore basketball dudes on there with no comedy and let's see how many people stay up to watch.

Last edited:
Dominique Wilkins is a doofus, hes almost as bad as Clyde Fraizer. Might as well get Clyde if we're just trying to perpetuate more nonsense

I like Nique calling my Atlanta games. Feel like he could give credit to the other team a bit more. But nique is cool to me. Guess others don't. Oh well everybody has their opinions.

Last edited:
TNT needs to fire those clowns. Those guys cant even graduate and do commentating. Put these guys in.

Bill Walton HOF Announcer
Shawn Kemp HOF Druggie
Allen Iverson HOF Coach Stresser
Dikembe Mutombo Guiness World Record for Tallest and Oldest Man

And last but not least..

Avery John HOF Pronouncer of RAW John Rondo.

Thatd be a cool panel.

Last edited:

doesnt hurt when okc gave them harden for free 
No way the Lakers win those 'ships if the Lakers don't land Gasol for free.. .. . At least the Rockets threw in some young dudes and a pick.
the griz needed to rebuild and they ended up getting an allstar DPOY out of it

okc was in the middle of the greatest era the franchise has ever seen and they gave away the 3rd best player for a bunch of scrubs 

I think Chuck is legitimately burned out. Having Shaq's dumb *** on that show has torpedoed the chemistry, and Chuck just isn't even trying anymore. Of course, it's really hard to make a point when the most common rebuttal from Shaq his him holding up four fingers.

Sad that TNT continues to trot out that foursome and think it's actually working (from a chemistry standpoint). Ernie used to never get mad at Chuck, but even he's been visibly irritated lately.

I find it funny some people love to criticize NBA media personalities :lol:

Some of yall sound jealous :lol:

Like who do some of yall like in the media?

Do some of yall realize how hard it is to constantly give unbiased credible analysis while having a personality?

Chuck needs to stay he adds all the entertainment value on the show...

Kenny on the other hand...

& in all likelyhood they'll replace Charles with grant hill if he does choose to not renew

I find it funny some people love to criticize NBA media personalities :lol:

Some of yall sound jealous :lol:

Like who do some of yall like in the media?

Do some of yall realize how hard it is to constantly give unbiased credible analysis while having a personality?

I understand all that and recognize its hard. I don't have any good suggestions for fixing the show either. All I know is that I don't find Inside the NBA nearly as entertaining as I used to. I just like to see what would happen if they shake things up with the personnel. Maybe it wouldn't be any better than it is now - but maybe it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom