the Air Flightposite 3

One of my favorite sneakers was the Air Flightposite 3, i'm wondering when or if Nike will re-release these?

I'm sorry bro but these are FUGLY!
If you're wondering why I even came in this thread, it was initially not to share a negative opinion, I just honestly forgot what these look like and after memory refreshment I had to share my opinion
I remember the price dropping so low on Eastbay for these back in the day lol

Last edited:
that gold pair :smokin, if these were to drop they'll be a easy cop and would probably be outlet bound, hopefully nike would stick to og colors and no crazy stuff

Last edited:
Crazy shoe. Loved it ascetically but I remember having to return mine (I exchanged them for the Wht/Red XVI low) because they were soooo tight on the sides of my foot. I would cop a retro ASAP.

these were dope, i remember eastbay had so many diff colors i wanted like 12 diff pairs. only had the originals. these were called the battlegrounds right?

couldve had the gold ones 4 50 bucks back in the day.... 

dont know why i passed... i had the all black and black and blue joints... best fit ever

I STILL HAVE LIKE 3 PAIRS OF THESE… I NEED BLUE FOR ONE OF THE CIRCLES ON MY ONE OF MY PAIRS THOUGH.. ANNOYING

I feel like this is one shoe that Nike won't answer our prayers on retroing, and if they do retro these they'll probably kill them with a bunch of screen printed colorways :smh:

A very divisive shoe.

The OGs had a narrow last,  that forefoot strap won't stretch for anything....  and i have kinda broad feet so they (OGs) caused me a fair bit of discomfort from extended wear.

Could never get a great fit from these either.

If they do retro, that last isn't going to get any wider.

On the upside, the Zoom insoles were possibly the best implementation of Zoom i've ever experienced in a Nike shoe.  Super responsive.... but if Nike do Retro these, that will probably go too.

Sales, no these didn't sell so well back in the day far as i can tell.

Someone from Nike apparently said 'Not soon' in regards to these retroing..but that was several years ago, and Nike will do anything for money now.  Yeah, i think it could happen, but you may end up wishing it didn't.

Seeing what Nike did with the carbon flightposites, and knowing that the straps would break off on the original flightposite 3s, would these sell if they kept the pods on the sides but left the straps off?

Remember when I caught the navy blues in Marshall's!! I was so happy but mad cuz I was too broke to cop

One of the most comfortable basketball shoes EVER!!! I remember a dude in my class in the 9th grade had a pair and he let me try on his pair and that was when I knew I had to get a pair.. I ended up getting the black pair and the black/blue pair latter on. That Zoom Air was super bouncy! It was like you was walking on buttons. My feet are normal/narrow, so the fit wasn't an issue, but I do remember very well how super tight they were when I first wore them in the 9th grade. When I got home from school the day I had them, my feet was somewhat sore because of how tight they were during the break in time, but they felt good after the 2nd or 3rd wear. Almost everyone had these in the DMV area.. As others mentioned, these didn't sell to well and hit a lot of outlets back in the day. Eastbay had a full size run on the TB colorways for as low as $50 if that is correct. I think the design was DOPE and would more then likely get a pair if they decide t retro them. One last thing, I remember these shoes being super heavy as well.

Sold my OG blk/blue pair years ago cuz I wore the hell out of them. But yea most comfortable flightposite by far. Didn't really care for any of the battleground color ways. Would just like the OG and Platinum. I remember when the Platinum pair dropped they were like $250 back in the day that was just too much for me.

Gentry was asked about these on Twitter. His response "prob have a few more to do b4 this makes another debut" :smh:

What butchered trash is this nude so in a hurry to put out that he can't do the FP3 :smh:

Back
Top Bottom