The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you are forgetting the big a*}*# dead weights we were carrying in: perk, thabo, fisher and butler

Plus ibaka getting hurt last year

If healthy we know russ, kd and ibaka are playing 35-40 per playoff game.. It's surrounding them with the right guys

Roberson can be a starter with kanter's offensive ability countering his lack of offense

Then when we bring in offense guys, we'll have adams off the bench

Just remember when we went to the finals perk with a torn groin got 25 mins per.. Plus fisher getting his 20 plus mins in the playoffs as soon as he arrived :stoneface:

But, you went to the Finals with James Harden bruh :lol: . You have arguably a top 20-25 player in the league at that time. Trust me, I understand how bad those rotational guys were the last few seasons. But, you also had a 4th guy outside of your big 3 that was capable of stepping up big time. Maybe Waiters can be that guy? I doubt it, though. Maybe DJ? I have a hard time seeing a guy like Kanter being that guy to step up if he's matched up against Bogut or Gasol/Koufos in the playoffs on the road.

Its more about the type of defenses OKC will be looking at when looking at both GSW / MEM. Its going to be far from easy for both sides, butI think OKC needs to avoid those two teams if they make a deep run. I'm not sure if a hobbled KD, Russ, Ibaka and rotational players without playoff experience can win 4 out of 7 in those environments. Especially with how physical Memphis plays.

The question you got to ask is if those guys are mentally tough enough to handle a long drawn out series? Guys like Perk, Fisher, Butler didn't have the talent, but they were mentally tough enough to handle those games. What good is the talent if you going to be a mental ****** when the going gets tough? That's all I'm saying. I'll say Adams is pretty tough to handle it. Waiters, Kanter, Singler, Roberson? I'm not sure. DJ might be, but he has a history of playing terrible in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Rondo's production has been... underwhelming
Rondo is done. I'm surprised they didn't figure out how to guard him during the Celtics days. Just force him to be a scorer. That's it.
will always be funny how kobe would "guard" rondo by standing behind the freethrow line while rondo was above the 3 point arc in the finals 
laugh.gif

Looking forward to seeing how @bonafide hustla discounts this latest Westbrook performance. Probably will be the old "numbers versus a garbage team" angle, but maybe there's something else in store.
all his passes were actually very poorly missed shots

assists dont count as assists when westbrook enjoys scoring 

Don't even matter that they won...Dion Waiters' stat line looks downright awful.

14 points on 18 shots. Didn't get to the line once. 

Notice Bron's hairline came back after they got rid of Dion.

Turtle is the hero we deserve, and the one we need right now. He's putting up better numbers than Harden and Lebby playing 6 and 7 minutes a game less respectively. Steph is played similar minutes but Russ' still has better numbers across the board

The crown will be his soon. Between this last playoffs and the elevation he's taken his game to even more this season...we may have the successor to LBJ's reign.

The question you got to ask is if those guys are mentally tough enough to handle a long drawn out series? Guys like Perk, Fisher, Butler didn't have the talent, but they were mentally tough enough to handle those games. What good is the talent if you going to be a mental ****** when the going gets tough? T
lawd just stop. im sure their toughness made up for their horrible games...... oh wait....

Turtle is the hero we deserve, and the one we need right now. He's putting up better numbers than Harden and Lebby playing 6 and 7 minutes a game less respectively. Steph is played similar minutes but Russ' still has better numbers across the board

The crown will be his soon. Between this last playoffs and the elevation he's taken his game to even more this season...we may have the successor to LBJ's reign.

You know the fact that your singing his praises doesn't make it any more likely he'll sign with the Lakers some day.

But, you went to the Finals with James Harden bruh :lol: . You have arguably a top 20-25 player in the league at that time. Trust me, I understand how bad those rotational guys were the last few seasons. But, you also had a 4th guy outside of your big 3 that was capable of stepping up big time. Maybe Waiters can be that guy? I doubt it, though. Maybe DJ? I have a hard time seeing a guy like Kanter being that guy to step up if he's matched up against Bogut or Gasol/Koufos in the playoffs on the road.

Its more about the type of defenses OKC will be looking at when looking at both GSW / MEM. Its going to be far from easy for both sides, butI think OKC needs to avoid those two teams if they make a deep run. I'm not sure if a hobbled KD, Russ, Ibaka and rotational players without playoff experience can win 4 out of 7 in those environments. Especially with how physical Memphis plays.

The question you got to ask is if those guys are mentally tough enough to handle a long drawn out series? Guys like Perk, Fisher, Butler didn't have the talent, but they were mentally tough enough to handle those games. What good is the talent if you going to be a mental ****** when the going gets tough? That's all I'm saying.

Our biggest issue is the health of the 3 main guys..

Then we're already way better than what we've gotten out of perkins with both adams and kanter.. Mcgary and collison will get mins here and there but that depth is way better than what we've had in our bigs.. Don't forget we were resorting to thabeet when things went south, plus how horrible perk has been and all his injuries

Then really it's just going be going with the hot hand out of dj, morrow, waiters and singler with those guys.. And we should all know how horrible other guys have been in those spots, so the bar isn't very high

Literally taking brooks ability to rely upon certain guys is going to be huge for the thunder.. Like continuing to trot perkins out there while Funaki rots on the bench

He gonna snatch the crown off LeBaes head. He's on a mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom