The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question...

If you are the Grizz, do you give a 30 year old Marc Gasol a max contract for 4/5 years considering he inconsistently shown the fire to actually be the leader? Considering how he fell off as a #1 option after the first two months of the season, it kinda worries me that we are more than likely going to lock him for another 4-5 years making $18-20M only for him to average 15-17ppg and 7-8rpg. Granted, his rim protection brings huge value, but the Grizz will need some sort of perimeter help next to Conley if they want to remain relevant over the next 3-4 seasons. They will also need an athlete up front or stretch 4 that could move Zbo to a reserve role similar to David Lee.

I hope we move on from Courtney Lee this offseason via trade. Hopefully, open up some time for Jordan Adams and see what he can bring to the table. It would be nice to move TA and Zbo to permanent reserve roles and insert scorers/athletes into the starting unit with Conley / Green / Gasol.

Last edited:
Serious question...

If you are the Grizz, do you give a 30 year old Marc Gasol a max contract for 4/5 years considering he inconsistently shown the fire to actually be the leader? Considering how he fell off as a #1 option after the first two months of the season, it kinda worries me that we are more than likely going to lock him for another 4-5 years making $18-20M only for him to average 15-17ppg and 7-8rpg. Granted, his rim protection brings huge value, but the Grizz will need some sort of perimeter help next to Conley if they want to remain relevant over the next 3-4 seasons. They will also need an athlete up front or stretch 4 that could move Zbo to a reserve role similar to David Lee.

I hope we move on from Courtney Lee this offseason via trade. Hopefully, open up some time for Jordan Adams and see what he can bring to the table. It would be nice to move TA and Zbo to permanent reserve roles and insert scorers/athletes into the starting unit with Conley / Green / Gasol.

Yes.

Serious question...

They almost have to

Ain't nobody coming to Memphis on their free will

I understand NBA takes a back seat in popularity.
I'm just pointing out what I grew accustomed to from FirstTake in past years, and it's mostly NBA this time of year.
IF their rating are good who cares about me but, they lost me.
Next.

bc nba is probably the third most popular sports among fans in this country.
dont get me wrong i like basketball in general, but do prefer nfl, mlb over the nba if i had a choice.
I agree. NFL is clearly America's game today. No way around that. I think alot of people are on the fence with the MLB and NBA. I just thought it has been a bit excessive the coverage the NFL offseason has gotten on there here lately.

Last edited:
I understand NBA takes a back seat in popularity.
I'm just pointing out what I grew accustomed to from FirstTake in past years, and it's mostly NBA this time of year.
IF their rating are good who cares about me but, they lost me.
Next.
That's all I'm saying too.

CBrLgDgUsAADTGh.png

Clarkson going 13-31 next game.

Lol
Right right.
Sounds like a fade tonight eh

I agree with that. I think if Memphis let Marc walk and re-signed Koufos, we would struggle to even remain in the playoff picture. I just want to see our offense move more into the modern day NBA to give us more balance. Its hard to do that when your two main options are big men. No knock on Zbo, but I think it would be best to move him to the bench for that reason. Not exactly sure who they could bring in to start next to Marc, though. Maybe Amir or B Wright?

Well right now on First Take they're talking about "the 5 teams that won't return to the playoffs next year - bengals, lions, panthers, cowboys and broncos " lol ridiculous.

Last edited:
Code:
I agree. NFL is clearly America's game today. No way around that. I think alot of people are on the fence with the MLB and NBA. I just thought it has been a bit excessive the coverage the NFL offseason has gotten on there here lately.

Gambling, fantasy and America's seeming enfatuation with violence is why football is the most popular sport. Plus, it's easier to follow because it's only one game a week for each team. Given all those factors, I don't see the NBA or MLB catching up.

I agree with that. I think if Memphis let Marc walk and re-signed Koufos, we would struggle to even remain in the playoff picture. I just want to see our offense move more into the modern day NBA to give us more balance. Its hard to do that when your two main options are big men. No knock on Zbo, but I think it would be best to move him to the bench for that reason. Not exactly sure who they could bring in to start next to Marc, though. Maybe Amir or B Wright?
i would be HEATED if I were Z-Bo and the person you told me that was starting in front of me was either Amir or B Wright.

Well right now on First Take they're talking about "the 5 teams that won't return to the playoffs next year - bengals, lions, panthers, cowboys and broncos " lol ridiculous.

Bruh.
Straight redic.
You think NT rehashes the same subjects, watch FirstTake for a week.
Hell, it's 2 hours, and the second hour they go BACK over the topics from the first hour.

Done, redic man.(non NBA too)
Talk Radio > whatever else is out there.

i would be HEATED if I were Z-Bo and the person you told me that was starting in front of me was either Amir or B Wright.

It wouldn't be because those guys were better than him, though :lol: . Its just about having better balance in your starting 5 and on the bench. B Wright gives you additional rim protection and allows Marc to be more of a focal point. Its one of the reasons why I wanted us to keep Ed Davis. Memphis always talk about this Spurs approach to things, but they never take the right steps into becoming the Spurs.

I like the NFL as much as the next person just don't wanna hear about it all year round non stop. And i like the NFL better than any other sport myself.

Bruh.
Straight redic.
You think NT rehashes the same subjects, watch FirstTake for a week.
Hell, it's 2 hours, and the second hour they go BACK over the topics from the first hour.

Done, redic man.(non NBA too)
Talk Radio > whatever else is out there.
They're not getting my eyes and ratings with that BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom