****THE 300 WORKOUT!!!!****

i can see the thread now...dudes uploadin 30-45 minute videos of themselves strugglin horribly
laugh.gif
...........(if my performance was anythin to go by
embarassed.gif
).....

supposed to be a display of strength and fitness....gonna be look like banned from tv, n's dyin and $*+$
smh.gif
laugh.gif

nah im all for the thread. competition is good motivation
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ericberry14

you know what, i think we need to make a S&T group goal.

we all should be able to do this by the summer. or at least some lesser variation of this same workout.

anybody else with me on this.

im willing to give it a try

Man this workout would only be possible if you already were in good/great shape. I agree this must be some type of fitness test.

I could make that my workout goal...I'll give myself a strength assessment later on this year, probably when I can actually get 10-15 clean wide-grip pullups.

I just started P90X today and that *@%# was hard enough.
smh.gif
I ain't !#*@+!@ with no 300 workout
laugh.gif

Question for those that have done P90X: How long are the workouts for each day and how many days a week are you working out? I'm thinking about doing itbut my major is real intensive and there are some days where I literally might not have an hour to spare and I don't want to start doing it unless I canfully commit to it.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Question for those that have done P90X: How long are the workouts for each day and how many days a week are you working out? I'm thinking about doing it but my major is real intensive and there are some days where I literally might not have an hour to spare and I don't want to start doing it unless I can fully commit to it.
It's an hour a day, every day. The hour goes by surprisingly fast. I went to the gym regularly but needed to change it up a bit...I started inmid-October and i've honestly never been this "cut". I've been using the stretch band, which isn't that bad.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Question for those that have done P90X: How long are the workouts for each day and how many days a week are you working out? I'm thinking about doing it but my major is real intensive and there are some days where I literally might not have an hour to spare and I don't want to start doing it unless I can fully commit to it.
It's an hour a day, every day. The hour goes by surprisingly fast. I went to the gym regularly but needed to change it up a bit...I started in mid-October and i've honestly never been this "cut". I've been using the stretch band, which isn't that bad.
I could probably manage that then. It's easier to do an hour a day every day than to do 2 hrs a day every other day since I normally don'thave huge blocks of time.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Craftsy21 wrote:

it's a cool workout, but you still won't look like the guys in 300 if you can do it
laugh.gif
that takes CGI, good genetics, and a strict freaking diet.
Very true, and you DONT want to look like the guys in the movie. They werent in good health during the movie and ended up being in even worse shape once filming ended.

Oh really? I didn't hear about this.

in MMA we do excrutiating, suffering workouts daily.

I think i can seriously do this in 25 minutes or less

There are a lot of different variations of the 300 workout. I've done 2 of them. If you're going to do them clear the rest of your day and workout therest of the week. Its definitely not for the weak. Its more of mental challenge than anything.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

It's an hour a day, every day. The hour goes by surprisingly fast. I went to the gym regularly but needed to change it up a bit...I started in mid-October and i've honestly never been this "cut". I've been using the stretch band, which isn't that bad.
did you use the stretch bands as a substitute to doing pullups with the bar?

Originally Posted by Smedroc

duno if this has been posted before but i tried this workout today...you have to do these as fast as possible
smh.gif
sick.gif

25 pull ups
50 deadlifts at 135lbs
50 push ups
50 box jumps 22"
50 floor sweepers
50 clean and press with 36lb kettlebell
25 pull ups...

Apparently the cast of 300 did this workout to see the progress they had made or whatever...apparently the big persian ****** king clocked the best time for completing the workout.

Let me tell you, i am no spartan
smh.gif
a n' never felt so sick in a gym....if i had really pushed i reckon i would have passed out
laugh.gif
tired.gif

i reached my limit after an hour (good times for this are below 20mins!) i got to rep 287....If my life depended on it, i cudnt have made that next pull up
laugh.gif
foreal this workout is a bastard! Everything is seizing up as i type this, but it feels good...body feels cleansed almost
glasses.gif
Ima definetly keep doin this until i crack 20mins! then i can grow a mean beard and walk round in underpants and choncletas!!!
pimp.gif

Anybody tried/got times for this? experiences etc??

They used special effects to make dude that big in the movie because he's not huge in real life..
rodrigo_santoro_1815124.jpg

you dont have to be big/huge to do it anyway...strong and mobile is the best look.

Originally Posted by AG 47

Durden7 wrote:
Craftsy21 wrote:

it's a cool workout, but you still won't look like the guys in 300 if you can do it
laugh.gif
Very true, and you DONT want to look like the guys in the movie. They werent in good health during the movie and ended up being in even worse shape once filming ended.

Yeah the problem with a workout like the ones the guys in 300 used is that its really hardcore. It's one thing to be a bodybuilderand be insanely cut/have a low BF% for a competition, but when you're filming a movie like that you have to be in that shape for the entire production ofthe film. All the workouts the actors did caused over-training and as soon as production ended they stopped working out cold turkey and their bodies returnedto how they used to be, or even worse. The fluctuations between being in EXTREME tip-top shape and sedentary aren't healthy for the body at all.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by AG 47

Durden7 wrote:
Craftsy21 wrote:

laugh.gif

Yeah the problem with a workout like the ones the guys in 300 used is that its really hardcore. It's one thing to be a bodybuilder and be insanely cut/have a low BF% for a competition, but when you're filming a movie like that you have to be in that shape for the entire production of the film. All the workouts the actors did caused over-training and as soon as production ended they stopped working out cold turkey and their bodies returned to how they used to be, or even worse. The fluctuations between being in EXTREME tip-top shape and sedentary aren't healthy for the body at all.
Yup. Gerard Butler (Leonidas) looks awful now.

Back
Top Bottom