The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curry is gonna win the MVP as youve said. Hes a pure shooter, clean, and charismatic. Harden has to earn his fame at the line. Curry does it effortlessly with his Skills. I would vote for Curry any day.

rude. I'm asking a question.

87% FT FG 44% 3 point 37%= don't mean **** cause he's still the MVP

elbow.gif

Repped, bro. You have been handling the Ls on this trip like a man. Respect.

Wizards played like garbage the last 2 games. 3rd quarter tonight was a embarrassment. Bigs played small and made 0 impact. Losing the way we have is a effort and heart thing. Which falls on Wall as the leader. Very disappointed in DC right now. I can accept the loss but not like that.

Last I checked Rockets still have a top 4 record right? Curry being able to sit out all those quarters is a testament to how good the rest of the Warriors are. Rockets don't have that luxury with beard. And their 2nd best player has been out mossy of the season and they've not missed a beat.

I don't think the voting will be nearly as close as Kobe-CP3 voting was in 2008.

Last I checked Rockets still have a top 4 record right? Curry being able to sit out all those quarters is a testament to how good the rest of the Warriors are. Rockets don't have that luxury with beard. And their 2nd best player has been out mossy of the season and they've not missed a beat.

That's how I look at it. And if you look at that list of MVP's over the last 6-7 years, those guys have had similar impacts on their team. It seems to me people are basically saying Curry deserves MVP because his team is so good. :lol: I'm just going by what I consider to be more impressive from an individual standpoint. If you are able to lead your team with a average supporting cast to a top 4 seed in the West, you deserve very high consideration. Not only has Dwight been out, but Harden missed other starters at various times throughout the season. GSW has been relatively healthy all year long.

I just think it depends on what you value the most when looking at the award. If we are talking about the Most Valuable Player, I'm looking at how valuable the player is to his team and how dependent a team is on that player for their success. I see that a lot more with Houston and Harden than I do with Curry and the Warriors.

If Harden doesn't win it straight up, then it they should make it a Co-MVP with Harden and Curry. Its really hard to argue Curry getting the award over Harden considering his circumstances this season. Also, for whoever said you cannot really just look at 'per game stats', why not? I felt like those per game stats had a lot to do with previous MVP's :lol: . I'm also pretty sure other MVP candidates had great teams that blew teams out early on, but they still put up elite level numbers (i.e. leading the league in scoring, rebs, asts, etc).

Last edited:

This goes back to the definition of the MVP. Now, if the most valuable player can do his thing and sit, then that says something. Harden has never been known to better guys around him or distribute, and I think people and basketball peeps see this. I agree with what you‘ve said though, but Curry is playing like Nash in those MVP years. His handling, shooting is by far ahead of his peers. Now if he developed more hard noae defense, in which the league favors against, it‘s a different story. Tomorrow will be a great matchup.

Now that Nash has sunset, a rising HOF emerges.

LOL at artests elbow though.

Yeah, and Curry is the driving force behind those huge leads. The Warriors' offense does not function well when he sits.

Harden is deserving too, they both are. Saying it's "not close" is silly.

Last edited:
That's how I look at it. And if you look at that list of MVP's over the last 6-7 years, those guys have had similar impacts on their team. It seems to me people are basically saying Curry deserves MVP because his team is so good. :lol: I'm just going by what I consider to be more impressive for an individual standpoint. If you are able to lead your team with a average supporting cast to a top 4 seed in the West, you deserve a very high consideration. Not only has Dwight been out, but Harden missed other starters at various times throughout the season. GSW has been relatively healthy all year long.

I just think it depends on what you value the most when looking at the award. If we are talking about the Most Valuable Player, I'm looking at how valuable the player is to his team and how dependent a team is on that player for their success. I see that a lot more with Houston and Harden than I do with Curry and the Warriors.

If Harden doesn't win it straight up, then it they should make it a Co-MVP with Harden and Curry. Its really hard to argue Curry getting the award over Harden considering his circumstances this season.

Then what about Harden as the 3rd option during his OKC years? Being thr first option doesnt really mean ypur the MVP, but I get the argument. It‘s subjective, but the edge seems to favor Curry.

This goes back to the definition of the MVP. Now, if the most valuable player can do his thing and sit, then that says something. Harden has never been known to better guys around him or distribute, and I think people and basketball peeps see this. I agree with what you‘ve said though, but Curry is playing like Nash in those MVP years. His handling, shooting is by far ahead of his peers. Now if he developed more hard noae defense, in which the league favors against, it‘s a different story. Tomorrow will be a great matchup.

Now that Nash has sunset, a rising HOF emerges.

LOL at artests elbow though.

What? Steph is averaging .8 more assists/game than James.

He's shooting 48% not even above the magical 50% line. The rest of the post is incoherent.

And damn a per 36 when Russ is putting up crazy numbers in 3 qtrs or less damn near every night now.

Even as a Warriors fan, I dont necessarily believe Curry is the clear MVP.

But if THIS is finally the year that the voters decide to stop giving the MVP to the best player on the best team, I am going to be pissed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom