The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magic, Iverson, Zeke, Payton, Kidd, all had their finals teams were built around them. Am I wrong? They were the best players on their teams when they went to the finals.

So, you're saying that the Warriors are not a serious contender?
nerd.gif
I personally won't take them serious until they do someone of significance in the playoffs. I can't just call them contenders based off of regular season success. They are a good team right now. BUt we know the playoffs are a different beast. I love the team though.

You can't build a team around ANY PG and EXPECT to win  championship.

As  said 2 pages ago, tell me a team in the last 25 years that had their PG as their best (clear cut) player. 

If your PG is your best player, you will NOT be expected to be a serious contender.
So, you're saying that the Warriors are not a serious contender?
nerd.gif

Once again...Durant came back too early.
mean.gif
for me its not so much the pg label but your best player has to be someone that can score 35-40 points and take over a game at any given night

still not sold on the warriors as real contenders but i like curry as the lead guy more than i did nash, kidd or cp

my biggest problem with nash is that he was one of the all time greatest shooters but he would pass up good shots to get his teammates looks 

Magic, Iverson, Zeke, Payton, Kidd, all had their finals teams were built around them. Am I wrong? They were the best players on their teams when they went to the finals.
If those are the ONLY people you can name over the past 35 years, then that doesn't negate my statement.

You can't build a team around ANY PG and EXPECT to win championship.

This Bucks vs Hawks game is terrible to watch with Bayless being the point guard and running away from the ball. Jason Kidd right now would be a better option. Ennis and Mayo are no better, 7 point guard turnovers in the first half with 2 minutes to go..

-How long does it take a player to be on a new team? MCM was traded Thursday, other traded players are already playing...

Last edited:
Not to mention

Magic and Zeke each played with 2 hall of famers.

Payton had Kemp, essentialy their CP3/Blake.

Kidd, I can give you that as a legit one. 

@royceyoung Durant underwent a procedure today on his right foot to help reduce pain/discomfort. He'll be re-evaluated in a week.
@royceyoung Durant's procedure was to replace the screw he had in his foot with a new one. It's unrelated to his foot fracture that he had surgery on.
@royceyoung General manager Sam Presti said Durant's fracture was healing "perfectly" and this procedure was done to help alleviate pain and discomfort.
"He is expected to return during the regular season."

Welp.

Last edited:
for me its not so much the pg label but your best player has to be someone that can score 35-40 points and take over a game at any given night

still not sold on the warriors as real contenders but i like curry as the lead guy more than i did nash, kidd or cp

my biggest problem with nash is that he was one of the all time greatest shooters but he would pass up good shots to get his teammates looks 

But, the Spurs didn't have anyone over the last few years that could score 35-40 points on any given night. I think as long as you have someone capable of putting a team on their back during certain stretches of the game, you are capable of winning it all. I wouldn't necessarily put a point total on it. You had the Spurs dominate Miami last year and none of their guys put up BIG numbers. Leonard put up the biggest point total of 29 in Game 3 if I'm not mistaken.

If those are the ONLY people you can name over the past 35 years, then that doesn't negate my statement.

You can't build a team around ANY PG and EXPECT to win championship.
I'm not a Chris Paul hater. Nor am I a big Chris Paul fan. I think he is very good. One of the best in the league for a while now. But the only thing that even brought me out was someone saying he was top 5 pg of all time. Which I just don't personally believe he is. At this point in his career anyway. He still could change that tho.

Last edited:
I'm not a Chris Paul hater. Nor am I a big Chris Paul fan. I think he is very good. One of the best in the league for a while now. But the only thing that even brought me out was someone saying he was top 5 pg of all time. Which I just don't personally ally believe he is. At this point in his career anyway. He still could change that tho.
Yall have to stop even entertaining hyperbolic statements man. 

I'm slowly, but surely starting to not believe in the Spurs too much. Even Skip Bayless of all people feel like the Spurs are not the same Spurs as previous years. I'm giving them a few more weeks, but they just don't seem to have the same fire. Anything is possible, though.

I also don't believe in OKC at all. Its nice that they got all of these rotational players, but if Durant AND Westbrook not 110% healthy they are not winning anything. With how things been going, I don't think Durant will be healthy enough to put his team over the top.

Last edited:
Exactly. Like all people really say is he's been the best PG in the league since about '08. And now, other PG's have caught up. It's arguable that when his career ends, his stats and accolades could make him a top 5 pg of all time. And it's arguable that he's one of the best PG's we've seen since Magic and Isiaah. That's all that really has been said and isn't that far fetched.

See look at this ****.

How Sway? How?

I'm slowly, but surely starting to not believe in the Spurs too much. Even Skip Bayless of all people feel like the Spurs are not the same Spurs as previous years. I'm giving them a few more weeks, but they just don't seem to have the same fire. Anything is possible, though.

I also don't believe in OKC at all. Its nice that they got all of these rotational players, but if Durant or Westbrook not 110% healthy they are not winning anything. With how things been going, I don't think Durant will be healthy enough to put his team over the top.

Yea I don't think the spurs have it this year. I was expecting them to go on a run by now. They've been underwhelming all year. OKC is a top 3 roster but their road to the finals is treacherous and I doubt they get far

CP should be in the same lane as Melo ,they can't be your best player and have hopes of winning anything of substance. But hey even Melo made it to the conference finals once with a decent squad.

Yea I don't think the spurs have it this year. I was expecting them to go on a run by now. They've been underwhelming all year. OKC is a top 3 roster but their road to the finals is treacherous and I doubt they get far

OKC just have bad luck. Every single year its something holding them back. I feel like this year will end up being about Duran'ts foot. Last year it was about Ibaka's injury, the year before last it was Russ.

CP should be in the same lane as Melo ,they can't be your best player and have hopes of winning anything of substance. But hey even Melo made it to the conference finals once with a decent squad.
None of this matters if the talent AROUND those players isn't that great. 

Chris Paul isn't a top 5 point guard ever, he'd struggle to make my top 8. Also, karma gets Chris Paul cause he plays like such a sucka on the court. I despise him and Carmelo. Neither one of em will ever win anything as long as they're the best player on a team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom