The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NBA isn't gonna have the option to flex the schedule every night. They have to create a schedule where 30 teams play 82 games each; there are nights where they aren't gonna have options to choose from.

That last GS/ATL game is one example where they did have the option but didn't. I'm not sure if teams still have national TV limits or what the number is; maybe GS is already close to it.

Last edited:
But you understand there are certain games that are more intriguing, and by pairing those teams together more entertainment usually follows.  

The games this season that I've seen televised haven't been too entertaining, and a lot of that hinges on a lack of star power, or by simply not having a plan to flex the schedule somewhat. 

There's no excuse for the game between Atlanta and Golden State to have been off of ESPN . 

College basketball in terms of scheduling seems to get it right year after year. The NBA could also do the same. 

Well, then you'll be happy to know that the next Atlanta-Golden State game got flexed in (on ESPN).

College gets it "right" because so many damn games are nationally televised. Every single effing Duke game is televised because it can be. You can't put every Warriors game on national TV because the NBA has a cap. You get 25 games, max, on national TV (ESPN/ABC/TNT). If a team has reached its max, they can't be flexed into any more. Even then, the NBA can't plan on all the injuries various stars have suffered this season. Then, there's the fact they have to sell people on something regarding League Pass.

There are a lot of variables beyond "this week's/month's/year's games are wack".

My dude Russell.

So now i see kd has no excuse. I thought maybe they just have booty barbers in okc...but dj still clean af. Who's cutting him up?

Use flex schedule like the NFL. And ESPN can flex NBA games. They've already done it multiple times this year.

For the 1,000th time: THEY CAN'T (like the NFL).

The NFL can move a Sunday afternoon game to Sunday night because they have 12 games to choose from after the byes are over. The NBA flexes when they can. but it's impossible to flex Thursdays when there are often only two games scheduled (or the third or fourth game is godawful anyway).

Tomorrow night ESPN got Phoenix @ Brooklyn on. While Cleveland @ Atlanta will not be on.
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom