the Alaskan 'so-so' life. pics pg.7 edit pg.1

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

went on an alaskan cruise for a week and a half.
air is fresh as hell up there
pimp.gif

word i notice that too...

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by mrgrapes85

There is no reason to live in Alaska unless it's to work (for a higher wage than can be made in the lower 48).
Honestly, %%%! out of there if you're not tied down.

Actually there's plenty of reason to live here.
The reasons would be......?
laugh.gif

It's not that you're even out in the middle of nowhere like say bumble %@@*, Arkansas. It's that you might as well be in space.

If you're not tied down there because of a job, !*@#.

You sure know a lot things, like A LOT of things, man so many things like your smart and stuff..........
smh.gif

And I got friends in colorado, idaho, and the midwest states and they say it 19 degrees and snowing where they at, while here in Alaska we're just hangin out in 60 degree weather lol.

Come on fam did u actually think mentioning garbage, plain, and boring states like Idaho and Colorado was gonna help your argument?

Originally Posted by Dakingii

And I got friends in colorado, idaho, and the midwest states and they say it 19 degrees and snowing where they at, while here in Alaska we're just hangin out in 60 degree weather lol.

Come on fam did u actually think mentioning garbage, plain, and boring states like Idaho and Colorado was gonna help your argument?

No, I didn't think it was gonna help me because I'm not trying to argue.

The landscape in Alaska looks nice. I would like to visit in the future, but I can't see myself living there. I prefer warm weather throughout most ofthe year. South weather >

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

this seems like the only thing interesting
laugh.gif
other then that all those pics showed nothing but snow

Ha Ha, I get it cause snow is funny ha ha
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

eyes.gif
That's got to be the Northern Lights aka aurora borealis, right? If so, that is amazing.

I got a friend from high school who's currently stationed in Alaska in the Air Force. He's a mechanic that fixes jets.

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

laugh.gif

eyes.gif
That's got to be the Northern Lights aka aurora borealis, right? If so, that is amazing.

I got a friend from high school who's currently stationed in Alaska in the Air Force. He's a mechanic that fixes jets.

yup, the northern lights. I know where that is...elmendorf air force base...or wainwright?

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

laugh.gif

eyes.gif

yup, the northern lights. I know where that is...elmendorf air force base...or wainwright?
He's stationed at Wainwright in Fairbanks.

There is no reason to live in Alaska unless it's to work (for a higher wage than can be made in the lower 48).
Honestly, %%%! out of there if you're not tied down.

Actually there's plenty of reason to live here.
The reasons would be......?
laugh.gif

It's not that you're even out in the middle of nowhere like say bumble %@@*, Arkansas. It's that you might as well be in space.

If you're not tied down there because of a job, !*@#.

You sure know a lot things, like A LOT of things, man so many things like your smart and stuff..........
smh.gif
I'm still waiting for the "many reasons" that's it's cool to live in Alaska.

I don't care either way but no sane/honest person can say it's cool to live in Alaska. If you live in Alaska your options are extremely limited. Whylimit your options voluntarily?

Originally Posted by akm2tan

Wow so much ignorance in this thread. Most people commenting have not even stepped foot in alaska and just base their opinions on what they see on TV or read on an article.

Let me shed some light on this

First I was born and raised there but now live in Arizona

Cons- Food is more expensive, gas is more expensive (not by much) you cant just get up and drive to Cali or vegas like I can now and there is no professional sporting events (big deal for me). The daylight thing I can see is a drag but you get a lot of it in the summer and simply just get used to it. The drug thing is increasing which is a shame cuz the cities are small. Crime is above average but nothing like here in arizona.

Pros- first off its not boring at all and I say that after I thought it was when I left there. I can literally do everything in Alaska then in Arizona except go to another state or see a pro sports game. There is alot Alaska offers that some people have no idea. And I cant see how anybody wouldnt enjoy at least some of them. Jet skiing, camping, hunting, fishing, 4 wheeling, snow machining, sledding is just a few things you can do. The employment is solid, the real estate is strong and didnt really take a hit from the crisis in other states.

While I was there the culture is very diverse. My high school was about 30% black and the one next to mine had a large amount of mexicans and puerto ricans. There are also a mad amount of filipinos, koreans, and vietnamese people so trust me the chicks there are plentiful and very diverse.

There is a club scene there, not a very good one but its there, alot of car enthusiasts, alot of shoe heads there as well so nothing really different. Its cold but really I heard stories from my customers at work that its colder in Minnesota and Michigan than it is in a place like Anchorage.

Really just dont knock it till you go there, the air is the freshest air you'll breath and the food is awesome. The people there are more humble and down to earth which is a plus for a growing family.

Here, guy who wants reasons....

Looks pretty nice from the pics..I'd like to see how it is to live there. I like the cold and would seem like an interesting change from NYC.

Originally Posted by 4x6191990

Looks pretty nice from the pics..I'd like to see how it is to live there. I like the cold and would seem like an interesting change from NYC.

yeah, sorta the same weather as NYC but definitely less populated.

I used to live in Anchorage. It's actually really nice besides the fall and winter. The summer time is
pimp.gif

Plus for some reason there is a surplus of Dominican and Puerto Rican chicks up there
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

how close you live to angoon?
are eagles & ravens pretty big in your area?

I live hellllllllllla far from those fools....
Originally Posted by Adidas Freak

I used to live in Anchorage. It's actually really nice besides the fall and winter. The summer time is
pimp.gif

Plus for some reason there is a surplus of Dominican and Puerto Rican chicks up there
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

maybe you could help me out...I got burned hella in this thread...where'd you live anyway? I live on muldoon and debarr right now.

I lived on Elmendorf and I used to live really close to East High School. Can't remember the street name cause it's been a while. But it's not farfrom that movie theatre called The Totem or something like that.

*@!%+...you mean to tell me you'd take Angoon over SD? and i'm not even hating on Alaska i'd love to go there someday...

C'mon Merv!

Originally Posted by Adidas Freak

I lived on Elmendorf and I used to live really close to East High School. Can't remember the street name cause it's been a while. But it's not far from that movie theatre called The Totem or something like that.

yeah, that's Muldoon... I know where that is... pretty cool stuff!
Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

*@!%+...you mean to tell me you'd take Angoon over SD? and i'm not even hating on Alaska i'd love to go there someday...

C'mon Merv!

Huh? someone explain? SD over Angoon? Angoon is probably the most depressing place in the country right now.

Back
Top Bottom