The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawdog's law 
pimp.gif

Catchy. I'll have to make something up.
throw something in about Y2k 

:lol: I know they are better. Just trollin
unlike u I say good things about the dubs, as well as every other good team besides cleveland. while u just trash the hawks. for what reason I dunno.
say something nice about Sacramento.

"The absolute best part about being in Sacramento is in about an hour an half The Rock is going to Leave Sacramento"

Classic Moment

Sorry couldn't help myself :lol:

got news for ya, hawks aren't going anywhere anytime soon. This is year 2 into a 5 year plan. We already ahead of schedule and gonna end up with the #1 seed this season and got a 2015 lottery pick coming.
if the hawks choke and dont beat the cavs ima be pissed. need them to be  loaded to beat the cavs for the next few years.... 

Last edited:
Sixers killing me by beating the Knicks :smh:

Brett Brown gonna be great though :pimp:

Noel starting to flourish too so he will be traded on draft night

Last edited:
if the hawks choke and dont beat the cavs ima be pissed. need them to be  loaded to beat the cavs for the next few years.... 
Wouldn't really consider it choking if they lose in the ECF to cleveland. Not like the hawks were even picked to get that far by the so called "experts" Vegas still has cleveland heavily favored over atlanta. I know the Hawks at full strength can beat Cleveland in a 7 game series tho. No doubt in my mind. Whether they do it or not remains to be seen.

Wouldn't really consider it choking if they lose in the ECF to cleveland. Not like the hawks were even picked to get that far by the so called "experts" Vegas still has cleveland heavily favored over atlanta. I know the Hawks at full strength can beat Cleveland in a 7 game series tho. No doubt in my mind. Whether they do it or not remains to be seen.

Do you think it will go 7 games?

Griz Game Day: Green asked for move to bench

Tony Allen found out about his change of address in the Grizzlies’ rotation Thursday at practice.
“I was kind of shocked,” Allen said.

Fans might be even more surprised to learn that Jeff Green asked Coach Dave Joerger to move him to the bench so that Allen could go back in the starting lineup.

Green talked to Marc Gasol and Vince Carter first. Green then took his request to Joerger after the team’s road loss to the Detroit Pistons on Tuesday night.

“He said he’d think about it,” Green said of Joerger’s response.

Joerger didn’t think long. He made the switch and it’s permanent as the Griz try to keep a firm grip on the No. 2 seed in the Western Conference.

Joerger conceded what the eye test and advanced statistics have said from the day the Griz acquired Green from Boston in a January trade. Green is a net negative with the starting unit and his skill set works best with the second group.

Green’s athleticism is better suited with the bench because it plays faster and in a flow compared to the starters, whose success is predicated on strict sets and pounding the ball inside. Green’s problem, which wasn’t his doing, was also that he struggled to find driving lanes with Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph clogging up the paint.

Green is an effective post-up player, too, and how was he supposed to get those opportunities as a starter?

“I always had that conversation with Tayshaun (Prince), too,” Joerger said when asked about how to get Green going offensively. “I’m always for whatever adjustment that needs to be made throughout the game. This is a good step for (Green) to find a little freedom. It’ll still be the same amount of minutes.

Joerger said the lineup change will be liberating for Green and another challenge for the coach.

“It can be relieving mentally for him. It’s a little harder for me. I had the rotation kind of nice in a coach’s mind. I could start him at small forward, take him out and bring him back at power forward. It was a nice little dance. It’s going to take me a little while to figure out some things on this deal.”

Green sounded comforted by the decision.

“The flow was there,” Green said after the Dallas win. “I’m going to end up playing with those guys in the starting unit anyway. But it’s good for myself because now I can be more aggressive. I don’t have to worry about getting Marc and Zach involved. By the time I get in they’ve already been involved. It’s on me to just go in be aggressive and try to score."

Green admitted he was pressing.

“I did,” Green said. “When you have those All Stars on the team, you want to get them the ball. Now, I don’t have to think about it. I can just do what I do and try to score.”

Give credit to Allen who encouraged Green the whole time. Allen kept insisting that he would play whatever role the coaches wanted. Still, there is no denying the chemistry that exists with the core four – Mike Conley, Allen, Randolph and Gasol – along with Courtney Lee.

“I know those guys’ tendencies,” Allen said. “I know when Marc and Z-Bo are tired sometimes and they want to pass the ball. I know how to read Mike Conley once he runs out of his options coming off pick and rolls. I know how to read all of those guys.”

Joerger has spent his entire NBA career with the Griz. So he knows when to go with what works, too, when it’s all said and done.

Every game day we’ll clue you in on a few buzzy items dealing with the Griz and their opponent.
http://www.commercialappeal.com/sports/grizzlies/griz-game-day-green-asked-for-move-to-bench

Nerlens Noel is a textbook example of how dumb NBA teams can be.

He was the best HS prospect.

He was a better defensive player at Kentucky than Anthony Davis was.

He has the most obviously translatable NBA skill-set.

and 5 ****** teams couldn't wait one year to get the best defensive prospect of this generation. :smh:

i think greg oden's injury may have scared teams off from big men with injury problems. then again, philly took emibiid so who knows.

Nerlens Noel is a textbook example of how dumb NBA teams can be.

He was the best HS prospect.

He was a better defensive player at Kentucky than Anthony Davis was.

He has the most obviously translatable NBA skill-set.

and 5 ****** teams couldn't wait one year to get the best defensive prospect of this generation. :smh:

Philly wasn't planning on being good for 3-5 years anyway

I think the pressure to be good right now for a GM is important to job security

Last edited:
i think greg oden's injury may have scared teams off from big men with injury problems. then again, philly took emibiid so who knows.

greg oden was injured in HS and college and ran like my 55 year old uncle AND they bulked him up to 280+. :lol:

Nerlens had no history of injury, incredibly smooth athletic runner, and was and is never going to get as heavy as Oden.

The Cavs and Wiz looked crazy that draft night :lol:

Top 3 in the draft was really clear from the Jump IMO Nole ,Oladipo & Len

Last edited:
I'd find it more excusable in another draft class when there were obvious options like last year when Embiid went 3.

but especially in a weak draft class like 2013.

So dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom