The Air Jordan XVI returns in 2016

It's sold well for a reason in it's first issue. Jordan was playing and people got excited again.

maybe they need to put some actual marketing behind these so people can get excited for them again if they plan to retro the black/red and other colorways.
The black/red that came with the CDP pack sold pretty well too. You can attribute some of it to being paired with the VII. Sooner or later JB might have run out of ideas for I-XIV, that they decide to give these some burn, but until then they do not have much incentive.

How do these fit? In comparison to 1’s, 4’s? I’m a 12.5 in certain j’s but 12 in others.

1107B774-821C-4FBC-900D-D9DC5CF3BC2D.jpeg
E1B9EA5A-8372-4E15-B327-46AE7798FDE9.jpeg
516522DC-FD3F-45ED-9F89-2F428B9E81FF.jpeg
Got 2nd pair from goat for 120. Looks like person wore em maybe 1x sole is flawless. Came with pin an receipt too
Are you a 12? If so, how do they fit? Are you a 12 in 1’s?

I was thinking the other day when I wore my Midnight Navy pair why they only released one colorway? Except for those collabs they did. I would trade those collabs for Gingers and Burgundy joints anyday.

I think the 250 is a little steep but fair imo. I bought the white/ navy the day they re-released for 250. I don’t think any of the colorways would sell well though in general. These wouldn’t sell well with the younger crowd. They barley sold well when they 1st came out.
If I remember correctly, the white/ red lows were the fastest selling xvi in 2001.

I'm a 12 as well. They fit like a 12, maybe a bit wide. I have a wide foot and have no problems with 16s being anything close to tight. The fits much wider than the 1s. Hope that helps!
It did... I want the navy’s and sole flys but was trying to figure out between 12-12.5. Appreciate the insight🙏

I think the 250 is a little steep but fair imo. I bought the white/ navy the day they re-released for 250. I don’t think any of the colorways would sell well though in general. These wouldn’t sell well with the younger crowd. They barley sold well when they 1st came out.
If I remember correctly, the white/ red lows were the fastest selling xvi in 2001.
Black/Red mids were the fastest selling without a doubt, closely followed by white/navy's. You could occasionally find a straggler pair of white/navy's in store a few weeks after release but never in decent sizes. Black/Reds were all gone in stores within a week with Eastbay and NDC having only their usual Sz.16,17,18 left online for months.

Now... I do feel white/red lows sold the best in the sense they made more pairs and thus, sold more units. Black/red and white/navy's were definitely made in smaller quantities than the other 4 colorways. You'd rarely see the first 2 colorways in the street, whereas the white/red lows were everywhere on everyone shortly following release. I remember there being a good amount of hype surrounding the white/red lows, with Ja Rule wearing them well before release in a music video.

Black/black lows played to moderate reviews. Triple black shoes were not especially popular at the time and people called them "ref shoes".

Cherrys sold poorly and Gingers sold even worse. Both pairs could be had for markdowns as low as 49.99 by 2002.

Black/Red mids were the fastest selling without a doubt, closely followed by white/navy's. You could occasionally find a straggler pair of white/navy's in store a few weeks after release but never in decent sizes. Black/Reds were all gone in stores within a week with Eastbay and NDC having only their usual Sz.16,17,18 left online for months.

Now... I do feel white/red lows sold the best in the sense they made more pairs and thus, sold more units. Black/red and white/navy's were definitely made in smaller quantities than the other 4 colorways. You'd rarely see the first 2 colorways in the street, whereas the white/red lows were everywhere on everyone shortly following release. I remember there being a good amount of hype surrounding the white/red lows, with Ja Rule wearing them well before release in a music video.

Black/black lows played to moderate reviews. Triple black shoes were not especially popular at the time and people called them "ref shoes".

Cherrys sold poorly and Gingers sold even worse. Both pairs could be had for markdowns as low as 49.99 by 2002.
Yeap. I remember the cherrywoods sitting at the clearance rack in the outletssummer of 02, almost 1 year after they originally released.

Imo though, cherrywoods have always been my favorite.

Fingers crossed on JB possibly retroing all the OG color ways next year for the XVI’s 20 year anniversary.

seems like a lot of unnumbered pairs of the CEOs are out there.

i cant take the risk of it on not knowing if i would get a numbered pair or not. and you know stockx/goat will defend that to the death and not give ya any discount or break.

The Jordan “Why Not?” x Converse Pack

September 10, 2020 - The Jordan “Why Not?” x Converse Pack treats two of Russell Westbrook’s favorite silhouettes – the Air Jordan XVI and the Converse Chuck 70 – in a graphic and materials arrangement inspired by his gritty play on the court as well as chain nets found on outdoor basketball courts.

In addition to Westbrook’s energy on the court, his unmatched style has no boundaries. The Air Jordan XVI features a detachable, magnetic shroud that can instantly transform the shoe’s look.

The Air Jordan XVI and the Converse Chuck 70 feature a range of textures, from leather to satin, that nod back to rock and roll-styled leather jackets that Westbrook enjoys wearing.
Studs that resemble those on leather jackets adorn the lateral side of the shroud of the Air Jordan XVI as well as the heel and the chevron star of the Converse Chuck 70.
A crackled leather upper on the Converse Chuck 70 is meant to resemble the concrete foundations of street basketball. Westbrook's “Why Not?” Logo is featured on both silhouettes in silver metal.

The Jordan “Why Not?” x Converse pack releases October 2 on SNKRS and SNEAKRS.

1599797163242.png

1599796611729.png

NikeNews_JordanBrand_RussellWestbrook_WhyNot_Converse_Pack_AJXVI_Detail_02_original.jpg
NikeNews_JordanBrand_RussellWestbrook_WhyNot_Converse_Pack_Packaging_01_original.jpg
NikeNews_JordanBrand_RussellWestbrook_WhyNot_Converse_Pack_Packaging_02_original.jpg
NikeNews_JordanBrand_RussellWestbrook_WhyNot_Converse_Pack_Hero_05_original.jpg

Attachments

• NikeNews_JordanBrand_RussellWestbrook_WhyNot_Converse_Pack_Hero_04_original.jpg
    NikeNews_JordanBrand_RussellWestbrook_WhyNot_Converse_Pack_Hero_04_original.jpg
    496.1 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom