(The Atlanta is on clock)OFFICIAL 2009 NFL MOCK DRAFT VOL.COUNTDOWN 2 THE DRAFT

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

I wasn't joking about retiring, but since you guys are waiting, Mark Sanchez, QB, USC.

Terrible pick, I know.
PHENOMENAL pick in my book
laugh.gif

Does he come with a free case of syringes?
nerd.gif

Peters gets a 1, a 4, and a future pick???
eek.gif
eek.gif
Thas crazy.

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

^^ Andre Smith?????? come on now....

Looking good now huh. U had to know they were shoping Peters

[h2]Sources: Eagles have deal for Peters[/h2]
Comment Email Print Share
By Sal Paolantonio and Tim Graham
ESPN.com

The Philadelphia Eagles have worked out an agreement in principle to acquire Buffalo Bills left tackle Jason Peters, according to multiple sources.

NFL.com Video

Andy Reid talks with Scott Hanson about the Eagles' new additions and expectations for the coming season.

For Peters, the Bills will receive a first-round pick (the 28th selection in the round), a fourth-rounder in next weekend's draft and an undisclosedpick in 2010, according to a source.

Peters has been asked to fly to Philadelphia on Friday to meet with the Eagles, who have 12 draft choices including two first-round selections. Any tradewould be contingent on Peters passing a physical, but it might also require Peters to agree to a contract extension.

The Eagles and Peters' agent, Eugene Parker, were scheduled to open contract talks Friday.

According to an Eagles source, the Eagles would like to have a contract in place before the trade is complete. Because of that, the Eagles might not be ableto announce the trade until as late as Sunday.

For more than a year, Peters has been in a contract stalemate with the Bills. He's made two Pro Bowls at left tackle and wants to become one of thehighest-paid players at his position -- at an annual salary of possibly more than $11 million.

Peters is scheduled to make $3.375 million for the coming season. Last year he held out of training camp, but the decision did not get him a new contract.Peters is signed through 2010 and can then become a free agent.

A great success story for the Bills, Peters was an undrafted tight end out of Arkansas. The Bills turned him into an offensive lineman and he ended upstarting 10 games by his second season. Buffalo eventually turned him into one of the best left tackles in the game.

Sal Paolantonio covers the NFL for ESPN. Tim Graham covers the AFC East for ESPN.com. ESPN.com senior NFL writer John Clayton contributed to thisreport.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by CP1708

nerd.gif
if he provides his own, he gets a bigger signing bonus

You guys could save a lotta money payin the bigger bonus instead of all those cases of syringes. See, that's why you're the Pats, always thinkin smartwith your $$$

Yeah, Heat will adjust the picks when the trade is official.
pimp.gif

Maclin still on board, and Houston will entertain trade offers.

Will be making our pick at the bottom of the hour.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

nerd.gif
if he provides his own, he gets a bigger signing bonus

You guys could save a lotta money payin the bigger bonus instead of all those cases of syringes. See, that's why you're the Pats, always thinkin smart with your $$$
laugh.gif

Man, I would take Maclin and pair him with Andre. Protect your best player from bein double teamed all season, give your QB another weapon. that'd be mypick.

Maclin will definitely make the offense more potent, and give us an instant upgrade in the return game.

We're not that high on Matthews here at 15.

Jenkins would address some of our cover needs..

War room debating it over.

*Paging Statis22

Originally Posted by heat23

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

^^ Andre Smith?????? come on now....

Looking good now huh. U had to know they were shoping Peters

[h2]Sources: Eagles have deal for Peters[/h2]
Comment Email Print Share
By Sal Paolantonio and Tim Graham
ESPN.com

The Philadelphia Eagles have worked out an agreement in principle to acquire Buffalo Bills left tackle Jason Peters, according to multiple sources.

NFL.com Video

Andy Reid talks with Scott Hanson about the Eagles' new additions and expectations for the coming season.

For Peters, the Bills will receive a first-round pick (the 28th selection in the round), a fourth-rounder in next weekend's draft and an undisclosed pick in 2010, according to a source.

Peters has been asked to fly to Philadelphia on Friday to meet with the Eagles, who have 12 draft choices including two first-round selections. Any trade would be contingent on Peters passing a physical, but it might also require Peters to agree to a contract extension.

The Eagles and Peters' agent, Eugene Parker, were scheduled to open contract talks Friday.

According to an Eagles source, the Eagles would like to have a contract in place before the trade is complete. Because of that, the Eagles might not be able to announce the trade until as late as Sunday.

For more than a year, Peters has been in a contract stalemate with the Bills. He's made two Pro Bowls at left tackle and wants to become one of the highest-paid players at his position -- at an annual salary of possibly more than $11 million.

Peters is scheduled to make $3.375 million for the coming season. Last year he held out of training camp, but the decision did not get him a new contract. Peters is signed through 2010 and can then become a free agent.

A great success story for the Bills, Peters was an undrafted tight end out of Arkansas. The Bills turned him into an offensive lineman and he ended up starting 10 games by his second season. Buffalo eventually turned him into one of the best left tackles in the game.

Sal Paolantonio covers the NFL for ESPN. Tim Graham covers the AFC East for ESPN.com. ESPN.com senior NFL writer John Clayton contributed to this report.

I heard rumors about it but didn't think Buffalo would pull the trigger on this one. I guess they think a sold O-lineman will slip to them at 11. With the24th pick they are prob gonna scoop Pettigrow huh?

What would an 11th overall pick make in correlation to what they would have to pay Peters?

I hate the concept of trading away a player for picks and then using one of those picks (specifically a first-round) to address the position of the player youjust traded away.

Buffalo already got rid of Dockery, too. No sense.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Matthews too, IMO.

Dude didn't start a game at USC I believe and now he's a top 20 pick?

Well Matthews was a walk on and hes one of the best gunners in the business and you know hes going to work hard.

With that said IMO hes more naturally talented then Cushing is but he doesnt have the skills because he hasnt played. He is a project/gamble but hes a betterpass rusher then Cushing and he is better in space then Cushing so....I dunno Cushing could end up being that dude that has 10 tackles when the game is overbut I dont really see any upside with him, his speed is average, hes stiff, and he cant cover a lick.

Considering the Texans shored up the LB spot with the Cato June and Buster Davis signings, we'll go best player available.

The Houston Texans select Jeremy Maclin.

maclin%282%29.jpg

071117_maclin_vlrg_130p.widec.jpg

We're looking for Maclin to team up with AJ to keep defenses honest, and give us a break away threat in the return game.

Back
Top Bottom