THE AMERICANS on FX -- Season 2 Finale: "Echo" ... Tonight at 10/9c

never got into Justified, but heard good things.. has it fallen off as it's seasons progressed?

Walter Goggins is my dude so I'll give it a shot once I get around to finally watching SOA.
Justified hasn't fallen off as bad as SOA. The way it's formatted one season can be amazing and the next can be noticeable step down.

This show is ******g amazing. Just watched the pilot and episode 2. FX has another hit on their hands.

I've been meaning to watch this after seeing the commercial so many times on Fox Soccer. Finally watched the first ep that was available OnDemand & liked it. Didn't know Keri Russell could get down like that.

Unfortunately, OnDemand didn't have episode 2 so I had to search my DVR guide to find the rebroadcast of #2 which is on Tues @ 11PM ET. Will watch that & be able to catch #3 on Wed.

Liked the ending of the first episode, especially since Phil was onto Stan "The Man" (literally). Wonder if the writers named him Stan on purpose. Good show so far.

Been hearing good things about this show. Gotta start watching seeing as how I'm only following basketball and Workaholics nowadays.

Finally got around to the second episode, really enjoyed it. It's a fun watch because they're moving quickly and making the viewer keep up. 

Elizabeth came around by the end of the episode and recognized the superiors and her orders aren't always 100% fair and true when she said they shouldn't send them into impossible missions. 

Phil is 2/2 with badass moments. First beating up the guy who liked young girls and now that woman's brother. They've balanced the physical action with the slower suspense and tension really well. I'm a big fan so far.

never got into Justified, but heard good things.. has it fallen off as it's seasons progressed?

Walter Goggins is my dude so I'll give it a shot once I get around to finally watching SOA.

The first season was alright. Sorta floaty, Southern procedural, so it's just one different story every week...it's just okay. Don't let that make you stop watching.

The 2nd season of Justified is great, great television from beginning to end. They stop doing a case a week, and have one story run the whole season. Margo Martindale killed it. I think she won an Emmy for it, too. Daniel Farraday kills it too. Every step of the way is good, and the ending is pretty awesome. It's one great, Southern gothic crime story told over the whole season. I couldn't say enough good things about it, but that's all I'm gonna say on that. It's contained enough, that if you didn't feel like watching 4 seasons...you could just watch that.

The 3rd season...instead of one big bad guy and story running the whole season, they kinda chopped it up into 3 pieces. It's good, but that was a hard act to follow.

I'm a few back on this season, but I'm liking it.

The thing about Justified is, the characters are so good and specific. They style, the dialogue, the situations. It's so well-lived in. It's redneck noir.

Timothy Olyphant owns the role. After 2 episodes, I wish he would've played Rick in The Walking Dead instead. :smh: Fis boss is the ****, his parents are OD, his chicks are banging. It's just so easy for him to kill this role. And Walton Goggins...kind of a joke in season 1 (only supposed to be a guest star), then transforms and takes over after that. A true great TV character. Maybe even be better than Shane Vendrell in The Shield. Every time he and Olyphant are in the same room it's hype. And they just constantly get great guest actors, sorta like how House would always have someone good you haven't seen in a while slide through.

Oh, and there's this pretty unknown chick who plays Ava Crowder. She's lowkey one of the 2 or 3 best female characters on TV right now. You'll see.

Really good show. Just get past the first season.

It's a fun watch because they're moving quickly and making the viewer keep up. 

Elizabeth came around by the end of the episode and recognized the superiors and her orders aren't always 100% fair and true when she said they shouldn't send them into impossible missions. 

Phil is 2/2 with badass moments. First beating up the guy who liked young girls and now that woman's brother. They've balanced the physical action with the slower suspense and tension really well. I'm a big fan so far.

This.

It felt like Keri softening up came a little sudden, considering the way she was in the premiere, but they handled it really well.

I like how smoothly they worked the spywork into the regular story. It's too early to tell what this show's big picture looks like, but I like it.

Watched episode 2 last night. I like the way this show is progressing. Love the way Phil throws down. Can't tell if it's Systema or Sambo. It looks like a combo of both.

I think Elizabeth was on her way to breaking down & it was just her programming that was making her reply to the situations with Phil showing loyalty to Russia. I felt really bad for the mother in episode 2. It was kinda heart breaking but at the same time I was like look lady, you better put that clock back...

Stan was ill for taking that dude's cavier. How did Phil get it? Did I miss something or did he buy some?

I've been wanting to watch Justified. I watched the very first episode when it premièred but never watched the show again. I wish it was on Netflix.

Stan probably gave Phil the can after they ate some

Last edited:
Stan is kinda slick so if I were Phil I would've said I didn't like the cavier. That was a test to see if Phil is a Ruskie...

I really enjoyed Derek Luke in this. Got this feeling Phil is gonna kill his character if he becomes apart of the cast or reoccurs enough times. Hope they speak on the issue and back story of a black man in American switching his sides and "betraying" a country that really wasn't ever on his side.

Ep was really good. More reveals on how Elizabeth felt about her mission and her role and just the typical things of being a young girl in a "new world" adjusting to her new life and meeting ppl, you know the usual background story beats that lead to jungle fever :lol: Nice to see Elizabeth changing within story about her relationship. Guess it shows she was probably always cold to dude for w/e how many years.

As for the ending I knew it. I was just wondering if they were gonna do it front of Elizabeth and Phil. Granny had me spooked, thought the story was going somewhere else for a sex

man i was waiting for my boy phil to snap
laugh.gif

I was wondering how the hell Gregory and his crew were working with covert KGB agents. I was like are they black Russians :lol: ? But then he talked about how him and Elizabeth met.

Philip has a lot of self control, I would've knocked Greg out for asking if I love Elizabeth :smh:. I know Phil is already thinking about how to handle him.

Phil does have a lot of self control. I swear I thought he was going to snap & choke Gregory out when he was decoding the paper. He just didn't know when to shut up & kept pushing Phil's buttons. I think he's going to end up dead in the next couple of episodes. Phil don't play around.

I knew when Phil & Elizabeth handed over the girl & the baby to the Granny that she was a goner. Loved the way Phil beamed Stan on the racquetball court. Stan was steady talking trash too.

Is it just me or did Elizabeth look scary almost zombie like when she was with the mother & the baby. She looked spooky all pale & stuff. I would've been scarred too if I were the mother...

I loved this episode. My favorite one so far.

Derek Luke was great. The character, the situation, all of it. I loved it. Can he stay?
And Margo Martindale...if you've seen Justified, you know. :nerd: :smokin

Man, this show is the anti-Homeland.

I loved this episode. My favorite one so far.

Derek Luke was great. The character, the situation, all of it. I loved it. Can he stay?
And Margo Martindale...if you've seen Justified, you know. :nerd: :smokin

Man, this show is the anti-Homeland.

CO-SIGN.

And I'm a homeland fan. The writing on The Americans is nothing short of brilliant. Three EXTREMELY strong episodes to kick things off. I just love the dynamic of Phil & Elizabeth's relationship. FX hit gold with this one.

Back
Top Bottom