The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
[table][tr][td]
Nine minutes. Two fouls. Zero points.

Those are the career stats for Royce White. Three different teams, three games played.

Plenty of players enter the league and only grab a cup of coffee on the way out, but rarely do those athletes depart with such unfulfilled expectations. At 6 feet, 8 inches tall and 270 pounds -- with legitimate point-forward skills -- White was essentially the unicorn of the 2012 draft class.

Of course, there were also concerns. White was dominant in his lone season at Iowa State, but his fear of flying and anxiety management were already well publicized. Those are the warning flags that cause a lottery talent to fall. Still, with the 16th pick in the draft, Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey felt the potential reward outweighed the risk.

In the end, White would never suit up for the Rockets. For as ill-equipped as White was to handle the rigors of an NBA season, you could say the league was equally unprepared for him.

White is currently out of the league and out of the spotlight, but a pair of recent tweets he sent indicate he's raring to give it another go:

[/td][/tr][/table]

The Milwaukee Bucks will use their stretch provision upon Larry Sanders.

The Bucks will pay Sanders in annual increments of $1.9 million over a seven-year period, which will also be applied to the Bucks' salary cap each season through the 21-22 season.

Sanders will collect about $22 million, or half of his original $44 million.

GERY WOELFEL/JOURNAL TIMES

TAGS: LARRY SANDERS, MILWAUKEE BUCKS, NBA, NBA MISC RUMOR

Living the life :smh:

He's right though he's a 4 that can shoot. He's so much more versatile than being strictly a stretch 4.
:frown:
I dunno why he doesn't just be a regular PF. To good of an offensive rebounder to just be roaming the perimeter. It's not all his fault. His coach can't seem how to get the most out of him. For whatever reason. Use to think he had a really good post game. He can play with his back to the basket in this league just isn't doing it. He def has a good shot tho. But he's better than that. I don't really see him as a big hustler either. Which should be a player like him #1 intangible since he isn't really athletic.

Last edited:
I don't blame blatt for that. The few times I've seen love post up this year it's been a mess.

Last edited:
I'm of the belief no PF can flourish in the post with a LeBron led team. Those driving lanes have to be left open and lebrons passing is best utilized on the drive and kick with shooters on the wing....

Same thing happened to bosh, with each year with Miami he moved further away from basket until he became a stretch 4...

Turned it to the Cavs game twice within 5 mins and caught lebron complaining to the refs both times. Talking bout dude hit him in the chest while he was shooting a 3.

Last edited:
wait...royce is back in the league :nerd:

thought he didnt want to travel by plane.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom