THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: at the Hezonja d-riding. Perception and where you come from is everything.

I doubt guys would be high on an American player who's NBA comparison is a less athletic JR Smith.

I'm schleep though [emoji]128564[/emoji][emoji]128564[/emoji]

Pretty sure JR was never a 6'8 deadeye shooter who was killing dudes as a teenager in the 2nd best professional league in the world but I'm not sure.

Coulda sworn he was a 6'6 gusrd who was playing HS ball in jersey who put up numbers on high usage against a bunch of other teenagers who had a 2% chance of even playing D1.
I see your point but that's basically how every top high schooler plays ( high usage, better that every body else ), and pretty sure Hezonja would be the same if he was in the US :lol:

Mario on my squad tho so I hope he ends up being good :pimp:

I see your point but that's basically how every top high schooler plays ( high usage, better that every body else ), and pretty sure Hezonja would be the same if he was in the US :lol:

Mario on my squad tho so I hope he ends up being good :pimp:

True but that's exactly my point, it isn't "perception" or that fact that he's Euro, it's that he's better at the same age and already has been a pro for years instead of going against soft talent.

I don't know how you can even compare except the fact that they both like to score........like almost every other guard.

Pretty sure JR was never a 6'8 deadeye shooter who was killing dudes as a teenager in the 2nd best professional league in the world but I'm not sure.

Coulda sworn he was a 6'6 guard who was playing HS ball in jersey who put up numbers on high usage against a bunch of other teenagers who had a 2% chance of even playing D1.

Not even my point.

I'm talking about NBA COMPARRISON....As in the player scouts compare Mario Hezonja too. They aren't comparing Hezonja to a teenage JR Smith. They are saying he projects to be a JR Smith type of player in the NBA and they have similar skill sets and tendencies.

What I'm saying is I doubt people would be drooling over a 1 and Done American player who projects to have an NBA career and skill set similar to JR Smith.

Not even my point.

I'm talking about NBA COMPARRISON....As in the player scouts compare Mario Hezonja too. They aren't comparing Hezonja to a teenage JR Smith. They are saying he projects to be a JR Smith type of player in the NBA and they have similar skill sets and tendencies.

What I'm saying is I doubt people would be drooling over a 1 and Done American player who projects to have an NBA career and skill set similar to JR Smith.

Once again, how can you project a guy to have an NBA career similar to someone that he's better than at the same age?

It doesn't make sense.

Their skillsets aren't similar, JR was never and still isn't an elite shooter like Mario. He projects to be a + defender, JR was never projected for that. He wasn't as good of a ballhandler either.

He's more comparable to a slightly bigger/more athletic Bucks Ray Allen as a ceiling than JR and I'm pretty sure JR never got compared to Ray Allen.

Also Ben McLemore was just drafted in the lottery as 1 and done with a JR smith skill set so that ain't accuarate either.

Once again, how can you project a guy to have an NBA career similar to someone that he's better than at the same age?

It doesn't make sense.

Their skillsets aren't similar, JR was never and still isn't an elite shooter like Mario. He projects to be a + defender, JR was never projected for that. He wasn't as good of a ballhandler either.

He's more comparable to a slightly bigger/more athletic Bucks Ray Allen as a ceiling than JR and I'm pretty sure JR never got compared to Ray Allen.

Also Ben McLemore was just drafted in the lottery as 1 and done with a JR smith skill set so that ain't accuarate either.

:smh:
You don't understand how NBA Draft comparisons, or player comparisons in general work do you??...so I get how this doesn't make any sense to you.

When NBA comparisons are made, they aren't always comparing the prospect to that NBA player at the same age. They are saying when that draft prospect gets to the NBA, I can see him playing how this NBA player played in his career, or he will have a similar career based on size, skill set, and tendencies.

:smh:
You don't understand how NBA Draft comparisons, or player comparisons in general work do you??...so I get how this doesn't make any sense to you.

When NBA comparisons are made, they aren't always comparing the prospect to that NBA player at the same age. They are saying when that draft prospect gets to the NBA, I can see him playing how this NBA player played in his career, or he will have a similar career based on size, skill set, and tendencies.

:lol: @ you trying to tell me I don't know how comparisons work when you comparing guys who's only similarity is being cocky and playing shooting guard.

"Based on size, skill set, tendencies"

Mario is bigger and a more fluid athlete, has a different skill set and they play same position but that's where the tendencies stop.

It's just not a good comparison no matter how many times you try to say it is.

:lol: @ you trying to tell me I don't know how comparisons work when you comparing guys who's only similarity is being cocky and playing shooting guard.

"Based on size, skill set, tendencies"

Mario is bigger and a more fluid athlete, has a different skill set and they play same position but that's where the tendencies stop.

It's just not a good comparison no matter how many times you try to say it is.

:lol:

I've never once compared Mario to Jr Smith though. My original point was I doubt people would be drooling over an American player who NBA scouts compare to JR Smith. That's it simple.

Like the comparison or not...but leading NBA scouts have made the comparison of Mario to JR, and it isn't as far fetched as you think.

Lebron wouldn't give a **** if he weren't his mans client though.
:lol:

I've never once compared Mario to Jr Smith though. My original point was I doubt people would be drooling over an American player who NBA scouts compare to JR Smith. That's it simple.

Like the comparison or not...but leading NBA scouts have made the comparison of Mario to JR, and it isn't as far fetched as you think.
Surely they didn't take into consideration that no one could be as dumb as Jr though.

Last edited:
Detroit "Chrome" Alts. Looks matte grey to me. Supposed to honor Detroit's car history and blue collar ethic.
So what was the point of their  "Motor City" unis then?

These aren't bad though.

Such a weird dynamic between Lebron/RichPaul/TT/Cavs....

I mean...no conflict of interest, right? :lol:

Such a weird dynamic between Lebron/RichPaul/TT/Cavs....

I mean...no conflict of interest, right? :lol:
True story. Dude is controlling an entire NBA team. Everybody else is just a figurehead. Maybe this was all ochestrated where TT will probably get way more than the 80 mil he wanted and probably end up getting 90-100 mil

Clippers training camps vs Lakers training camp...a world of a difference in terms of talent cohesiveness, focus and intensity.

Last edited:
Thunder Blue and White scrimmage is going on right now. I don't know how they pick teams, but just in this clip you can see Westbrook, Roberson, Durant, Ibaka, and Collison are on the same team against Augustine, Waiters, Morrow, McGary, and Kantner

80 million dollar man Enes Kantner shows off his new and improve pick and roll defense

Last edited:
Clippers training camps vs Lakers training camp...a world of a difference in terms of talent cohesiveness, focus and intensity.
Was looking to check out some other scrimmages from other teams so thanks for the LAL joint. 

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom