The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would've loved to see the wb, kd, serge, kanter thunder tho. Kanter could've been the difference maker... But russy needs to rest man do the right thing, go fishing with the fiance. Let the pelicans get in.

This. Management is in shambles. Until Lakers get some goddamn talent, no one is coming here. Besides probably rondo :x :smh:

I think it's going to have to work like how the team was built back up in the mid-1990s. Get enough talent through the draft that they can start competing for a playoff spot, then maybe they'll be able to attract a big FA again. Hopefully Randle is good. And Clarkson's looking like he might be the new generation Nick VanExcel

They had Jerry Buss and Jerry West Back in the 90s. Now they have jim Jeanie and mitch.

Didn't Magic win one of his rings before he supposedly got his coach fired? As a rookie?

And I'm pretty sure Kobe himself knocked Shaq for not being serious enough. That's part of the reason he wanted Shaq out of LA, even #afterrings

Last edited:
Kinda "meh" right now as a Wizards fan. On one hand, I'm happy we're in the playoffs, but on the other, this season was a dud. For a minute, eclipsing 50 wins wasn't out of the realm of possibility. Then Wittman started to do Wittman things.

While I want the team to do as well as possible, I fear that any sort of sustained run in the playoffs...meaning a series win, or beyond, all but assures that both Wittman and Grunfeld will be retained.

It seems to be obvious to the fanbase and national media (not so much local) that changes are needed throughout the front office and the coaching staff. This team has pieces. Pieces that could win 50+ games if the offense is opened up. Wall/Beal are truly being held back by inept coaching and I hope this is recognized by those in charge of hiring/firing.

While I'd be happy with a first round win, I'd also be a bit uneasy due to the idea that we'll have the same coaching staff as well as EG most likely back in the fold.

What's the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Welp, that's the Wizards in a nutshell if they don't change things up.

Fascinating facts

nthat.gif

Kinda "meh" right now as a Wizards fan. On one hand, I'm happy we're in the playoffs, but on the other, this season was a dud. For a minute, eclipsing 50 wins wasn't out of the realm of possibility. Then Wittman started to do Wittman things.

While I want the team to do as well as possible, I fear that any sort of sustained run in the playoffs...meaning a series win, or beyond, all but assures that both Wittman and Grunfeld will be retained.

It seems to be obvious to the fanbase and national media (not so much local) that changes are needed throughout the front office and the coaching staff. This team has pieces. Pieces that could win 50+ games if the offense is opened up. Wall/Beal are truly being held back by inept coaching and I hope this is recognized by those in charge of hiring/firing.

While I'd be happy with a first round win, I'd also be a bit uneasy due to the idea that we'll have the same coaching staff as well as EG most likely back in the fold.

What's the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Welp, that's the Wizards in a nutshell if they don't change things up.
The Wizards situation has to be the weirdest situation in the league right now. The definition of stuck in limbo. 

I'm also in agreement that if the Wizards make it out the first round both Wittman and Grunfeld stay, I'd go as far as to say that if they make it 6 games against the Raptors (Pre ASW Idk who I would have picked to win, but now I have Raptors in 6) then they're sticking around. Its not for the benefit of the franchise if either stays, even moreso both. 

I would hope they both get fired barring some sort of ECF miracle.

[thread="608612"]Quote:[/thread]

The Wizards situation has to be the weirdest situation in the league right now. The definition of stuck in limbo. 

I'm also in agreement that if the Wizards make it out the first round both Wittman and Grunfeld stay, I'd go as far as to say that if they make it 6 games against the Raptors (Pre ASW Idk who I would have picked to win, but now I have Raptors in 6) then they're sticking around. Its not for the benefit of the franchise if either stays, even moreso both. 

Bro, it's really crazy. While I'll fully support the team 100% in the playoffs, I'm just not as "all in" as I was last year.

I know Wall is a HUGE Wittman supporter, but I think it's also important to know that Steph Curry favored Mark Jackson.

Wall is going to do his thing, but the offense Wittman has going is really putting the handcuffs on both Beal/Gortat. You can even say that with more offensive creativity, Wall could elevate his game as well.

I just hope that the powers that be see this and make the right changes.

Wiz and OKC need to take notes on what GSW did. Mark Jackson had just as much success (if not more) than Wittman or Brooks. Doesn't mean he was the right coach or that he was maximizing the roster. Didn't he just get a contract extension?

@leemelone

What's my analysis of the team? I felt like I've been pretty fair in rating them :lol:

The one thing I remain consistent about.....I DON'T want to see SAS in the 1st round. If we see them in the 1st round, the idea of advancing kinda goes all out the door. I just think its very few teams in the West that are willing to deal with our squad in a series, but like CP and others have mentitoned....health is the main concern right now. If Conley, Green, Gasol and TA can actually play in every game, I think we beat anybody in the 1st round between HOU, LAC and PDX. This may sound weird, but I'll be more confident in a 2nd round matchup with SAS than a 1st round matchup.

I've never heard anti break down the hawks like that. I honestly wanna know his take on the hawks roster and coaching and future. Anti I want your subjective opinion on the hawks and their future, with their players and coach and gm and ownership. Dead srs. Need to hear another POV.

Last edited:

klay thompson dropped 26 pts in the 2nd quarter alone? 37 in the first half? smh and THIS is why i say harden is mvp. again, i state my point from a few days ago... warriors dont NEED curry, like the rockets NEED harden.
But if the Rockets dont end up with a 1-3 seed he has basically no chance to win it. Unless James Harden is the player that will break the standard on what the MVP means now.

Kinda feel the same. The Rockets would have to finish 2-3 for it to happen and make sense. A 5-6 finish could be looked at as pretty normal or regular.

Look, I like Atlanta, but no one is going there as a free agent signing.

When's the last time you guys signed anyone? Joe Johnson? :lol:
Jeff teague left, and you guys were lucky he was restricted so he was forced to come back.

No superstar is going there. they'll go to NY, LA (clippers at the moment), once lal gets some young talent then us, Chicago, Miami, hell Houston too.

You have young talent...Lin, Wes Johnson, and Ryan Kelly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom