The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
@EthanJSkolnick: David Blatt on getting Cavaliers to buy in: "Despite me being one of the most experienced coaches in the world, I still came over here new."

:stoneface:

lol that arrogance that just gets abosirbed by anyone near bron

This is going to be a huge blow to Wiz if they lose this game.

.......and I want to see it happen

I'm on this root against Lowry, Wall, Lillard kick simply because those tarts who were putting them in the same category or ahead of CP3.

Stay healthy guys, but lose every night 

Sarcasm isn't being picked up bros? Wiz Kids are fraud like I said weeks ago. We even lost to the Bulls. THE BULLS!

Last edited:
Always entertaining to see jalen suck up to guys like magic and kobe when they are guests while they pay jalen no mind because he was a scrub

Grant land is just a huge circle jerk, adding pointless fluff to things people already know and presenting it as journalism. Bill Simmons and his homerism is the best part of grant land, since it's the only aspect of the site that seems down to earth. Zach Lowe is a joke. Props to one hit wonder goldsberry for actually making a career out of recycling the same shooting chart for every article he writes. All the pop culture stuff is stuck up garbage.

Zach Lowe is a joke?
laugh.gif

His columns are thoughtful and insightful and his NBA knowledge is second to none.

Always entertaining to see jalen suck up to guys like magic and kobe when they are guests while they pay jalen no mind because he was a scrub

Grant land is just a huge circle jerk, adding pointless fluff to things people already know and presenting it as journalism. Bill Simmons and his homerism is the best part of grant land, since it's the only aspect of the site that seems down to earth. Zach Lowe is a joke. Props to one hit wonder goldsberry for actually making a career out of recycling the same shooting chart for every article he writes. All the pop culture stuff is stuck up garbage

View media item 1217667
View media item 1429399

Last edited:

+ Knight, Saunders, - Mcw, Bucks were going to be a nice lil' playoff team
The're 4-7 since that trade.W/ wins coming against Denver, Philly, Washington, and Orlando.

Luckily for them the East is so bad that they aren't in danger of missing the playoffs.

I've been using vorp, win shares, war, turnover percentage, efg%, wins produced, adjp48, etc. good for adding that different take to a player's worth or when comparing two guys.
I personally think that there is too much to quantify in determining wins added.

Does Lebrons win shares take in account adding love, a rookie coach and the overall trash levels of the east? I just don't understand how you can put a number on his value with so many variables.
reasonable.

i like to use advanced stats as guides to see year over year growth in a player and quantify who's having the better year when the other numbers are pretty even.

first and foremost i go to the classics, ppg, rpg, apg, fg%, tpg, then from there expand if necessary.
thought the other post was sarcasm. see that you're serious now. you got a job related to sports? honestly can't figure out how people can look at some of those things and take something meaningful away from them. how do you a quantifiable number on a player's defense to determine defensive win shares? If you like that though, cool......

Grant land is just a huge circle jerk, adding pointless fluff to things people already know and presenting it as journalism. Bill Simmons and his homerism is the best part of grant land, since it's the only aspect of the site that seems down to earth. Zach Lowe is a joke. Props to one hit wonder goldsberry for actually making a career out of recycling the same shooting chart for every article he writes. All the pop culture stuff is stuck up garbage.

Pretty much all of this is off except Simmons being a homer.

I agree with Grant land being a huge circle jerk. You took the words right out of my mouth TBH. 

Jalen was no scrub though G. You musty

[QUOTE url="/t/608612/2014-2015-nba-regular-season-thread-is-chris-paul-the-best-player-to-never-win-mvp-mem-was-at-7-00-pm-and-cle-sas-at-9-30-pm-on-tnt/89490#post_22874996"]
Posted by JohnnyRedStorm 

I've been using vorp, win shares, war, turnover percentage, efg%, wins produced, adjp48, etc. good for adding that different take to a player's worth or when comparing two guys.

I personally think that there is too much to quantify in determining wins added.

Does Lebrons win shares take in account adding love, a rookie coach and the overall trash levels of the east? I just don't understand how you can put a number on his value with so many variables.
reasonable.

i like to use advanced stats as guides to see year over year growth in a player and quantify who's having the better year when the other numbers are pretty even.

first and foremost i go to the classics, ppg, rpg, apg, fg%, tpg, then from there expand if necessary.
thought the other post was sarcasm. see that you're serious now. you got a job related to sports? honestly can't figure out how people can look at some of those things and take something meaningful away from them. how do you a quantifiable number on a player's defense to determine defensive win shares? If you like that though, cool......
[/quote]I'm a sports writer. I need to show evidence to prove the points I'm making :lol: if I didn't write I probably wouldn't care about that stuff.

Zach Lowe is a joke? :lol:

His columns are thoughtful and insightful and his NBA knowledge is second to none.

Yeah, IDK how anyone can hate Lowe. He's always balanced, never biased, covers every team, gives you insight into what they're actually doing and why it's working. Learned a ton from reading him. Maybe that's why people hate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom