The 25 worst Rappers of all Time

Posted In:: Blogs features[h1]The 25 Worst Rappers of All Time.[/h1]

We look back at some of the most dreadful artists of all time.

Published:

Mar 03, 2012 at 12:35 pm EST

Posted by: admin

When Nas declared hip hop was dead back in 2006, the following 25 artists should’ve most likely stood trial for at the very least, accessory to murder. The music that came out from these guys music was so far left from hip hop’s original roots, that it almost sounded like a parody. We countdown the 25 Rappers that set hip hop back.

25.png

diddyfeature.jpg

Although Diddy’s slightly more passable than some of the other guys on the list, it’s downright embarrassing when you have some of the greatest rappers of all time writing your verses for you and you still end up sounding like a clown every time you step into the booth. Puff should’ve just stuck to ad-libbing.

When you think of music industry creeps; the suits that suck the blood out of legitimate artists, it wouldn’t be too surprising if you thought of Benzino. A leech that singlehandedly plunged The Source into disarray, ‘zino also had the unique ability to make diss tracks that were more insulting to him than they were to the target, simply because his rapping was so laughable.

bonecrusher.jpg

Attenshun!!! Bone Crusher comes from the school of rappers who listened to MOP and decided that shouting loudly with minimal rhyming constituted a rapping career. Bone Crusher is probably the worst of the bunch; a Frankenstein’s monster of nonsensical lyrics and crushing tedium.

254.png

manniefres.jpg

Mannie Fresh is about as bad a rapper as his former partner Birdman, but his producing chops give him a little more of a pass than he of the red-starred dome. Don’t get it twisted though, when Mannie starts rhyming it’s a good time to hit the skip button.

G-Dep was signed to Bad Boy in their famous period of signing criminals and hoping that they can rap. Dep clearly failed the test having no visible talent and his one album, Child of the Ghetto, might have been the beginning of the end of mainstream gangster rap.

It’s a shame that female rappers don’t get more shine, but then when they come as discombobulated as Lil Mama does; it makes a hell of a lot of sense. As qualified to hold a mic as she is to judge dance competitions, Mama is a plague who we thankfully don’t hear much from; she hasn’t done anything since her first album dropped.

Having Biggie’s voice doesn’t mean you can rap. Shyne confused a lot of novices with his husky baritone when he first came out, but in recent years there’s no one mistaking Shyne for the black Frank White. Biggie could rap.

Why didn’t Dilated Peoples ever get popular? They had a great producer in DJ Babu and the incomparable Evidence as one of their MC’s. And who was that third guy? Oh yeah, Rakka, the most boring, stereotypical, underground rapper of all time, who single-handily kept Dilated from the success that the other two deserved.

Rappers become famous for their punch lines; most fans can recite at least a couple of excellent bars from their favorite artist. Know what people who like Mike Jones say? They say, “Mike Jones.

just checking for lil b, was hoping for the whole pack actually
edit:

and the Puffy mention is appreciated by all hiphop heads 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

This is my first time hearing that Rakaa was the weak link in Dilated.

How is that even possible when Evidence sounds EXACTLY like this guy?

Puffy mention is appreciated
pimp.gif
But why they had to put my dude Fresh on there though
laugh.gif

G-Dep, Shyne and Pitbull should not be one there. G-Dep's first album was a GREAT album. Everyday Struggle alone takes him off this list. Shyne was able to do enough to make people look past the fact that he sounded like Big. That's saying something. And Pitbull can actually rhyme, he just chooses to do what works for him and keeps him relevant. Can't be mad at that. I'm ok with everything else on the list though.

when i was scrolling my mind was thinking "this list is invalid w/ no mention of Silk da Shocker".......then i see him at #2
laugh.gif

Project Pat should not be on this list. I agree with everybody else.

Well I've heard a few Dilated Peoples tracks and dude is decent. Haven't heard enough to say if he should be on the list.

Why is BasedGod on this list? Everyone else deserves their spot but not the BasedGod...

I really do not understand Project Patta on that list. He spits some funny lines but dude has good flow and ok lyrics for his subject matter. You can make a case for most of the other guys listed but Pat is nowhere near any worst rapper list.

I can't get over the Rakaa thing.

That coupled with the fact that they think Babu was the producer for Dilated shows me that this list was compiled by an idiot.

Yea, Project Pat gave us "Slob On My Knob" he is immune from that list. G-Dep couldn't done better w/ the right team

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I forgot all about Silkk. Dude never had any sense of flow or rhyming. All he did was talk on all his tracks.

Why is Birdman on that list??

He's not a rapper, he's a game spitter
indifferent.gif

How the *@ are Project Pat and G-Dep on there. People hate the *@ outta Tony Yayo, but Predicate Felon was fire.

Silkk
roll.gif
roll.gif
part of his verse on "I Always Feel Like":

And I be seein #$*+ that ain't there
It ain't there but I be seein #$*+
I be in places without bein seen there
But be seein a place without even bein there

roll.gif
roll.gif
Sooooooo offbeat and didn't make a lick of sense

Back