The Adidas "Futurecraft"

Sounds like long *** lines for a few beacons. You only get to enter a raffle for one shoe.
Sounds to me like the rfid will have all info on it so raffle entering process will take less than 10 seconds
Also think you can enter all the raffles you want

Sounds to me like the rfid will have all info on it so raffle entering process will take less than 10 seconds

That is how i interpreted it.. no data entry and you can enter for all 10 shoes and i dont think there is a risk of 'running out of tickets' thankfully!

smh at them forcing ppl to buy stuff to enter a raffle for a chance to buy other stuff

absurdity

smh at them forcing ppl to buy stuff to enter a raffle for a chance to buy other stuff

absurdity
Better than adidas
Bait just made it one adidas purchase, some of the adidas stores are making it $200 for a pair of wristbands

That is how i interpreted it.. no data entry and you can enter for all 10 shoes and i dont think there is a risk of 'running out of tickets' thankfully!

Yeah nevermind. I read wrong and thought it said one submission per ticket.

I could be wrong but wasn' complexcon a wristband raffle for nerd nmds and such? We all see how that turned out :lol:

I could be wrong but wasn' complexcon a wristband raffle for nerd nmds and such? We all see how that turned out :lol:
FCFS for a limited wristband I believe. Entering the raffle was the issue there because entering wasn’t guaranteed, with 747 raffle entries are basically guaranteeed as long as you show up

I went up to SNS yesterday and they confirmed that the Black future crafts will have a wider release and they will get more stock once its approved. Homie told me by the end of the year 150k Black 4d will have been released along with the consortium releases so just like my man ihust1e ihust1e said DO NOT pay resale for these. Theres gunna be alot more chances to cop these

Your homie is not wrong but he isn't necessarily right either. It will be a while ( NOT 2018 ) before you see 150k pairs in the market. Actually, you'll never 150K pairs. That's kinda absurd but beside the point. You won't see that this year. Not while the futurecraft tech is still very much new and costly. Hence the $300 price tag. When you sell a shoe (w/new tech) at that price, you're not doing because you think it's fun. More often than not it's a matter of not taking a loss on the shoe. And when that's the case, the qtys in market will be low. Expect to see $150-180 4D with higher pair counts sometime in 2019.

Your homie is not wrong but he isn't necessarily right either. It will be a while ( NOT 2018 ) before you see 150k pairs in the market. Actually, you'll never 150K pairs. That's kinda absurd but beside the point. You won't see that this year. Not while the futurecraft tech is still very much new and costly. Hence the $300 price tag. When you sell a shoe (w/new tech) at that price, you're not doing because you think it's fun. More often than not it's a matter of not taking a loss on the shoe. And when that's the case, the qtys in market will be low. Expect to see $150-180 4D with higher pair counts sometime in 2019.

It was the sns employees that told me this. There are suppose to be staggered releases of these through out the year so 150k doesn’t seem to off to me. I agree with you that by 2019 the price will drop. But with all the hype behind these right now they will have no problem selling out at 300 a pop

I don’t pretend to know any more that folks in here but I do think that number is within the realm of possibility. Did adidas drop around 175k yeezys between the beluga 2.0/blue tint drop. A shoe that would “never” be mass produced. Now I realize there’s other factors at play here, but 150k digital light synthesized mids, across the silhouettes we’ve seen (y-3, runner, etc) doesn’t feel that crazy. Adidas is in need of a hit. This is it.

Adidas dropped over 250k blue tints, that doesn't have any bearing on the numbers for 4Ds tho.

Adidas dropped over 250k blue tints, that doesn't have any bearing on the numbers for 4Ds tho.

Yeezy 2017
Consumers: high demand
Reselllers: want it limited drive prices up
Brand ambassadors: everyone will get
Yeezys
Adidas: needs to keep hype cycle up but actually make money
Other variables: bulletproof popularity of non-yeezy Boost silhouettes shows signs of slowing

Net result: lots of yeezy are made, universal sellout, hype tarnished but they had no choice as Boost in general is down, resellers still turn a profit, adidas needs the next thing to get people excited about

4D 2018
Consumers: high demand
Reselllers: want it limited drive prices up
Brand ambassadors: we will mass produce these things in 2018
Adidas: needs to keep hype cycle up but actually make money
Other variables: legal, nascent technology (although DLS isn’t as new as people think, just the scale is and it seems like they’re confident it is in fact, scalable)

Possible Net result: lots of 4D are made, universal sellout, hype tarnished, resellers still turn a profit, adidas needs the next thing to get people excited about

Frankly I think they’re very similar situations and adidas doesn’t have the luxury of extending the hype around into 2019. They need results now.

I still think we may see 100k shoes with 4D printed soles but I think Adidas is trying to ride 2018 on the boost train still with the BYW. Merging two of their systems...dropping it both active and life style...already had Pharrell design a pair.

Definitely think Adidas believes they have the 2018 hit with that.

Yeezy wasn't a new line in 2017, the demand was already well established and it also wasn't the first shoe using brand new tech. It's two very different situations and I don't think the comparison is valid.

Yeezy wasn't a new line in 2017, the demand was already well established and it also wasn't the first shoe using brand new tech. It's two very different situations and I don't think the comparison is valid.
That’s a very product forward way of looking at it and imho, less important than the consumer/business context. The newness of the line and tech is actually less relevant than the newness of the hype and consumer demand.

The formula for adidas success has nothing to do with innovation in product. They don’t make any of the actual tech. BASF, Carbon, etc - those guys are the the innovators from a product perspective.

The area where adidas has excelled is hype marketing innovation and use of celebrity. By pulling the culture in, they’ve carved out a nice place in the market. But it’s clearly a fleeting and fickle tactic. The second Nike cracked the formula with off white, coupled with their actual “real” product innovations, there was a significant shift.

The hu line can’t sustain adidas hype marketing, I don’t know if Kanye can either right now (it’s pretty clear adidas is nervous about their eroding popularity and overproduced the v2 in hopes to get some of that mojo back..and that didn’t work), the 4D is their best bet and I’d be surprised if they tried to milk something so needed to bolster their perceived relevance amongst a very fair weather friendly consumer base. That’s all I’m saying.

Last edited:
They were suppose to have 100k out by the end of last year so I believe they have the stock. Adidas will just stagger the release through out the year to keep up the hype but by the end of 2018 I think there’s a good chance that atleast 100k pairs of these will be release

Yeah and who knows how long they’ve been in production... could have 60k already made... ya never know.

Back
Top Bottom