The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even after dumping Perk, OKC still has Kanter, Ibaka, McGary, Funaki and Collison. That's some frontline depth right there.

I'm dyin at Nuggets players breaking the huddle with " ‘1-2-3 … six weeks!"

Fire Shaw
laugh.gif
Shaw reading books on how to relate to 20 somethings 
laugh.gif

He should resign and take an assistant position with the Hornets... be Stephenson's guru again

I think it was mentioned that lac had a top 5/10 defense the past two seasons. They don't any more. I got gsw/mem and then okc as a long shot for contenders

Clippers defense is improving though. I'd like to think that'll continue when Blake is back...(but I'm not sure it will :lol: )

Clippers defense is improving though. I'd like to think that'll continue when Blake is back...(but I'm not sure it will :lol: )

just out of curiosity, do folks still consider paul to be the elite defender he was in his NOLA/early clippers days? I've watched clippers games (due to having Griffin in fantasy) and their perimeter defense is suspect with and without CP3. i'm willing to attribute part of DJ's block stats to the fact that opponents are cleanly getting into the paint fairly often

[thread="608612"]Quote:[/thread]
I'm dyin at Nuggets players breaking the huddle with " ‘1-2-3 … six weeks!"

Fire Shaw :lol:
Shaw reading books on how to relate to 20 somethings :lol:

He should resign and take an assistant position with the Hornets... be Stephenson's guru again
There's no doubt in my mind when he gets canned, he's retreating to New York with Phil, Fish, Rambis, Cleamons.

Harden clearly took a lead in the MVP race today

I disagree. I think he had it before. Ive never heard of head to head matches determining an MVP until last year when people were doimg anything they could to get lebron the mvp.

Lebron is a better player than Harden. We all know this. So I don't see why it would have mattered if the rockets lost.

Brandon Bass just yammed it on Bogut :rofl: :wow:

I'm surprised a bunch of contenders didn't call Danny with a good offer for Bass. He's too solid

I actually think he Is consistently one of the most underated players in the league.

The MVP is the same as All Star Votes. It's a year-by-year thing, not a lifetime achievement award.

That being said, LeBron is nowhere near the most valuable player to his team. He's got a solid team with many great players around him.

Harden has carried the Rockets for 26 or 27 games without the #2 player on the team and they've maintained a top-3 record in an extremely competitive division.

Team success plays a large part in the argument to me as well, and the Cavs record isn't nearly as good as it should be to warrant any LeBron MVP discussion. Same with Russy and KD.

Its a Beard-Curry race. There's no comparison beyond that.

just out of curiosity, do folks still consider paul to be the elite defender he was in his NOLA/early clippers days? I've watched clippers games (due to having Griffin in fantasy) and their perimeter defense is suspect with and without CP3. i'm willing to attribute part of DJ's block stats to the fact that opponents are cleanly getting into the paint fairly often

Elite? No. But he's still pretty good. So many talented PGs out there, it's hard to stop that position. But CP generally makes the guys he's playing at least work hard.

CP isn't locking down his position, but no one is. So many guards (including himself) are so talented in pick and roll action, and it's become such a staple, that it's kind of hard to expect any point to be an elite defender, especially if he has to be an elite offensive player as well.

That being said, he still is pretty good at defending the ball.

@SherwoodStrauss: Draymond on enjoying his teammates this year: "This team will never be together again"

:nerd:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom