The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

People that refuse stats = people that overrely on stats.

You still look ridiculous.

Anything more than Ppg, APG, and RPG, and you're a stat nerd who watches box scores instead of actual games. I thought you knew this.
I pretty much agree (pretty sure you're joking, but i'm dead serious); not with the nerd stuff but the PPG, APG, RPG.
Throw in steals and blocks and I'm set on stats. I've been watching basketball long enough to have seen Mike play in person (not that bs with Washington) and I have no idea what most of this other stuff is. if I can't figure it out by adding then dividing, i'm straight. 

Last edited:
whats the general definition of rival then? I take it to mean, in sports, that we're roughly on the same level and talent when we compete against each other. Teague is just now putting all of his skills together. 4 years ago dude was nothing. It was cake for d.rose to walk all over him. Teague is in his peak now. it'd be like gassing up cp3 cooking mike conley in those early years when mike was absolutely atrocious. You just gotta wave those off. Whatchu doing today bruh.
I'm not calling Teague an actual rival for Rose. I'm saying he was a rival for that Playoff series as a point guard. Plus Jeff Teague played well that series, he still got cooked by Rose though.

that lowkey be the thing that kills me. when we're having a debate or convo and somebody reaches all the way back in time to prove a point. so rose cooked teague one sunday 4 yrs ago. lol. ay remember that time a.i. crossed jordan? lawd he got in his *** that game.
Okay, but he asked if a rival point ever cooked him. This is the type of question that you have to go back in time to prove the point. :smh:

whats the general definition of rival then? I take it to mean, in sports, that we're roughly on the same level and talent when we compete against each other. Teague is just now putting all of his skills together. 4 years ago dude was nothing. It was cake for d.rose to walk all over him. Teague is in his peak now. it'd be like gassing up cp3 cooking mike conley in those early years when mike was absolutely atrocious. You just gotta wave those off. Whatchu doing today bruh.
you aint watch a lick of that series to call teague a nobody & say it was a cake walk teague played great & the hawks very well wouldve been swept if it wasnty for his hoopin...

Adding and Dividing 
laugh.gif

you aint watch a lick of that series to call teague a nobody & say it was a cake walk teague played great & the hawks very well wouldve been swept if it wasnty for his hoopin...
Exactly.Teague was averaging like 15 pts a game for that series.

that lowkey be the thing that kills me. when we're having a debate or convo and somebody reaches all the way back in time to prove a point. so rose cooked teague one sunday 4 yrs ago. lol. ay remember that time a.i. crossed jordan? lawd he got in his *** that game.
Okay, but he asked if a rival point ever cooked him. This is the type of question that you have to go back in time to prove the point. :smh:

oh word? tell me more.

Player Age G GS MP TOV MP PTS TRB AST STL BLK

3 Jeff Teague 22 6 6 229 7 38.1 14.8 2.8 4.2 1.0 0.5

Last edited:
In the 2010-2011 season Jeff Teague was in his 2nd NBA season and averaging 5ppg and 2apg. Only started 7 games. Rose was averaging 25ppg(career high) and 8apg. In 2014-2015 Teague is averaging 17ppg 7apg.

learned to keep things simple a long time ago. yall can have the rebound%, assist%
You realize that's simple adding and dividing too, right?

Last edited:
its not that people dont understand what this stuff is, its just that no one cares

Raises hand.

I don't knock advanced analytics the way people like Charles Barkley does; its just not something I care to get into. But if other people are into it, great.

learned to keep things simple a long time ago. yall can have the rebound%, assist%
You realize that's simple adding and dividing, just in a different way, right?
Rebound% - an estimate of the percentage of available rebounds a player grabbed while he was on the floor.

Offensive Win Shares- an estimate of the number of wins contributed by a player due to his offense.

VORP- a box score estimate of the points per 100 possessions that a player contributed above a replacement -level (-2.) player, translated to an average team and prorated to an 82 game season.

edit: Multiply by 2.7 to convert to wins over replacement.

yeah I'm straight

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom