The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
the "average" guy is gonna have to play overseas if they striking. they got mouths to feed and expenses to cover
Even if they have to do that it'll be fine. They'll all have early termination clauses in there so they can come back to the NBA the second the strike is over

Trade Crawford, Jordan and CJ Wilcox to Miami and bring Wade to LA to play with his brother CP3. Move Redick to 6th man off the bench. Profit

smile.gif
Y u do this? 
frown.gif

The Magic got to get to .500 before they can think of winning in the playoffs.

So with that said, I understand the Skills hire.

It reminds me of the Lakers hiring Byron Scott since his ties to the organization are an "easy" sell.

Getting 30 assists in a game for a team can carry a lot of goodwill it seems....

Scott Skiles greatest accomplishment is that he was referenced in a Tribe Called Quest song.

Last edited:
Hit me yesterday how it was only three years ago the Philadelphia 76ers were playing a Game 7 to go to the 2012 Eastern Conference Finals.

View media item 1555836
View media item 1555837
View media item 1555839
View media item 1555840
View media item 1555841
View media item 1555842
View media item 1555843
View media item 1555844

... to now, when Robert Covington was only their leading scorer because Tony Wroten was injured is real. :lol:

Not 1 person on the Sixers in those pictures is there anymore. And all of them were in the playoffs this year for other teams.

Agreed but they all know from now its coming. I would hope some of them are being proactive about it. The dwindling of funds is how they lost the last lockout and talks of a strike have been looming since last year, they should have wised up by now.

A major win for the players in the most recent CBA (one of the only wins, really) is that players now have the option of stretching out single-season contract payments over 18 months. Before, it was 6 or 12 months, even though a couple players were smart enough to negotiate 18-month payments. Every new contract signed is going to be on that 18-month schedule, so players will keep getting paid if games start getting canceled the following season.

Edit: I should clarify that there will still be games lost, which affects pay down the road. But, it's better than losing games while NOT getting anything to support a lifestyle. It's merely a contingency plan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom