THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It cost them nothing though. If it doesnt work what did they lose out on? Cap they werent going to use? Its nothing but upside with this move. 

It has equal chances of swinging either way, and Philly wont be tanking come 2018 at the latest.

It cost them nothing because it IS nothing. Vlade hit them up to see if they'd be willing to hold his garbage and they said sure. 2018...they didn't get any picks past 2017 bro.

Last edited:

It cost them nothing though. If it doesnt work what did they lose out on? Cap they werent going to use? Its nothing but upside with this move. 

It has equal chances of swinging either way, and Philly wont be tanking come 2018 at the latest.
It cost them nothing because it IS nothing. Vlade hit them up to see if they'd be willing to hold his garbage and they said sure. 2018...they didn't get any picks past 2017 bro.
What I meant was by 2018 they won't be trying to tank but rather win games and make the playoffs.

I like the kings side of the deal. :\

The picks are protected and you got to dump stupid salaries.

Last edited:
What I meant was by 2018 they won't be trying to tank but rather win games and make the playoffs.

Ok but what does that have to do with this trade?

I mean....people are calling this a win, why? Stauskas gonna put up korver numbers? Will anyone even remember Thompson and Landry are on the team by november? The top 10 will convey and they'll get #11-15 for hinkle to draft the next great Armenian big man? Or is philly gonna swap their own #3 for the kings #8? I'm just not seeing it

Last edited:
Two of the deals I just don't understand.

Asik - 5yrs/$60M - significantly overpaid. I need his agent
Affalo - 2yrs/$16M - significantly underpaid it seems compared to what low tier guys have been getting. He needs Asik's agent.......seriously.

Last edited:
So PHX getting Roy Hibbert was deemed crazy, but paying Tyson Chandler got no objections? 

I objected. I said yesterday that, of all the deals that have already been handed out, that's the one that I think really is crazy. Mostly because of the length of the contract.

I mean....people are calling this a win, why? Stauskas gonna put up korver numbers? Will anyone even remember Thompson and Landry are on the team by november? The top 10 will convey and they'll get #11-15 for hinkle to draft the next great Armenian big man? Or is philly gonna swap their own #3 for the kings #8? I'm just not seeing it

don't hate on my future dynasty :pimp:

Pierce to the Clippers...

mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

I hate seeing dudes turn into journeymen.  

Affalo - 2yrs/$16M - significantly underpaid it seems compared to what low tier guys have been getting. He needs Asik's agent.......seriously.
The problem with the Asik deal is that the Pels only had about 9 million in space, so they weren't going to be able to get anyone else out there who was of comparable talent, and that means you gotta overpay to keep your guy.

Its an over pay but he still gives you some value, and his one glaring hole, not being able to play the PnR at all is irrelevant being that he plays 

So PHX getting Roy Hibbert was deemed crazy, but paying Tyson Chandler got no objections? 
I objected. I said yesterday that, of all the deals that have already been handed out, that's the one that I think really is crazy. Mostly because of the length of the contract.
Yeah thats the deal that I just dont like so far.

The problem with the Asik deal is that the Pels only had about 9 million in space, so they weren't going to be able to get anyone else out there who was of comparable talent, and that means you gotta overpay to keep your guy.

Its an over pay but he still gives you some value, and his one glaring hole, not being able to play the PnR at all is irrelevant being that he plays 

Yeah thats the deal that I just dont like so far.

Hm, good point on the Pelicans and Asik. Does he qualify as "Bird Rights"? So, if the Pelicans go over the salary cap its okay because he's their guy?

Hm, good point on the Pelicans and Asik. Does he qualify as "Bird Rights"? So, if the Pelicans go over the salary cap its okay because he's their guy?

Man, playing 2k and building my team helped me learn so much about "Bird Rights". :smokin :rofl:

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt · 12m12 minutes ago
Raptors did well in meeting with LaMarcus Aldridge, but it is unlikely he picks the Raptors, per source.

Getting a lottery pick who's 21 for practically nothing isn't a loss. So what do you want us to call it?

I am shocked that Afflalo agreed. Suppose it has something with his buddy Melo and Phil. :nthat:

will-smith-I-ain't-even-mad

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine · 28s28 seconds ago
Austin Rivers to ESPN: “I plan on looking at all my options and making best decision for my career. I’ll definitely consult my family ...

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine · 2m2 minutes ago
Return to Clippers certainly not ruled out, but Austin Rivers says as we move into Day 2 that he'll indeed sample the field in free agency

Getting a lottery pick who's 21 for practically nothing isn't a loss. So what do you want us to call it?

If you're able to get a 21 year old lotto pick after his first year for two 2nd round picks that will never get their green cards, that should be an indication of his value. You say "lottery pick" as if they just traded for wiggins

Call it what it is, a salary dump. This deal was done to help philly reach the salary floor. Hinkle gets to con everyone into thinking he's trying to win because instead of rostering outright d leaguers he's rostering d-leaguers disguised as lotto picks

Last edited:
Can the Clippers pay Austin without getting the cap hit?

They don't have any more exceptions correct? Seems like they have zero dollars left to spend outside of the veteran's minimum 

Last edited:
If you're able to get a 21 year old lotto pick after his first year for two 2nd round picks that will never get their green cards, that should be an indication of his value. You say "lottery pick" as if they just traded for wiggins

Call it what is, a salary dump. This deal was done to help philly reach the salary floor. Hinkle gets to con everyone into thinking he's trying to win because instead of rostering outright d leaguers he's rostering d-leaguers disguised as lotto picks

How does this help Philly reach the salary floor if they picked up salary and didn't send any out

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom